mezz

chancen it

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently went with a Mezz EC7-WMM .. My question is about the wood to ring connection. I can feel the splice around where they meet.The bottom ring or joint is smooth.Rings are not raised but you can feel a line all the way around.I talked to seyberts and they said all of them are like that.Is this common on these type of cues,no wrap, all wood? I do have lucasi all wood and the finish is smooth but it doesnt have the metal rings.

Attachments

• ec7wmm_1499090812_ec7_wmm_850.jpg
    ec7wmm_1499090812_ec7_wmm_850.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is normal with metal rings. Wood and metal expand at different rates with temperature changes so there tends to be some imperfection in the ring area after a while of being exposed to weather and humidity.
As long as they dont pop up through the clearcoat breaking it or moving out of place you should be allright. I actually have the same cue myself and the rings around the handle can be felt through the clear just barely but they've stayed the same from the day that I bought it :smile:

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
I had a Pechauer cue that had metal trim rings and I could feel them slightly through the clear coat. It was very smooth, but I could feel them and it bugged me. My current cue has two different woods butted together and it's as smooth as glass. I would still rather feel that than where a wrap butts up to clear coat. :thumbup: Nice cue btw...

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently went with a Mezz EC7-WMM .. My question is about the wood to ring connection. I can feel the splice around where they meet.The bottom ring or joint is smooth.Rings are not raised but you can feel a line all the way around.I talked to seyberts and they said all of them are like that.Is this common on these type of cues,no wrap, all wood? I do have lucasi all wood and the finish is smooth but it doesnt have the metal rings.
I have 2 no-wrap cues like your Mezz. Just bought a McDermott G230 custom ordered with different stains than the standard because it comes with a bright blue I think is horrendous. Anyway...4 sets of metal rings and if you were blindfolded you'd have no idea where they were. The butt is perfectly smooth from the bumper to the shaft, so excellent QC at McDermott. I also have a Pechauer JP-09N and same story. The rings are completely flush with the wood above and below and impossible to tell by feel where they are. I've heard on this site how wonderful Mezz is so what's the story here?

chancen it

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mezz update

I sent that cue back from seyberts.I talked to manning cues and they have never had that problem before.I bought the same cue from them,its perfect. I think I just got unlucky with the other cue. (both sites were great to talk to by the way)