Back to Wood?

sgengaro86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been playing with a Pechaeur Rogue CF for a few weeks. I like it, but I am not sure it plays better than my Samsara LD TrueShaft. Also, I the feel of the shaft when I touch it still feels odd. I just like the wood better. Has anyone gone back to wood LD from CF?
Thanks

edwu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tried the Revo for awhile and went back to my original wood Lambros shaft with ivory ferrules.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a lot of trouble with feel with the REVO. I believe th eRogue is similar in this aspect. Two years ago I never would have thought I would say this, but try a Cuetec Cynergy.

Personally, with the Cynergy I feel like you get the best of both worlds (wood and carbon) in that shaft.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I used a Cuetec CF for about 4 months and switched back to a Pred 313-2. Nothing against the CF shaft, it was fine, I just like wood better.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a Cuetec CF for about 4 months and switched back to a Pred 313-2. Nothing against the CF shaft, it was fine, I just like wood better.

I went back to my 314-3 for an hour or two. Couldn’t stand it, I went back to my 12.4 Revo.
Every time I try another brand of CF, I can’t stand it.

My Joss West is the best playing wood cue I’ve ever played with. Just for a good comparison I should try that cue again

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I went back to my 314-3 for an hour or two. Couldn’t stand it, I went back to my 12.4 Revo.
Every time I try another brand of CF, I can’t stand it.

My Joss West is the best playing wood cue I’ve ever played with. Just for a good comparison I should try that cue again

I've only shot with a Revo sparingly but it felt good. I'm just not willing to shell out the price they demand. I'm not saying it's not worth it, it's just not worth it to me.

sddale2001

Registered
I tried the Rogue, Revo and Defy. I bought the Defy because the taper and feel was good. I used it for a few weeks but never loved it. I ended up going back to the wood shafts that I prefer....Tonkin and Richard Black.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been really enjoying my mezz ignite! Solid feel and extremely low deflection

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cynergy. I like it but there's nothing magic about it compared to wood. The deflection isn't much different than a 314-3 imo. The reason I'm sold on it is not having to worry about warping, dings, sandpaper, etc. just wipe down with alcohol every once in a while and it's perfectly smooth.

Also the taper on the cynergy is nice, but that can be done on a wooden shaft too

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Rouge was the closest feeling to wood and hit like wood you can get from a carbon shaft as far as I have tried out. I switched to 12.4 Revo because it suits my game better, It's a great tool for my game. I love wood, but I can't deny the revo's performance and other things like staying smooth no warp problems come as a plus.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
The reason I'm sold on it is not having to worry about warping, dings, sandpaper, etc.

I don't own a CF shaft, never even shot with one or held one in my hands, and probably will never own one, but the above statement would be the only reason I might ever buy one.

Maniac

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been waiting for a thread like this.
Some of you folks, me included, can get ready for some red reps. Bwahahahaha
Popcorn please.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of the predator reps who used Revo went back to wood after awhile, they apparently didn’t like Revo.

Some pros who used other brands of CF who tried the switch for their rep company, also went back to wood.

I won’t name names of the pros but if someone interested I can give it away. They obviously like the feel of wood better.

There are still some pros who switched to CF and decided to stick with it, I guess preference.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I love my Cynergy...can't put it down. I tried my favorite wood shaft (Gulyassy SPTX) for a rack and hated it. I'm a convert. I can still shoot with wood, but really prefer CF in every way.