Pool Table in Building - Issue with light ?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason for the Sunlight was it was Free and already in the Building. It was built for another Customer who backed out at the last minute and he bought it with a really nice discount. A offer he could not refuse. So it was already there and the building was brand new. The place were it was built said they would sell me the ridge cap at cost it is just a matter of switching it out. I just wondered if there was a easier option like I seen some spray tint that may be enough to calm down the glare. Btw For all you Championship cloth haters don’t get your panties in a bunch , the building needs to be finished out inside with electric and walls and insulation and such. He bought the table used and the cloth is worn out. He got the cloth Really cheap. Cheap enough that once the building is complete and he can maintain a more stable temp inside he is going to get Simon 860. But he has to save up to get material to do that. So the Championship cloth will serve its purpose just fine and if it gets to cold or hot then if the cloth gets damaged or comes loose from temp going up or down he is not out to much. I did mean to offend you , the Pool Masters that have to have the best of the best. My Apologies. It reminds me of what my Dad Said , he was a pool hustler and made a a lot of money doing so back in the 60’s and 70’s. I have been told by several people that he was one of the best players around and was unbeatable back in his day. He had a old house cue that he sanded the shaft part down and black electric tape were the handle was for a wrap. I ask him why he never bought a nice 2 piece cue and he just smiled and said I never thought I needed one one because I was never beat by one. Guys would cone in with fancy cases and fancy 2 piece cues and win the tournament and then I would wait till after the tournament and then take the money they won. You don’t need all that to be good.

This is what I don't understand about you and this whole endeavor however, I do not think your mentality is isolated to pool. You got the building on the cheap. AWESOME! You have the CORRECT solution to your dilemma, at COST mind you, yet you are fishing for half-assed ways on the cheap to avoid the proper solution. Same with the ball cleaning and the same with the cloth. Get the ridge cap, the proper ball cleaning solution and 860HR and be done with it.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what I don't understand about you and this whole endeavor however, I do not think your mentality is isolated to pool. You got the building on the cheap. AWESOME! You have the CORRECT solution to your dilemma, at COST mind you, yet you are fishing for half-assed ways on the cheap to avoid the proper solution. Same with the ball cleaning and the same with the cloth. Get the ridge cap, the proper ball cleaning solution and 860HR and be done with it.

10-4 good Buddy sounds like a Winner , the cloth was not just on the cheap. A Dealer / table mechanic friend of mine told me that Simons cloth does not take to well to extreme temp from going hot to cold to fast and the cloth would come loose from that. He said he recommends Championship Mercy Ultra for situations were a table is in the building like that. Once he gets it insulated and finished out he is going to install the Simons cloth. He figured any cloth would be better than what is on it and would serve the purpose for a while. The people who I have conversed with seem to really like this cloth. They use it at Tournaments as well so we figured it could not be all that bad. He also got a new set of Aramith balls with the proper Aramith polish so that is all good. Thanks for your input tho I do Appreciate it

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason for the Sunlight was it was Free and already in the Building. It was built for another Customer who backed out at the last minute and he bought it with a really nice discount. A offer he could not refuse. So it was already there and the building was brand new. The place were it was built said they would sell me the ridge cap at cost it is just a matter of switching it out. I just wondered if there was a easier option like I seen some spray tint that may be enough to calm down the glare. Btw For all you Championship cloth haters don’t get your panties in a bunch , the building needs to be finished out inside with electric and walls and insulation and such. He bought the table used and the cloth is worn out. He got the cloth Really cheap. Cheap enough that once the building is complete and he can maintain a more stable temp inside he is going to get Simon 860. But he has to save up to get material to do that. So the Championship cloth will serve its purpose just fine and if it gets to cold or hot then if the cloth gets damaged or comes loose from temp going up or down he is not out to much. I did mean to offend you , the Pool Masters that have to have the best of the best. My Apologies. It reminds me of what my Dad Said , he was a pool hustler and made a a lot of money doing so back in the 60’s and 70’s. I have been told by several people that he was one of the best players around and was unbeatable back in his day. He had a old house cue that he sanded the shaft part down and black electric tape were the handle was for a wrap. I ask him why he never bought a nice 2 piece cue and he just smiled and said I never thought I needed one one because I was never beat by one. Guys would cone in with fancy cases and fancy 2 piece cues and win the tournament and then I would wait till after the tournament and then take the money they won. You don’t need all that to be good.
Since CHEAP looks to be the priority it looks like you hit one out of the park. Do you need someone else's blessing to validate your frugality???? You ask for opinions on a site full of pool players yet you get all butthurt when the answer doesn't suit you. Might need a 'scrip of that new miracle drug, 'Growacet'. ;)

