Goodwill Hunting Pool Cue

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm, nice, Abe.
"Details:
Butt - 16 1/8 ounces, 5/16-18 Brass Pin (pictured)
Shaft - 3 3/8 ounces, 12.6mm tip (possible original tip?)"
Hmm, 5/16x14.

My mistake, it is a 5/16-14 Pin/Thread

Full disclosure: The cues authenticity has come into question. I'm not an expert and gathered a little information from different sources. I didn't even know who Doc Frye was before purchasing this cue. I just thought the cue looked pretty cool and bid on it. Then it was pointed out to me that it looked like a Doc Frye and down the Rabbit hole I went. After finding what appeared to be a perfect match in the 3rd Edition Blue Book and right here in AZBilliards Forum I was certain I had a genuine Doc Frye. I'm told that the rings on Doc Fryes cue, that this cue resembles, are metal (this cue has plastic rings). The rings look very similar to the material that Doc Frye used. I see that the wrap has come into question as it doesn't look like the wrap on any other Doc Frye Pool Cue from that time period. I initially thought the cue was not a genuine when I received it and noticed the Butt Cap was held on with a slotted screw, fiinding out later that he did use slotted screws early on. At that time I removed the Butt Cap and didn't find a penny, finding out later, he did not install a penny in his Butt Caps until the 70s. So, I have determined that I do not have a Doc Frye and have no idea who made the cue. What I do know is that this Pool Cue is well made, shoots phenomenal and I did not pay a lot of money for it. Life is Good~!

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I do know is that this Pool Cue is well made, shoots phenomenal and I did not pay a lot of money for it. Life is Good~!

Cheers,
Tony

Perfect! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

And I am glad you posted it. :smile: