Jump Shots

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do or is it likely that properly executed Jump Shots Damage your slate? I know it can put spin spots on your cloth the same as a masse might as well.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a jump cue, but I never take it out to use it. I think in all fairness, it does damage the cloth. The new cloth on our best table lasted a week and a cue stick cowboy tore a hole it in. Most of those that own one don't know how to properly use it. Good equipment doesn't deserve anyone practicing their jump shots and masse skills.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When practicing jump or masse shots I always use a break cloth so as to not mark my cloth. In the pool room if a tournament allows jumping it is with the owner's permission so there's no harm no foul. Mitch

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a jump cue, but I never take it out to use it. I think in all fairness, it does damage the cloth. The new cloth on our best table lasted a week and a cue stick cowboy tore a hole it in. Most of those that own one don't know how to properly use it. Good equipment doesn't deserve anyone practicing their jump shots and masse skills.
It was old cloth but a botched jump shot tore the cloth on my old bar box.

Rather see a jump cue come out than someone try a scoop jump though

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The answer is no.

Do or is it likely that properly executed Jump Shots Damage your slate? I know it can put spin spots on your cloth the same as a masse might as well.

I have installed and uninstalled 10-15 tables and while I am not a expert, I have never seen slate that was damaged by a pool ball or a stick under normal use.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
The slate won't get damaged but the cloth will. The ball will tear the thread thru the compression force. It is like using a blunt chisel.

If you do use a cloth underneath the CB the cloth will still get marks and torn threads where the ball hits the table on the landing. Think of throwing balls on your table three to 4 feet away.

I don't allow or do jumping on my table. I just practice kicks.

🎱