Home table sales....?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on what's going on i think home table sales could see a big uptick before too long. Anyone see it like this?

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on what's going on i think home table sales could see a big uptick before too long. Anyone see it like this?

No. The need for social distancing should prevent any activity involving the purchase, moving, and installation of a table.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

At least people will stop believing that they can go anywhere at any time and do anything they want.

We may see an uptick--but I see more people with less money in the near future. That does not bode well for pool table sales.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. The need for social distancing should prevent any activity involving the purchase, moving, and installation of a table.
I don't mean right away. As we get a hold of this thing things will get back to normalcy. It would seem that a lot of people may want a table at home.

People do not mind standing within inches of each other while in line at the grocery store, from what I see locally, and people are still posting items for sale on sites like Craigslist, including pool tables. Here is one such ad, that is only 1 day old.

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/spo/d/kenner-gandy-8ft-pool-table-delivered/7099490333.html

Last edited:

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your right

[RIGHT[/RIGHT]
I don't mean right away. As we get a hold of this thing things will get back to normalcy. It would seem that a lot of people may want a table at home.

I've been speaking with a friend of mine who owns a very large billiard supply company in the south and they expect a large increase in the demand for home tables and have made plans to hire more staff in preparation.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree, just bought one. I don't have any predictions for the future. In the short term, sales should be up. Summer coming may curtail it a bit, but lots of people can't golf yet. Both of my weekly tournaments canceled, no local action, both leagues canceled, no playoffs, no end of season tournament. I've been working on my game, and seeing some good results. Not shooting was really bugging me, so I bought one yesterday.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wishful thinking.

After the virus stuff is over, people are going to be strapped for cash big time. Luxury item sales will be down for quite some time.

If you are looking for something to invest in though, the larger distilleries and breweries are a decent option, because when times are tough, liquor sales go nuts. ;)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wishful thinking.

After the virus stuff is over, people are going to be strapped for cash big time. Luxury item sales will be down for quite some time.

If you are looking for something to invest in though, the larger distilleries and breweries are a decent option, because when times are tough, liquor sales go nuts. ;)
I still think home table sales will jump. There will be rooms that may never re-open and people will still want to play.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were playing any kind of serious pool,I would buy a hometable.

I have always had one and I used it frequently

My children also played` and they have tables as well.

Now that I am not playing competitive one pocket I am losing interest
but I still hit balls around ever time I get around the table.

i would recommend a nice table to anyone with the room and love for the game
Having said that,I am not competing and my playing is not so much fun so I am thinking about selling my 9 footer

If I continue playing I am thinking about an oversized 8 footer. I play at least the 6 ball better on the small table and it offers me a real chance to run 100 balls

If I get an oversized 8 ,I want a Centennial or a Gold Crown 1

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

i havent read the replies but to me
no work =no money = need money for essentials not pool tables
jmho

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
My father in law just agreed to buy one today. They’re going to set it up in his garage. When they’re done he’ll go in and sanitize it.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an 8’ Kasson table that has served me well. If my halls don’t survive, I’m either going to upgrade to a diamond or at least see if I can improve my table’s rails.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That makes it about 6 thumbs up and six thumbs down, plus two that have already purchased. Two others looking to buy. No reason you can't get creative, make an acquisition, and maintain low risk physical distancing.