Easy Fractions

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think you have a different meaning for feel then most of us.. Choosing an objective perception is not feel IMO.

I hear you. But what internal mechanism guides you to "choosing" the correct objective perception? You just know it based on experience, right? That is what I'm talking about. That knowing is what I'm calling feel. And since no one here has provided a definition or explanation of "feel" , I don't understand how you can say my definition of it is different than most everyone else's.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear you. But what internal mechanism guides you to "choosing" the correct objective perception? You just know it based on experience, right? That is what I'm talking about. That knowing is what I'm calling feel. And since no one here has provided a definition or explanation of "feel" , I don't understand how you can say my definition of it is different than most everyone else's.

Knowing which one to pick from experience is just that. I'm not feeling it or guessing. I'm using exact objective aim lines to form my perception.
I can say your definition of feel is different cause i've never heard anyone describe it like that on here.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Final aim refinement ("adjustment") is done by subconsciously comparing the actual alignment with what we subconsciously "remember" looks right for that cut angle. This is pretty obvious for all aiming methods.

pj
chgo

You're using tiny jammed together contact points for your angles that can be confusing and are.

Contact points aren't in our process.

I know what you do because I did it for many years. If you used Joe Tucker's aiming system you wouldn't have to remember what you're groping around for. The only thing to remember is where the two balls lay on the table in relationship to a pocket and match one number (contact point) to another.

It's simple to pick out a contact point on the OB but matching it with an equal and opposite spot on the CB is the tough part because it's imagined on the opposite side of the CB. With his it's on BOTH sides of the CB.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
You're using tiny jammed together contact points for your angles that can be confusing and are.

Contact points aren't in our process.
How did contact points get into this?

It's pretty clear that we just don't speak the same language. Maybe best if you just assume my comments are directed at others, not you.

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Knowing which one to pick from experience is just that. I'm not feeling it or guessing.
It doesn't seem that way to you because you've gotten good at it. You're just feeling/guessing more quickly and confidently now.

I'm using exact objective aim lines to form my perception.
Your "perception" doesn't consist of those lines; it's based on some undescribed relationship between those lines - that's what you're "picking from experience".

pj
chgo

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
How did contact points get into this?

It's pretty clear that we just don't speak the same language. Maybe best if you just assume my comments are directed at others, not you.

pj
chgo

Contact points are what you use. They play a different role in the difficulty of perception between two balls vs. basically one to three aim points for a cut in either direction. Easy to see and set up.

A lot of reason for "adjustments" the way you do it. Difficult to see and set up.

I made an offer to you earlier in another post:

Here's the deal, I won't say SH*T about what you think and play the game IF you do likewise with me and others who play like I do. We stay OUT of each other's threads, posts, and way to play the game.

YAY or NAY?

Well, YAY OR NAY?

Maybe we need to extend it to CTE threads and posts vs. FEEL threads and posts. YOU AND THE 4 PRIMARY OTHERS STAY OUT OF CTE AND WE STAY OUT OF FEEL AND ADJUSTMENT POSTS. AS LONG AS YOU AREN'T DRAGGING CTE INTO IT.

THIS WOULD LEAVE A LARGE VACUUM IN YOUR LIFE IF YOU COULDN'T, SO I KNOW YOU WON'T AGREE. I'M GAME!

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Knowing which one to pick from experience is just that. I'm not feeling it or guessing. I'm using exact objective aim lines to form my perception.
I can say your definition of feel is different cause i've never heard anyone describe it like that on here.

Ok. I'm just saying that how you know -- the final signal your brain produces after analyzing all the data, all the sensory inputs and stored knowledge that leads to a "this is it" result -- is feel.

I've never seen anyone here attempt to define or explain feel any deeper than the standard, "I just see it" explanation. I just took it a little deeper.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stay in school hillbilly or go back if needed.
I never said it was or wasn't positive. Question was "How is this positive".
One might state the pro's or con's as a reply.
Your past recommendations to your cohort is the advice I shall heed now.
Gone to ignore.
*Low the Hillbilly takes the advice and goes back to the 5th grade on the G.I. bill for some more "book larning" and spelling and reading comprehsnsion and tpying skills*
(amazingly good advice around here sometimes):thumbup:
:smile:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Contact points are what you use. They play a different role in the difficulty of perception between two balls vs. basically one to three aim points for a cut in either direction. Easy to see and set up.

A lot of reason for "adjustments" the way you do it. Difficult to see and set up.

I made an offer to you earlier in another post:

Here's the deal, I won't say SH*T about what you think and play the game IF you do likewise with me and others who play like I do. We stay OUT of each other's threads, posts, and way to play the game.

YAY or NAY?

Well, YAY OR NAY?

