Cue makers whose brand value has decreased the most..

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a cue off Eddie W. back in 07 and still play with it today eventhough I have a pred. shaft since the original shaft warped within months lol

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think DP cues on Ebay might be the cheapest cue with inlays on the market, at least that I have seen, cheaper than players, elite, Filipino cues, dunno how he even makes money on them.
I wonder that myself. Best playing cues for the money, period.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder that myself. Best playing cues for the money, period.

99 bucks, doesn't even make sense to me. I actually figured they must hit terrible for the price.

s-l1600.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
99 bucks, doesn't even make sense to me. I actually figured they must hit terrible for the price.

s-l1600.jpg
I agree. Its insane how good they play at the price. At my home spot there's probably 5-6 DP users. None paid more than about 150bux. I had one but sold it 'cause the butt was too big for me but it hit great.

mkmartin74

Registered
I've been picking up a few DP cues on ebay and flipping them at the bar. Since this thread has started his cues have jumped up in price on ebay by 50%.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been picking up a few DP cues on ebay and flipping them at the bar. Since this thread has started his cues have jumped up in price on ebay by 50%.
"This" meaning the DP threads have been on here for a long time. You think Dale is sweatin' AZ and bumpin' his prices? Possible but i doubt it.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have 50 Dale Perry cues I bought from 2006-2008 and never used them.

It was when they had the certificate describing what wood the cue was made of.

Not the generic certificates you get today.

I check them out once a year or two and the finish is still good and they still roll good.

They are some of my favorite cues and I'm a Meucci lover.

Maybe I just love my cheap cues.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have 50 Dale Perry cues I bought from 2006-2008 and never used them.

It was when they had the certificate describing what wood the cue was made of.

Not the generic certificates you get today.

I check them out once a year or two and the finish is still good and they still roll good.

They are some of my favorite cues and I'm a Meucci lover.

Maybe I just love my cheap cues.

Big difference in "cheap" and inexpensive. DP cues consistently play as good as any out there. I know he pissed people off when he changed his business model but apparently it works for him. He makes some profit per cue and does it by volume. His cnc set-up must be impressive.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big difference in "cheap" and inexpensive. DP cues consistently play as good as any out there. I know he pissed people off when he changed his business model but apparently it works for him. He makes some profit per cue and does it by volume. His cnc set-up must be impressive.

Yes, it must really be a top-notch setup.
So what is a wheat-buck, I know something funny about Eddie Wheat, but if someone could fill me in on the backstory.

mkmartin74

Registered
"This" meaning the DP threads have been on here for a long time. You think Dale is sweatin' AZ and bumpin' his prices? Possible but i doubt it.

Think this thread has only been going for a day or two. Don't think Dale is doing anything like that, doubt it would be worth his time for and extra $25-$50. More on the line of people have see this and realized they can get a respectable inexpensive cue for a hell of a price.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think Frey cues will ever be on the same level as Scruggs or Southwest.

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for the tidbit.

Dont believe Frey or Scruggs went up in value, especially of you take into account what today's dollar is worth compared to then.

I had 1 Scruggs about 25 years ago - it played great! Had it leaned against the table and it fell over on carpet and the forearm broke. Wanted to cry lol.

Have never seen a cue break like that hitting concrete let alone carpet. Shafts yes, Butts no.
Dang, I bet you did want to cry, I have only ever dropped one cue, that was about 20 years ago, it was a viking, had leaning against the wall, waiting for my turn to shoot, went to pick it up, and it slipped right out of my fingers, hit the concrete floor, tip came off and shaft got some dents, but no explosion.

I've seen it happen to a Gina and a McDaniel. Exact same circumstance, fell flat on carpeted floor in pool room.
Damn, so any thought on why? all the intricate pieces weaken the butt?

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for the tidbit.

Dang, I bet you did want to cry, I have only ever dropped one cue, that was about 20 years ago, it was a viking, had leaning against the wall, waiting for my turn to shoot, went to pick it up, and it slipped right out of my fingers, hit the concrete floor, tip came off and shaft got some dents, but no explosion.

Damn, so any thought on why? all the intricate pieces weaken the butt?

Both were Birdseye fronts.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Garczar, if you want to see an impressive DP cue ask Cecil J to show you his 'sisters' cue. Just dont mention the drop in value. Dont think he knows. I never said anything

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garczar, if you want to see an impressive DP cue ask Cecil J to show you his 'sisters' cue. Just dont mention the drop in value. Dont think he knows. I never said anything
This BP?? What's up man. I've seen both of his early DP's. Pretty sure he knows(and hates) the drop in value. He's gone all hi-tech and playin with a carbon-fiber cue now.