Whos instructional videos do you like?

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have watched quite a few on Youtube.
I like Dr Dave, Mark Wilson's new one is very good. Brian from fx billiads has some good points.
Some of the others I take with a grain of salt cause I'm not sure they really know what they're talking about.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of Grady Mathews stuff.

Robert Byrnes stuff.

Buddy Halls 2 videos, 'Clock System', and 'How do I win from here?'.

Sigels original "Perfect" series.

Jimmy Reids stuff, especially 'No Time for Negative'.

Some of Ding Dong Daddy (Bert Kinister) stuff.

There is a ton of good info out there, but you need to understand that not every piece of info is valuable to you. ;)

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom Wirth on one pocket

these are really helpful to understanding the way to plan yourshots to turn defense into offense

the guy is a genius,plus he makes in simple

if you have been playing for a few years and want to take your game to the next level buy these

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In somewhat of an order of when they were released
Grady Matthews anything
Bob Byrne all 3 videos
Bert Kinnister almost everything is gold
Joe Tucker
Tor Lowery
Dr Dave's videos are gold
Scott Frost
Tom Wirth
Billy Incardonas one pocket video gets honorable mention , only because I know he has a fountain of knowledge, and he only gave up a cup full.
A great video from Billy would be the about the gambling aspect, how to position yourself next to the money. All the great ones can do it with ease.
I'm sure I will add a couple later ,
If you could perform half the stuff in these videos, with regularity, you could be on the pro tour.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The info you mentioned from Billy incardone would really be a great read
From one of the best in the business,if not the very best

I mentioned to Billy that he fit all the characteristics of a good mark,
1 Tons of money
2More gamble than ever before
3 diminished ability
4desire for action coupled with loss of killer instinct that goes with need
5lack of patience
6 lack of stamina
7 willingness to kick off the bet in 6 figures
8 desire for action ,just to see if he still had it

He agreed ,but when he askedif I wanted to shoot at the money
I paused for a few minutes before saying no

why not ,he asked,you know i have money and gamble

But i still remember the old days,I am afraid
,what would my wife say if she heard I was gambling with Billy

we chuckled

Last edited:

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny Harriman's 350 something run 14.1 DVD. Lots of great knowledge there.

The 360 something run John Schdmit uploaded to youtube. Another bunch of fun info there.

Mike Sigel's perfect pool. The first DVD is up on youtube. lots of great info geared to the complete beginner. This is the best dvd on fundamentals ive seen.

Jerry Briesath : A Pool Lesson. Tons and tons of great info. There are some clips on youtube but I suggest getting the entire thing. really well put together.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
A lot of good names on this list.

I also enjoyed heath Manning's videos well done and explained things well. I found them on his retail site, Manning cues.

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
...Mark Wilson's new one is very good

Not being a jerk, but I didn't know Mark had a video other than the one he did with Jerry. Are you talking about that one or did he make another one? If so, I'd definitely like to get it. Thanks.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Not being a jerk, but I didn't know Mark had a video other than the one he did with Jerry. Are you talking about that one or did he make another one? If so, I'd definitely like to get it. Thanks.

I think they mean the clinic they filmed at the Derby. It's on Accustats youtube channel. I was there in person. It's pretty good.

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A pool lesson with Jerry Briesath and Byrne’s Standard Video are the best for learning the fundamentals, imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they mean the clinic they filmed at the Derby. It's on Accustats youtube channel. I was there in person. It's pretty good.
Yes I meant Mark Wilson's clinic. I also like Tor Lowry. No one has mentioned any of the people I don't pay attention to so I guess that's good.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I enjoyed one our Fast Lenny made. "Rocket's Science" with Rodney Morris...some good tips can be gleaned from it.

3 hours of content...

localredhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've stumbled on a few youtube video's by some channel named "lil chris".

I thought his video on banking was really good.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Dr. Dave's VEPS and VEPP series have a ton of great info in them.
Tor Lowry's videos are also excellent.

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member

Cool - thank you. I wasn't able to stream the Derby and wasn't aware Mark did a clinic. I'll check it out - thanks again!

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of Grady Mathews stuff.

Robert Byrnes stuff.

Buddy Halls 2 videos, 'Clock System', and 'How do I win from here?'.

Sigels original "Perfect" series.

Jimmy Reids stuff, especially 'No Time for Negative'.

Some of Ding Dong Daddy (Bert Kinister) stuff.

There is a ton of good info out there, but you need to understand that not every piece of info is valuable to you. ;)
River has a nice list, it’s what I grew up on, VHS

Burt’s 60 min work out is a classic

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of good videos out there, but if I had to pick out the best, it would hands down be Tor Lowry. He has some great free YouTube videos. Just got two of his latest DVD’s - thought maybe a lot of stuff might be repeated from his past videos - wrong! They contain an unbelievable amount of new and different valuable instruction accompanied with fantastic graphics. He will take your game planning and position planning skills to a new level. IMO - if you’re looking to reach a new level - his DVD’s are must have.