How many years have you gone to Vegas for a pool tournament?

calcuttaman

Pool Player
Silver Member
I know a couple of guys that have been to Las Vegas for BCAPL, VNEA, etc for 25+ years in a row. One guy I know (Lupe Rosas) says he's been there about 100 times for pool tournaments. Me, 7 years in a row is all.

Has anyone here been going forever?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Been going to Vegas for BCAPL pool since 1992. Added ACS in 2004? Going to play VNEA as well this year. With all the changes going on for the BCAPL event, it is now a question mark.

Lyn

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know a couple of guys that have been to Las Vegas for BCAPL, VNEA, etc for 25+ years in a row. One guy I know (Lupe Rosas) says he's been there about 100 times for pool tournaments. Me, 7 years in a row is all.

My first was the US Open in 1969. My latest was the Mosconi Cup earlier this month.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been going to Vegas for pool tournaments since the mid 70s. I've been every year at least once, since 1987. This year I spent the better part of 3 weeks in a row in Vegas...WAY TOO LONG! :D

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Scott,

I was told when all the events were at the Riviera, it was possible to spend three weeks or more back to back Nationals (APA, BCAPL, ACS).

I've been going to Vegas for pool tournaments since the mid 70s. I've been every year at least once, since 1987. This year I spent the better part of 3 weeks in a row in Vegas...WAY TOO LONG! :D

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member

I have played Lupe several times. What a great gentleman and champion.

randyg

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
My first was the US Open in 1969. My latest was the Mosconi Cup earlier this month.

Bob,

It was great to have the honor to sit next to you at the Mosconi. Hope to have another opportunity to talk to you during one of the upcoming league events in Vegas. Best of everything to you this coming year.

Lyn

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played Lupe several times. What a great gentleman and champion.

randyg

I have known Lupe about 25 years now. We have played in many of the same tournaments, and talked a number of times. But, amazingly, I don't think we have ever played each other!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played in the acs nationals a few years a go. If I ever go back it will be for Apa or bca. Acs was to small to travel from pa for.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Played in the acs nationals a few years a go. If I ever go back it will be for Apa or bca. Acs was to small to travel from pa for.

Before you write ACS off, ask some folks who played last year. The event is nearly doubled in size in the last couple of years. Of the three events I travel to, ACS is the best. Followed by the BCAPL. APA is the worst strictly because you have to win your way in. I'm qualifying for the VNEA this year. Should be another interesting experience. With the BCAPL changing the format to Fargo handicap, might just pass it up for a year till things shake out.

Lyn