Des Moines, IA & Chicago, IL

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
Okay, so the fam damily wants to leave Thursday night to drive from KC to Chicago. That's puts us in Des Moines Thursday night.

What's the best room around Des Moines? Any Thursday night tournaments I could donate to?

Also, I'll be at Chris's in Chicago Friday night if anyone wants to meet up.

Thanks!

T0dd-Pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big Dogs

You will want to check out Big Dogs in Des Moines for sure. Not sure if they run a tourny tomorrow but i'm sure mike could fill you in if he happens to pop online.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Big Dogs

T0dd-Pocket said:
You will want to check out Big Dogs in Des Moines for sure. Not sure if they run a tourny tomorrow but i'm sure mike could fill you in if he happens to pop online.

I agree with recommending Big Dogs. I met chefjeff there for a Tuesday night tournament and it was the best weekly tournament that I had ever been to. The room is huge and there was alot going on there. I will visit that room again next year when I return to Des Moines for business.

Kevin

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Kevin Lindstrom said:
I agree with recommending Big Dogs. I met chefjeff there for a Tuesday night tournament and it was the best weekly tournament that I had ever been to. The room is hugh and there was alot going on there. I will visit that room again next year when I return to Des Moines for business.

Kevin

Was it so good because I was there?:thumbup:

Dogs is the best place for sure. It is just off the crosstown freeway I-235 on east Euclid avenue. Can't miss it...right next to the west/southbound exit ramp.

I don't think there is a Thursday tournament though.

Jeff Livingston

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
Will you be there Thurs night Jeff?

Hey, when did I become a "Senior Member"? I'm not THAT old!!

Last edited:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
chefjeff said:
Was it so good because I was there?:thumbup:

Dogs is the best place for sure. It is just off the crosstown freeway I-235 on east Euclid avenue. Can't miss it...right next to the west/southbound exit ramp.

I don't think there is a Thursday tournament though.

Jeff Livingston

Yes Jeff it was good because you and Mike were there. Was the tournament held on Monday night? I know it was Monday Tuesday or Wednesday night. I can't remember which. I do know that there were lots of nice people and a fair amount of talent in there that night. I will definately be back to play for sure.

Kevin

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
pool4u said:
Will you be there Thurs night Jeff?

I can be....my wife has the day off so my 'honey-do' list should be done by then.

I've been practicing straight pool....do you play? My main game is 8-ball barbox, and I used to be pretty good at 9 foot 9 ball. Name your poison.

When you get to town, call me. My phone number is at my business site or in the phone book:

www.shaklee.net/livingston

Jeff Livingston

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
chefjeff said:
I've been practicing straight pool....do you play? My main game is 8-ball barbox, and I used to be pretty good at 9 foot 9 ball. Name your poison.

Oh I play 'em all. But I haven't played straight pool in a long, long time so that sounds like fun! I'll call ya.

I have a friend who used to live in Des Moines and he was telling me about some huge pool table there. 6x12? Very cool.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
pool4u said:
Oh I play 'em all. But I haven't played straight pool in a long, long time so that sounds like fun! I'll call ya.

I have a friend who used to live in Des Moines and he was telling me about some huge pool table there. 6x12? Very cool.

There was a Canadian snooker table but I think it's gone now. 10x5 foot billiards, though.

If I don't answer, leave a message...I'll be right back.

Jeff Livingston

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
Thanks Jeff & Dan!!

I just wanted to say thanks to Jeff and Dan for meeting me at Big Dog's (Jeff) and Chris's (Dan). I had a great time!

pool4u

Hola Paco
Silver Member
And by the way...

Dan made 3 jump shots in a row against me. How strong is that???

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on now Peggy! You know it was just DUMB luck!
It was a pleasure to meet you and your brother, and you did get to chat with
George Fels. I wished you could have stayed a llittle longer but it was easy to see how tired you were. Road trips can be exhausting.. Hope you had a great time at the wedding, it's always good get home. THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!
PS Peggy is one straight shooting lady!!
Dan

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
pool4u said:
I just wanted to say thanks to Jeff and Dan for meeting me at Big Dog's (Jeff) and Chris's (Dan). I had a great time!

I enjoyed the short visit, too. Wish we had a little more time, but I had a league call at the last minute to play. I sub for this team and it was the final night and they had to beat the 2nd place team for the season championship and they were desperately needing one more player, so I played.

By the time I got to Dog's, Peggy was about to leave. But, it is always a pleasure to meet AZers (so far, anyway, no stinkers).:)

Come on back, Peg, anytime.

Jeff Livingston