Mike Surber Case

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Sure sounds like a great idea to me....emails with photos and links to all L.O.'s and team Captains. Not just APA...could work.

Also, a tip of my hat to those bumping this thread...

We need a list of corporate contact information for the APA, BCA, TAP, ACS, VNEA and any other pool leagues we can think of. On top of that will will need photos and police hot line numbers, etc. The easier we make it on the league operators the more likely to accomplish this.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I am certain that a lot of contact/distribution was done in the past, but I am not sure exactly what was done to whom. I do know that JAM has been very involved. I suggest that someone contact her in order to determine what was done and where to go from here. Doc from Gulfport should be a good contact, too. I am sure other AZBers were involved. If you know who, contact them, too.

Here is what puzzles me: This guy stands out for any number of reasons. Identifying this guy is not dependent upon future contact. Years ago when all of this was "in the air", I expected someone to come forward and say "I know this guy . . . he used to . . . haven't seen him in years, but he was from . . . " and provide the little bitty, infinitesimal, toehold needed to crack the case wide open.

The fact that Mike's case remains unsolved tells me that the nature of the company kept by his killer was extremely bad -- the type that avoids ratting out fellow travelers at any cost. I am very familiar with the ethos of criminals, but there are exceptions. (20 year mandatory minimums, etc., have caused many a mountain to crumble to rubble.) Someday, if we live long enough, and the right person survives and gets caught doing something bad enough, a prosecutor is going to ask the desperate bad guy across from him at an interrogation table, "What can you give me?", a very real, overpowering survival instinct will kick in, and everything will "come rolling home". Problem is there's too many "ifs" and too much time involved in this scenario. It's been too long already . . .

So thank ya'll for caring and for wanting to keep/get the search for Mike's killer going. I will do whatever I can.

Last edited:

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I spoke to Detective McClellon of the Ocean Springs Police Department, 228.230.1888. He was happy to hear of AZB's continued interest and support. He he felt contacting APA, etc., was a good idea and suggested that he be consulted before we do anything.

My suggestions are to contact JAM, Doc, etc., formulate a plan, and delegate duties. It would also be good idea to select a point man to act as a liaison with Detective McClellon/OSPD to avoid confusion/duplication.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
this guy isnt a kid. your not going to get it out on emails and phones. you need to send in the mail picture of a poster with him for the business people to put up. younger people arent going to know him or league players either. do you think he plays in a pool league?

he is a criminal. and criminals will recognize him. so posters where he may hang out and prisons with a reward so someone would stool him out for money.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Jeanette Lee(APA)would be a great contact for JAM to contact, not sure if there's a relationship there but seeing how much JL and Keith M like to gamble....

Anyway I hope they find this dirt bag.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hesitate to post in this forum, but somebody brought this thread to my attention. Sorry, banned members posting, trolls, and haters, but I am contributing to this thread. I won't be here long, though. Try to contain your hate words in this thread, if possible.

There is some new activity on the case. I spoke to Mike Surber's brother a short time ago, and he's keeping me posted. We are in touch via email and telephone. I will relay the message to him expressed recently in this thread. Thank you to those who still care and want to seek justice for Mike Surber.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I do not know enough to comment. I do know that JAM stepped up tall, very early on, in the search for Mike's killer, and I felt she should still be involved. Her absence is our loss. (Again, I do not know all of the details of who, did what, when, with regard to Mike's case on AZB, and do not mean to slight anyone.)

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I do not know enough to comment. I do know that JAM stepped up tall, very early on, in the search for Mike's killer, and I felt she should still be involved. Her absence is our loss. (Again, I do not know all of the details of who, did what, when, with regard to Mike's case on AZB, and do not mean to slight anyone.)

Well your right Jam did put a lot of effort into getting the word out, keep the case alive, and trying to bring attention to Mike's death to hopefully catch the person who killed Mike.

Believe the case even made Armerica's Most wanted with John Walch, but so far the suspect has not been found.

At this point all people can do is keep talking about the case, the suspect, circulate his photo, and last listen for someone saying something that will crack the case.

Seem like Everytime Jwsm come to this Forum with something positive to say, troll decide it fun to make her misriable.

Kind of sad, but that is what the Forum has turned into, Troll City USA. People who have nothing better to do then trash other people for fun.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Well your right Jam did put a lot of effort into getting the word out, keep the case alive, and trying to bring attention to Mike's death to hopefully catch the person who killed Mike.

Believe the case even made Armerica's Most wanted with John Walch, but so far the suspect has not been found.

At this point all people can do is keep talking about the case, the suspect, circulate his photo, and last listen for someone saying something that will crack the case.

Seem like Everytime Jwsm come to this Forum with something positive to say, troll decide it fun to make her misriable.

Kind of sad, but that is what the Forum has turned into, Troll City USA. People who have nothing better to do then trash other people for fun.

Nobody trolled her, she came out of the gate with saying troll this, hater that.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Park all that stuff at the door, please. This is about an unsolved murder and delayed justice. Nothing, absolutely nothing, should interfere.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Nobody trolled her, she came out of the gate with saying troll this, hater that.

Being blunt opinion are like noses, each of us have one. I see a lot of BS that would not happen face to face. Reason is simple, no one can reach into your mobile device or computer, so people fell safe being Trolls, and Asshats.

Think I am goofy, one only look at the cesspool NPR has become, their is no civility there. Could be as bad as Portland, or Seattle.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That guy has ex-con written all over him. I'd start with sending the video to local, state and federal correction facilities and I'd also send it to parole officers.
Sounds great, but almost none of them would ever do anything with it.
I suggested when it first happened, that he was probably an ex con,pretty fresh out. I wanted to have members from this site do searches of all the prisons in their area and see if his mug shot or anyone resembling him came up for recent release,I don't know about now , but back then , there were sites with the parolees pictures and info , I searched all the Ohio Institutions I could find, but nobody ever got in touch with me.

I was told that they do have DNA , so he will probably eventually be caught , but it's been a long time, for this guy to just be running amuck out there.

Last edited:

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I am pretty sure it was suggested that all probation officers be contacted, but I do not know the degree to which this was accomplished.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will never forget my good friend Mike Surber. And I will never stop looking for his killer either. I have his face etched in my mind! One day we will get him. For all we know he is in prison somewhere right now. Or he could be dead. Bad karma usually comes to people like this.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I hesitate to post in this forum, but somebody brought this thread to my attention. Sorry, banned members posting, trolls, and haters, but I am contributing to this thread. I won't be here long, though. Try to contain your hate words in this thread, if possible.

There is some new activity on the case. I spoke to Mike Surber's brother a short time ago, and he's keeping me posted. We are in touch via email and telephone. I will relay the message to him expressed recently in this thread. Thank you to those who still care and want to seek justice for Mike Surber.

We miss you JAM. I don't blame you one bit for not posting here anymore for all of the reasons above. Thanks for the update.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being blunt opinion are like noses, each of us have one. I see a lot of BS that would not happen face to face. Reason is simple, no one can reach into your mobile device or computer, so people fell safe being Trolls, and Asshats.

Think I am goofy, one only look at the cesspool NPR has become, their is no civility there. Could be as bad as Portland, or Seattle.

Biggest troll on the site talking smack about trolls. Where’s my confused faces at. Oh right, I’m not confused anymore. You’re just a piece of shit person.