Palmer Margo #5 Value (shop cue)

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just looking for a general value.

I took in a Pate Margo #5 quite a while back as part of a lot of cues. The cue was ROUGH and the butt cap unfortunately couldn't be saved. I contacted Tate and found that the cue was actually a "shop cue" meant for retail sale. The butt cap has been replaced with a classic milk white delrin buttcap and R6 bumper, the cue refinished and a new textured black leather wrap installed.The original shaft is warped but I can make a new one fairly quickly.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pm-5?

If you're referring to the PM-5, Rosewood Merry Widow without any inlays or decoration, with solid black collars, it's value would be as a player. In other words, whatever offers you could attract.

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're referring to the PM-5, Rosewood Merry Widow without any inlays or decoration, with solid black collars, it's value would be as a player. In other words, whatever offers you could attract.

No sir. It's not a PM-5 it's a Margo Bullet #5. It just wasn't ever branded with the bullet logo. Tate told me there were "model cues" that were built to be sold in the actual Palmer retail shop and often had slight differences such as butt cap logo's etc.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for uploading pics.

I would still be of the opinion that this has more value as a player than as a collectible. $350 maybe.

Last edited:

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bumlak, offtrack a bit here ,but: somewhere, sometime in the fascinating world of the WWW you have posted you might have some old cue catalogs. maybe National? just wondering if you have any laying around?

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bumlak, offtrack a bit here ,but: somewhere, sometime in the fascinating world of the WWW you have posted you might have some old cue catalogs. maybe National? just wondering if you have any laying around?

I'll see if I can find them. They're in a box from the move to new house and shop.