Ask the instructor lock??

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently sold my table and I'm waiting for my new one to arrive and in the meantime I've been spending about 3-4hrs a night reading on AZ. After reading ALOT of replies in this particular section it seems some if not a lot of responses are from non qualified people. It's like asking for advise at a bar! Some might be the best ever while others have no idea! My question is could this be a read only (locked out) section and only professional instructors picked by the mods be the only ones to reply? I'm I asking too much? Lol

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently sold my table and I'm waiting for my new one to arrive and in the meantime I've been spending about 3-4hrs a night reading on AZ. After reading ALOT of replies in this particular section it seems some if not a lot of responses are from non qualified people. It's like asking for advise at a bar! Some might be the best ever while others have no idea! My question is could this be a read only (locked out) section and only professional instructors picked by the mods be the only ones to reply? I'm I asking too much? Lol

Problem with that, is how does anyone else then ask a question?

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I imagine creation of threads could be open to anyone, but replies would be limited to Instructors only.

But then if anyone needed a clarification on a topic, they would have to start a whole new thread on the same subject.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what if AZ forum approved instructor responses looked different somehow? Avatar color border or something? Then all other advise be at your own risk? As a outsider looking in, it takes a while to realize who is really who on here and I think it would be more productive to speed this process up somehow. Maybe a Fargo like rating on advice lol

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what if AZ forum approved instructor responses looked different somehow? Avatar color border or something? Then all other advise be at your own risk? As a outsider looking in, it takes a while to realize who is really who on here and I think it would be more productive to speed this process up somehow. Maybe a Fargo like rating on advice lol

They could easily add something to our avatars. They did it for the pro players.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member

I am pretty sure, that many agree with you somehow- but it is in my opinion really hard to act here "fair".

Of course you could show up with "this and that" in your signature about your "quality". Things like the "instructor organisation" you have been proofed by.
Already here the problem would begin- just talking about many associations in different countries- Also in europe...so many countries we have. And you ll have again several organisations, associations in the different countries as well. So you would certify in the country you re living in- but then, you want to teach in another country. Of course the club, or the association would love to get money back they paid for...from THEIR organisation, from the innerstate departement or whatever...but then they just would accept "this or that" certificate.
So what is now right or wrong? Who could judge about YOUR ability to teach, to instruct?

Don t get me wrong. also I have my serious opinion about some *instructor certifying programs" ..which are for me personally just one: BS

I would say, that i ve learnt about 50% from *observing and watching"- then you start to talk to knowledged people. To champions. To instructors also.
YOU yourself then start to rate these things like: "that s sth worth for me"..."and this will not bring me further"....

There are instructor programs who will teach you nothing but a "simple blueprint"....without really giving you something needful to your benefit. Nothing really what you could use as a craftmanship- got me?

Would say, that i have "some knowledge"- and i love to learn new stuff- and i also love to get a bit further outside the box. For example the direction aiming systems-- as soon as you "out yourself" that you use this or that.....which would be far away from the typical ghostball and contact to contact systems-- then you have your first "trashtalk war"- :)

Here on this board you have many very knowledged people. But you ll also see, if you are also here for a few years- that many many ppl have gone. or maybe just reading nowadays. Because they re just worn out. Not willing to discuss "with some kind of sofa king kong s", who are shooting every ball form the sofa- or being able to get every available knowledge.....from wikipedia, google, search forum function-- or just trying to show, how superb their rethorical ablities are to show up with destructive actions.

We have so many people here who have so much knowledge but at the same time not being able anymore to discuss in a civil manner- - because really destructive and painful things happened here in the past years.

Spending time at the table, and spending time with learning would be a better choice.

Far too many naysayers and haters are here at the moment.

There is never one right way- never! To play pool, each individual human has to walk through his own journey- and so an instructor has to do it. And you need heart and passion.....and ****ing good nerves sometimes :)

best from overseas,
have a smooth stroke.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely correct Ingo! There's many ways to do something. One thing we both share is that SPF is a GREAT way to insert KISS into your game! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

There is never one right way- never! To play pool, each individual human has to walk through his own journey- and so an instructor has to do it. And you need heart and passion.....and ****ing good nerves sometimes :)

best from overseas,
have a smooth stroke.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
None of the SPF instructors ever seem to answer a question. It gets old to me. Their standard response is "go get a lesson from an SPF instructor". Turns me off to the whole thing.

Reactions: mvp

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
None of the SPF instructors ever seem to answer a question. It gets old to me. Their standard response is "go get a lesson from an SPF instructor". Turns me off to the whole thing.

Hi,

i think that i can assure you, that i NEVEREVER used this sentence- in no situation.

I really thought, that i have given a response with sense to the topic owner- or haven t I ?
Maybe I totally misunderstood his question? his Intention?

Not really sure, why your response came up in such a negative manner- really not.