Jerry Rauenzahn - Bushka II Project Cue

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
Thank you Dean Campbell and Jerry Rauenzahn! About a year ago or so, Dean Campbell posted a thread about having a second Jerry Rauenzahn Bushka Contest. Dubbed "Bushka II", I was the fifth person to commit to having Jerry Rauenzahn build my own "Bushka" inspired cue. Well, on Friday I took delivery of this cue.

I would like to thank Jerry for all of his efforts. The man has exceptional talent. He was great to work with. He had excellent communication and sent progress pictures during the project build. Thank you again for bringing my design to life.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Looks sick. Congrats. Only thing i would a done differently is the joint. I love the feel of the Ivory over the SS.

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
NICE!!!

That's beautiful!!! You are a lucky owner. This is one of Jerry Rauenzahn's last cues he will EVER build. Imagine how many people will want that cue when he retires.

It will hit great also.

Thanks for sharing this work of art.

John Marshall

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great looker, love this classic stuff... right down to the straight grain maple.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like your cue a lot.......I was fortunate to get in on Bushka I & Bushka II.
Mine was the first cue completed for Bushka II this past Memorial Day.

There have been a few pundits that pop up every now & then about the
Bushka design and even Jerry Rauenzahn. You have this cue in your
hands. It looks meticulous and you can attest to the great workmanship.

You see Bushkas from just about every cue-maker and I've found out that
Jerry does it as good as "every" other cue-maker as your own cue attests
and the last one he made for me. And with his pending retirement, just
consider yourself fortunate to have a cue made.....a great experience..

Matt B.

Last edited:

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Impecccable

Congrats Q addict

Your design is really stunning. I love Jerry's work and his cues have an excellent feel and balance. The veneers are crisp and the work on the butt and the rings are classic.

I am fortunate to have three of Jerrys' cues and I thoroughly enjoy each of them.

I know you will get a lot of compliments in the pool hall and will really like the way it plays.

Congrats and enjoy!

Dave

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
Thanks for the compliments on my cue everyone. I am thrilled how this cue turned out. Jerry is an outstanding cue maker. I especially love his "Bushka" designs as the older I get, the more old school my taste become. I hope Jerry gets to enjoy his retirement. His cue making talents, work ethics, and communication will be missed. He was a class act to work with!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bushka I & Bushka II Cues by Jerry Rauenzahn

I've done my best to compile photos of the various designs comprising the different cues produced by Jerry thanks to my good friend, Dean Campbell,
who created both of these unique cue projects.

Normally with my type of being lucky, I'd be writing about feeling depressed at having missed out in getting in on either of those fabulous projects, especially
after viewing photos of some of these splendid cue designs. But not this time.......Nope....I know a good thing when I spot it and I was the 2nd person to get
on board for the Bushka I project...DunnM1 beat me by 2 days & made sure I was the 1st sign-up for Bushka II receiving mine this past Memorial Day Holiday.

I've tried to arrange threads for posting cues under the title of both projects but that never quite accomplished what I had in mind. Somehow on the Forum,
things go sideways and then there's needless debate on bullshit issues that every reader has come to observe.....and I admit that I resent people that unfairly
criticize any cue-maker, let alone one of my buddies. Some cue-makers, as well as some forum members, have adversaries & sometimes you can't differentiate.

Jerry and I discussed his retirement lat year and he actually stopped accepting new cue orders early this year. There shortly will be no more Jerry R. cues and
anyone that has one is fortunate and those of us that got in on Bushka I & Bushka II are even more fortunate.......and both of mine have flat ivory joints so it adds
even more significance for me because of the ivory ban controversy.

Anyway, I was chatting with Jerry this morning and he asked me to post a photo of one of the Bushka II cues he completed that's a design based on Ray Martin's
pool cue. I will always treasure the two Jerry R. cues I own which were just a great experience to have made.

Matt B.

Attachments

• Ray Martin Bushka.jpg
    Ray Martin Bushka.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How lucky is that

When Jerry used to build into straight grain the wood came out of a batch of almost 60 year old wood or 25 year old wood.
That front looks straight grain.
If so you are very lucky.
Nick :)