Maybe we need to extend it to CTE threads and posts vs. FEEL threads and posts. YOU AND THE 4 PRIMARY OTHERS STAY OUT OF CTE AND WE STAY OUT OF FEEL AND ADJUSTMENT POSTS. AS LONG AS YOU AREN'T DRAGGING CTE INTO IT.

THIS WOULD LEAVE A LARGE VACUUM IN YOUR LIFE IF YOU COULDN'T, SO I KNOW YOU WON'T AGREE. I'M GAME!
Or we could just be adults with different views who don't go off in big blue insults whenever they differ.

pj <- yeah, right
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Or we could just be adults with different views who don't go off in big blue insults whenever they differ.

pj <- yeah, right
chgo

Oh and you don't insult? You've been doing it for two decades and what got you banned for two years and even longer the next time. You got paroled back in March.

Your wise guy insulting cutting remarks have gotten you in a bunch of trouble. I don't know what you're like in real life as opposed to here, but if you are the same as here it's a wonder how you got away without somebody smashing your head into a brick wall.

Heed your own advice about being an adult. If "Blue" freaks you out, too damn bad. Get over it.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Maybe I misunderstand, but it's actually to a point somewhere on the line that runs from the ghost ball center to the CB center. It's only to the CB itself if the CB happens to be at one of the pre-measured distances for your handspan. ...

Correct; I said that poorly.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. I'm just saying that how you know -- the final signal your brain produces after analyzing all the data, all the sensory inputs and stored knowledge that leads to a "this is it" result -- is feel.

I've never seen anyone here attempt to define or explain feel any deeper than the standard, "I just see it" explanation. I just took it a little deeper.

I'd call in anything but feel but ok.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn't seem that way to you because you've gotten good at it. You're just feeling/guessing more quickly and confidently now.

Your "perception" doesn't consist of those lines; it's based on some undescribed relationship between those lines - that's what you're "picking from experience".

pj
chgo

You are amazing. Keep up the good fight PJ.
My experience helps me see the objective aim lines clearer. Experience takes the feeling/guessing out of it. Nice try though.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd call in anything but feel but ok.

That's cool. I don't know the official term for it, but in psychological terms to think something is right or wrong, correct or incorrect, dead on or not dead on, etc....is referred to as gut instinct, or internal feel. So saying, "I think this looks dead on" is the same as saying as "I feel like this is dead on."

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's cool. I don't know the official term for it, but in psychological terms to think something is right or wrong, correct or incorrect, dead on or not dead on, etc....is referred to as gut instinct, or internal feel. So saying, "I think this looks dead on" is the same as saying as "I feel like this is dead on."

Really, guess i got to get a psychological book and get up to speed.
My gut telling me how to shoot a shot is totally different then lining up with visually objective aim points. IMO

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I wouldn't consider right or wrong, correct or incorrect, the same as "i feel this is correct"
"i feel" is a guess. Right or wrong is a concrete answer, no gut or guessing

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't consider right or wrong, correct or incorrect, the same as "i feel this is correct"
"i feel" is a guess. Right or wrong is a concrete answer, no gut or guessing

You just don't get it. We're in two different worlds I suppose. Every decision you make involves a multifaceted process within your brain. That process involves collecting data (either from memory or from sensory inputs like vision or hearing), then the data gets analyzed and compared to already acquired knowledge to see if there's an automatic solution readily available. If you lack the proper experience for the task, then there's likely no automatic solution and you'll have to consciously work it out, aka...learning mode.

Your concrete answer of right or wrong is not an absolute. It's a signal response produced by the brain, a thought, and it says "This is right." So at this point you think you are right because your brain is telling you to think that way.

No need to get too carried away with terminology simply because the word "feel" or "think" doesn't sound concrete enough for you. The world we sense around us is only as real as our brains make it, and it's seldom as absolute as black or white. We think. Even when we know something 100%, we are merely thinking we know it 100%....we feel like we know it 100%.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You just don't get it. We're in two different worlds I suppose. Every decision you make involves a multifaceted process within your brain. That process involves collecting data (either from memory or from sensory inputs like vision or hearing), then the data gets analyzed and compared to already acquired knowledge to see if there's an automatic solution readily available. If you lack the proper experience for the task, then there's likely no automatic solution and you'll have to consciously work it out, aka...learning mode.

Your concrete answer of right or wrong is not an absolute. It's a signal response produced by the brain, a thought, and it says "This is right." So at this point you think you are right because your brain is telling you to think that way.

No need to get too carried away with terminology simply because the word "feel" or "think" doesn't sound concrete enough for you. The world we sense around us is only as real as our brains make it, and it's seldom as absolute as black or white. We think. Even when we know something 100%, we are merely thinking we know it 100%....we feel like we know it 100%.
No need to push "feel" down our throats. If i am using concrete objective aiming lines to aim the only thing i'm feeling is good. Cause i'm draining center pocket shots.
Yea i don't get your world where you "think" you know what everyone is doing or feeling. Glad i am in a different world.