Chalk Prevention?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Other than a chalking method, does anyone have a way to prevent chalk from getting getting all over the wood on a small ferrule LD shaft.

Bill Yerd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other than a chalking method, does anyone have a way to prevent chalk from getting getting all over the wood on a small ferrule LD shaft.

Sort of paint the chalk on using only a corner of the chalk.
Don't let anybody else use your cue.
Don't stick the tip in the hole in the cube of chalk.
Wipe it clean often.

ActionGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Use only new or slightly used pieces of chalk. Or only use pieces of chalk that have been worn down evenly on all sides without the "hole" in the middle.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Chalking method should be enough.

Otherwise have some finish sprayed on just the ferrule.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wind a strip of 3/4 inch wide low-tack (removable) Scotch tape cut cleanly to 3 and 1/8 inches long, twice around the ferrule and replace it every other month or so. This keeps the chalk from ever permanently staining these laminated wood ferrules (or any ferrule for that matter).

Arnaldo

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So, rather than learning how to properly chalk the cue, you are searching for a protection means to prevent your from learning how to properly chalk your tip?!?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Chalk prevention 'conversation'

I know how to properly chalk. That is why I tried to exclude that from the replies. This is my 1st. experience with the super small ferrules. Accidents do happen. In the heat of a game when my mind is 'really' focusing on the run I sometimes revert to just holding the chalk on the cue while I'm studying & when I make my decision I quickly chalk 'improperly'. After my last session it was pretty obvious that something has to be done to protect the shaft. I was just wondering if there were any really good ideas. As to the double thread, I'm relatively new to the sight & have had a few problems. When I looked for it I could not find it so I did it again. Sorry for the inconveinenece & thanks again for the suggestions.

Last edited:

thommy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you planning on willing the shaft to the Smithsonian?

If not, FUGGIDABOUDIT. chalk happens:grin:

and don't worry about the double post, it gives the nits a purpose in life . . . LOL

Last edited:

blbarnett03

Registered
I like chalk that is not as dusty as masters! I prefer anything longoni!!!!! All of their products seem to have less residues as others. Also like others have said i paint it on. :D