Tales from Bordeaux

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just told that Dani Sanchez is in the finals with a win 40-39 over Leppens in 24 inns.

This was an unbelievable match that almost made me cry for Eddy. He had the white ball And at 39-30 had an extremely close miss, like maybe 1 mm, that would have forced Dani to make 10 in the equalizer. Then he had another chance at 39-32 and missed. And then Dani ran 8 and out. Third place and high run of the event is nice, but he was soooo close.

As reported Dani won the final over Kin in another great match with Kim needing 6 to equaliz after coming back com a bigger deficit, but just fell. For a kid of 24 coming off some kind of stroke within the last year or two it was an amazing performance. He is going to be one the top top players within the next few years.

And Dani? He's just Dani, and that says it all. A very worthy World Champion, for the 4th time.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This was an unbelievable match that almost made me cry for Eddy. He had the white ball And at 39-30 had an extremely close miss, like maybe 1 mm, that would have forced Dani to make 10 in the equalizer. Then he had another chance at 39-32 and missed. And then Dani ran 8 and out. Third place and high run of the event is nice, but he was soooo close.

As reported Dani won the final over Kin in another great match with Kim needing 6 to equaliz after coming back com a bigger deficit, but just fell. For a kid of 24 coming off some kind of stroke within the last year or two it was an amazing performance. He is going to be one the top top players within the next few years.

And Dani? He's just Dani, and that says it all. A very worthy World Champion, for the 4th time.

Thanks for the reports. Billiards is an emotional sport. Safe travels.