Fight Night 21 December 6th Danny Smith vs Justin Hall

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way you phrased your original post, you made it sound like you weren't aware that the match was over considering you said you hope day 2 shows their real talents, although in reality day 2 was yesterday......... Dude
EXACTLY. That was why i said what i said. I guess the wacky in Colo. is REALLLLLLLY good.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
EXACTLY. That was why i said what i said. I guess the wacky in Colo. is REALLLLLLLY good.

I don't know who you are but the "dude" in Colorado is a damn good player who is straight as they come. He asked a legitimate question and got a sarcastic reply.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin playing super strong taking care of Danny in short order.

Wheres Frost at??

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know who you are but the "dude" in Colorado is a damn good player who is straight as they come. He asked a legitimate question and got a sarcastic reply.
Jay, TODAY at 9am he said he hoped day 2 shows more of what they're capable of. All i said was that "its over", which it is. HOW, is that being sarcastic? Because i used the word "dude"?

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay, TODAY at 9am he said he hoped day 2 shows more of what they're capable of. All i said was that "its over", which it is. HOW, is that being sarcastic? BTW, MYOFB.

I guess you missed the part where he asked about Danny playing for 40 hours prior to this match. BTW, Bill is a good friend of mine and I'm loyal to my friends. You could have given him a more civil answer. As for MYOFB, you responded to him and I responded to you. This is a public forum by the way and I didn't knock your action or anyone else's by posting here. I know where to draw the line.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess you missed the part where he asked about Danny playing for 40 hours prior to this match. BTW, Bill is a good friend of mine and I'm loyal to my friends. You could have given him a more civil answer. As for MYOFB, you responded to him and I responded to you. This is a public forum by the way and I didn't knock your action or anyone else's by posting here. I know where to draw the line.

" that's WHAT I WAS WONDERING TOO ....
I watched most of both nights.
Someone said Danny played a 40 hour session just prior to the fight night match,
"Perhaps,
these 2 can do the same match again,
see what happens,
As Danny has won 5 of them"
Not knocking J H,
I thought He played really great 1 pocket

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex is no good, but if Scott will play in Cape Coral I'll take Jhall getting 7/5 against the world's best!

Is frost even on the radar anymore? I never hear dodo doo brown about him.

Alex is too tight for the shredder to overcome. I havent see hall play 1p, but i wanna buy this heer match.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

I found this ''comment'' below on one pocket.org....is this true???

''Danny had played 40 hours just before starting, and it showed. I hope day 2 shows more of what both of these guys are capable of''.

..................Sounds like someone didn't read my post in the way it was presented. Easy to make a mistake of this kind when on a keyboard we've all done it one time or another. Go to the one pocket .org website, us guys often give our response, only too find out later we were shooting at the wrong pocket:p. From my experience, if I was to bet on a match, and I knew one player had played forty some hours before the match, that would be a Huge concern of mine, and more importantly if I was the person putting up the dough I'd be very upset.

So again, is it true? about him playing that much BEFORE their match even began???? that's all. I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO WOULD SUPPORT THAT ABOVE UNDERLINED ACCUSATION....that's all. A merry Xmas to all.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Is frost even on the radar anymore? I never hear dodo doo brown about him.

Alex is too tight for the shredder to overcome. I havent see hall play 1p, but i wanna buy this heer match.

I don't think Frost will travel to Florida to play Justin. We asked before and it would probably not be "cost efficient" is what I'd say......

The last person I remember recently beating Justin Hall (in a one pocket big money match) overall is Dennis Orcollo in Texas, maybe in the last 6-8 months. I remember Justin won the first set and then the second set the power went out in the building very late at night/morning and he lost the next day when they continued which was more money. I can't remember if they played another set. It was on Erica's stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I've never seen a player handle pressure like Justin Hall, maybe someday he will get the credit he deserves for being the players he is. Until then I think the fight night is going to have a defending champ for a while!
Good Shooting Justin!!!

He did handle the pressure better!!!

Danny can't shoot as well as Justin! Just does not pot balls as well and execute safeties like Justin.

But, Danny has far superior knowledge of the game and superior creativity. But, that means nothing when you fail to execute moves and sell out shots because you did not execute getting the balls where you were trying and had planned!!!

