Ebony on Ebony

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Build this for Will Proud it was build to be a daily player. He just received it Saturday morning.

20191125_023935.jpg

20191125_023703.jpg

20191125_022735.jpg

20191125_022804.jpg

20191125_022851.jpg

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Pete,
It has been hard to just put the cue down for a few minutes since I received it Saturday morning. The cue is unbelievable, and is 5-stars in three ways:

1. Playability: First, and foremost, (form always follows function), the cue hits magnificently! Weight is perfect, balance perfect, shaft taper cannot be better, it hits like a dream!

2. Design: The choice of woods, the stunning multi-color blue veneers, the handle, the silver work, the boxed points, ringwork, joint protector set and more....are way, way beyond my expectations.
The design flows in every way possible.
The cue is extraordinarily impressive, extremely beautiful; couldn’t be more pleased.

3. Execution: The cue is built flawlessly, absolutely without a single, microscopic hiccup. Rings are perfect, points perfect, everything simply without flaw.
And the photos, though stellar, do not begin to show the true beauty of the cue when I hold it in my hands.

Plays perfectly, designed superbly, built flawlessly!
I’m a very happy camper.
I also am remiss if I don’t point out the computer rendering you provided me at the outset of my acquisition, along with design changes we discussed along the way, and the periodic updates.
Again, I could not be more pleased!

Will Prout

Last edited:

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue. You have obviously made Mr. Prout very happy with not only the design and build execution, But also with the playability. This coming from a man who has played with a tremendous number of cues built by so many great makers.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's some kinda high rent, classy player!! Wonderful work in every way.

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete,
It has been hard to just put the cue down for a few minutes since I received it Saturday morning. The cue is unbelievable, and is 5-stars in three ways:

1. Playability: First, and foremost, (form always follows function), the cue hits magnificently! Weight is perfect, balance perfect, shaft taper cannot be better, it hits like a dream!

2. Design: The choice of woods, the stunning multi-color blue veneers, the handle, the silver work, the boxed points, ringwork, joint protector set and more....are way, way beyond my expectations.
The design flows in every way possible.
The cue is extraordinarily impressive, extremely beautiful; couldn’t be more pleased.

3. Execution: The cue is built flawlessly, absolutely without a single, microscopic hiccup. Rings are perfect, points perfect, everything simply without flaw.
And the photos, though stellar, do not begin to show the true beauty of the cue when I hold it in my hands.

Plays perfectly, designed superbly, built flawlessly!
I’m a very happy camper.
I also am remiss if I don’t point out the computer rendering you provided me at the outset of my acquisition, along with design changes we discussed along the way, and the periodic updates.
Again, I could not be more pleased!

Will Prout

Will, thanks so much for the complements on the cue.