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since CHEAP looks to be the priority it looks like you hit one out of the park. Do you need someone else's blessing to validate your frugality???? You ask for opinions on a site full of pool players yet you get all butthurt when the answer doesn't suit you. Might need a 'scrip of that new miracle drug, 'Growacet'. ;)

Garc you seem a little perturbed, I am not butt hurt at all. It just seems you mis understood , I slowed it down for you Brother. You asked why would we get the skylight knowing a pool table was going in and it was already there it came with it. It seems to me you need more of the “ Growacet “ yourself. How pathetic is it to get upset to a point that you have to lower your I-cue to smart off because someone ask a question. You don’t know me well enough to talk to me like that and I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Don’t be a keyboard Warrior, let it go. Just asking a question you don’t like it move on. I do not need your Opinion. Sad part about it I liked you we have talked a few times over different topics. Chill smoke another Cigar. It takes a lot more Energy to be a ***** then it does to be Nice ��

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garc you seem a little perturbed, I am not butt hurt at all. It just seems you mis understood , I slowed it down for you Brother. You asked why would we get the skylight knowing a pool table was going in and it was already there it came with it. It seems to me you need more of the “ Growacet “ yourself. How pathetic is it to get upset to a point that you have to lower your I-cue to smart off because someone ask a question. You don’t know me well enough to talk to me like that and I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Don’t be a keyboard Warrior, let it go. Just asking a question you don’t like it move on. I do not need your Opinion. Sad part about it I liked you we have talked a few times over different topics. Chill smoke another Cigar. It takes a lot more Energy to be a ***** then it does to be Nice ��
Not perturbed in the least. You asked basically the same series of questions when asking all those questions about ADAM cues, balls, cloth, little tables and not liking the answers you got back then. You seem to be awfully concerned with cost whether its a cue, cloth, cleaning, building, whatever. That's cool just say' Hey, i'm cheap and i'm looking to get into'name the product' as cheap as possible. We've all been there and paid the price in the long run. BTW, i hope you're putting this building on a slab 'cause i know more than one person that put a table in a pre-fab shed like this and the floor gave way about 6mos after install.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was suggested that we put the table on a 3/4 piece of plywood to spread out the weight. Then they put extra concrete blocks under the floor for support. A friend of mine has the same table in the same building and it has been there for 2 years with no issues. I am not necessarily looking for on the cheap. My Son is the One who has the building / table etc. I was looking for a rather quick demeans thought someone may have been here before. I will help him get the ridge cap and fix it right. The Advice about the SImons not doing well in temp changes may have been bad advice I don’t know to much about cloth but the folk who have Championship cloth had nothing bad to say about and they just Tournaments Blue In the Mercury Ultra. Surly it will hold up long enough to finish the building.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the glare affect the pool play? If not, I wouldn't bother climbing up there and spending all day to mess around on a roof top.

As far as damaging the cloth or cushions, I doubt there would be any difference from having a table near a window. My home GC4 table has been near a window for 8 years now, and the cloth and cushions are great.

IMO:):)

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the glare affect the pool play? If not, I wouldn't bother climbing up there and spending all day to mess around on a roof top.

As far as damaging the cloth or cushions, I doubt there would be any difference from having a table near a window. My home GC4 table has been near a window for 8 years now, and the cloth and cushions are great.

IMO:):)

Yeah but a sun lit room is a whole different animal than a skylight that is providing direct sunlight on a pool table for a few hours a day. I would go out on a limb and say most home tables are in a room with windows, and are protected with blinds, or curtains against too much direct sunlight, and I would think it would be okay to leave the blinds open all the time as long as the window is not facing east or west.