Kd

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did handle the pressure better!!!

Danny can't shoot as well as Justin! Just does not pot balls as well and execute safeties like Justin.

But, Danny has far superior knowledge of the game and superior creativity. But, that means nothing when you fail to execute moves and sell out shots because you did not execute getting the balls where you were trying and had planned!!!

Kd

Far superior knowledge of the game? If that was true Danny wouldn't of been shooting at Haymakers all night. He got beat to the Shot most games and I would say 60℅ of the games Danny was down big in ball count. Your not getting out moved if that's what's happening.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Far superior knowledge of the game? If that was true Danny wouldn't of been shooting at Haymakers all night. He got beat to the Shot most games and I would say 60℅ of the games Danny was down big in ball count. Your not getting out moved if that's what's happening.
Haymakers is exactly what I am talking about! Only thing is that he was safe after each of these haymakers!

I did not see any creative play by Justin. He shot out and won!

It is not a criticism but an observation!

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Justin Hall

JUstin beat a great player in Danny Smith, I attended in person. Also a big thanks To Jimmy Leone who owns Buffalo Billiards in Metairie, La and Big Truck for putting on the stream with two great commentators, Scott Rabon and Jeremy Jones who both are champion players besides being the voices of one pocket.

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
I found this ''comment'' below on one pocket.org....is this true???

''Danny had played 40 hours just before starting, and it showed. I hope day 2 shows more of what both of these guys are capable of''.

..................Sounds like someone didn't read my post in the way it was presented. Easy to make a mistake of this kind when on a keyboard we've all done it one time or another. Go to the one pocket .org website, us guys often give our response, only too find out later we were shooting at the wrong pocket:p. From my experience, if I was to bet on a match, and I knew one player had played forty some hours before the match, that would be a Huge concern of mine, and more importantly if I was the person putting up the dough I'd be very upset.

So again, is it true? about him playing that much BEFORE their match even began???? that's all. I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO WOULD SUPPORT THAT ABOVE UNDERLINED ACCUSATION....that's all. A merry Xmas to all.

Exactly. He basically calls you out for being an ignorant dumbass, when all along the ignorant dumbass is him. Learn to read Garzcar and billiardthought! It's not rocket science!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone wants to boast they knew Justin would win. :rolleyes:

I was wrong, I really thought Danny would beat him. I have only seen Justin play one pocket on Youtube, and frankly I wasnt impressed.

I was wrong, congrats to Justin Hall.

Best of rolls to all,

Ken

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

One's things a given in pool at a high end of play, and probably at all levels of play. Shot choices are waaaaaaaaaay different when fatigue comes into play. I wouldn't be surprised if they had another go, if that was the case. But on the other side, why would you of done that too yourself in the first place???? Match preparation/sleep/diet is a huge factor in high end play. Kim Davenport taught me that years ago.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BIGTTT 1.jpg.........................

Last edited:

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Everyone wants to boast they knew Justin would win. :rolleyes:

I was wrong, I really thought Danny would beat him. I have only seen Justin play one pocket on Youtube, and frankly I wasnt impressed.

I was wrong, congrats to Justin Hall.

Best of rolls to all,

Ken

I won $450, lol. Everyone here knowing Justin thought it was crazy it was 6/5 favoring Danny wanted as much action as they could get. My guys that are in the know more than myself do not think Danny has beat Justin in years if that so they would've bet the house if they had takers but no one here would bet even against Justin. I bet with guys I know around the country privately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One's things a given in pool at a high end of play, and probably at all levels of play. Shot choices are waaaaaaaaaay different when fatigue comes into play. I wouldn't be surprised if they had another go, if that was the case. But on the other side, why would you of done that too yourself in the first place???? Match preparation/sleep/diet is a huge factor in high end play. Kim Davenport taught me that years ago.

Well I'll guarantee Danny is in better shape then Jhall. Day 1 he could of been tired but Day 2 he was even in the first hour and didn't get the Job done. Jhall did what other opponent's failed to do. He punished Danny for his mistakes. This wasn't some short race he shit out and won, he beat the kid 10 ahead. Not many excuses hold up in this set.