Have you learned a lot from the AZB main forum about pool and people?

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
I have learned alot and met many great people on here, looking forward to meeting many more...........OTB

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was looking for a quality table repair person. Googled pool table repair and ended up on AzB. And found the right guy to do the job.
From there I found AzB forums very interesting. I started a thread and got a great response from an instructor (Scott Lee).....and eventually took his 4 hour course 2x within an 8 month period. I'm definitely improving and enjoying the learning experience.
Next I connect with Seyberts. I'm into them for 4 cues/3 shafts since last Nov....and plenty of accessories. Great place to deal with.
As far as learning about people. A lot of positive players that give great feedback....and a handful of....ah never mind.
AzB offers the best in info: Technique, equipment, instructional aids and where to play pool. Have I learned a lot...absolutely.

Last edited:

thommy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't like to answer questions but you need everyone else to.

:thumbup::thumbup:
My favorite high school teacher used to say, "your powers of deduction are exceeded only by your affection for the obvious.":grin:

Yeah, he was a smart ass like me.

Bless you mr. Minett, wherever you are:rolleyes:

blbarnett03

Registered
Just for me yez! People critic everything today! I always thought of pool as a gentlemans sport. Even you must see the ridiculous posts knocking your CLAN or whatever you call it. Call me crazy but i used pool as a out of all the bad things in the world! But for me me i learned crazies are everywhere! Even the informative posts u have made are ridiculed on here. I learned that pool is what you make of it. And ni matter where you are retards still are around!!!!

lortee

Learned a lot

Well, there certainly is lots to be gleaned from the multitude of
topics and threads... I love the road stories; the bizarre banter; even
learned a bit from the jerks!! Just finding my way around here;
a ton of useful tips and info (current and historical)! Thanks all
think I'll do more reading! :smile:

Lo

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't like to answer questions but you need everyone else to.

Blue Hog Ridr,
I answered the question they asked me. I wrote the thread also. This was the answer to their question. They were waiting on me to contribute to the thread. Now where did I go wrong? I answer questions all the time. A few people always jump all over me on here, So I do not say as much as I used to say is all I am doing. I do not like drama. Nor problems.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

TheThaiger

Banned
Blue Hog Ridr,
I answered the question they asked me. I wrote the thread also. This was the answer to their question. They were waiting on me to contribute to the thread. Now where did I go wrong? I answer questions all the time. A few people always jump all over me on here, So I do not say as much as I used to say is all I am doing. I do not like drama. Nor problems.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

:grin:

Wileydog

Banned
I’ve picked up quite a few tools for the tool box on these forums. Every few weeks, I’ll see something on here and say, “Hmmm, I’ll have to try that”. I know a lot of above average players who think they’re too good to be told how they can improve their game. Those guys probably wouldn’t benefit from this forum. Those who are willing to take instruction, have a lot to gain here.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a person that hasn't been playing that long I've learned quite a bit from the AZ threads. My hats off to the guys that have the knowledge and actually post it like Scott Lee and Randy G and many others. I try to act as a sponge and learn from everything I read; some of it works out for me and some doesn't. Actually the aiming thread has helped; don't really care what anyone thinks about that but it has helped and many other little tidbits that people post I actually try and some work and some don't. Just wish AZ had a subcategory for people that just want to ***** and moan and argue so they could all be in one place. This could be a good thread if people who actually learn something from AZ would post maybe one thing they learned. I read the other day about putting inside english on running balls down the rail. Call me naive, newby whatever you want but I tried it and worked pretty well for me. Thanks whoever posted that. There you go, 1 thing. Anyone else in?

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
things I have learned from being on AZB....hmmm, dates of local (within a couple of hours drive) tourneys that I wouldn't know of otherwise, streams that I can check out, and results of ones I might have missed. I've learned FAR more about the game and the folks who play it by playing and observing (others playing), than I have from reading here. Well, unless you count reading about a recorded match here and following the link to watch it....

So, most of my posts on this site are voicing a differing opinion (a good debate is ALWAYS fun). Pure entertainment is the best way to describe this site....some great stories, healthy debates, and of course; some absolute train wrecks. lol

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've learned a bunch from reading Ask A Cuemaker. IMO, by far the best forum on the site. The worst is, no doubt, NPR. However, the Main forum is the most fun. :grin: