How I am coping with virus....

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Indiana hasn't been locked down, but my wife and I have spent several days inside. The only thing I have to do is play pool and some pinball....darn it. :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 802
Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We decided to do our social distancing 50 miles offshore in a 120’ of water today. While we adhered to the strict 6 foot rule the fish box loaded with snapper and grouper did not. They were stacked up on top of each other. If this was the last trip for awhile we damn sure made the best of it. I haven’t picked up a cue in weeks but I guess it’s time to pull the cover off the table.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We decided to do our social distancing 50 miles offshore in a 120’ of water today. While we adhered to the strict 6 foot rule the fish box loaded with snapper and grouper did not. They were stacked up on top of each other. If this was the last trip for awhile I we damn sure made the best of it. I haven’t picked up a cue in weeks but I guess it’s time to pull the cover off the table.

Near what city? Damn I love snapper and grouper sandwiches...…

Ken

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken, these are desperate times. You are going to have to lock yourself in there with a week's supply of whatever your vices are and enough food to survive on. I know it will be tough but you will be saving America.

Soldier on buddy, soldier on.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What machine do you have?

Pinball ...how good are you? Early 60's..My favorite was a machine by Gottlieb called Liberty Bell. Show me the "special red light". Loved the Double Hit for 10 games.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Our community pool room is closed 14 days as of now, due to reopen end of March. So I am doing projects around the house, reading, listing to talk radio, watching Mark Otto DVD (TeachMePool), and turning a few Cigars into ash.

Today project was a walk to hardware store, bought small wire brush, and cheap paint brush. Project was Gas Barbeque cleaning & rejuvenation. As I had already scoped out the problems, I thought I could save the $100.00 for profession guy who comes to your house to do his rejuvenation thing.

After a couple of hours of scraping, brushing, good old removal of all baked on gunk, last step was blowing out ever last little bid of debries with my leaf blower. Reassembly, last step was a little soap & water & elbow grease on outside, to make look almost new.

So everything was put back in clean storeage/tank area. I opened the propane valve, fired it up, and the Webber came back to life almost like new.

Me happy, but I am looking forward to playing One Pocket Again with my buddy soon.

Well Indiana hasn't been locked down, but my wife and I have spent several days inside. The only thing I have to do is play pool and some pinball....darn it. :thumbup:

I would not mind being locked up in your game room for a couple weeks, or a couple of months. That table looks awesome. Very nice.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm going a little stir crazy out here in L.A. It's been raining off and on for the last two weeks and will continue this coming week. We always need rain out here, so it's not a bad thing. They've got people cooperating on the shelter in place thing and the city is the most quiet I've seen since the Olympics in 1984 when many people rented out their homes and left town.

We had some sun yesterday and I got my wife and dog and headed to our favorite little park/haven that only the locals know about. It was a relief to go somewhere, anywhere. I noticed a large police presence on the streets, also a good thing I guess.

The last week has been spent mostly watching TV and browsing the internet. I just sold my '69 International Scout on eBay and that's a good thing. Too many cars! I like to watch crime solving shows like Dateline and Forensic Files. It never fails to amaze me how they crack the case. So many are brutal murders, usually over money and divorce. UGH!

I also like to watch American Greed, all about the world's biggest scammers. The fact that they are able to con so many people never fails to amaze me as well. Then there's Shark Tank. What a cool show that is. The sharks are triple smart too.

It's hard for me to sit around the house all day. I'm used to going here and there and working on my little projects. I called my 98 year old Aunt yesterday and she lives in Westchester County, New York, a place very hard hit by the virus. I asked her if she had ever seen anything like this before and she immediately answered YES. She then told me stories about the Great Depression that lasted from 1929 to 1939. After listening to how bad that was all I can say is I'm hopeful things don't get that bad again.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Near what city? Damn I love snapper and grouper sandwiches...…

Ken

Clearwater, Florida. There's so many closed seasons right now you have to work really hard to target ones that are open. On some spots it's almost impossible to get baits past the red snapper, huge amberjack and gag grouper (all closed) to catch the red grouper and mango snapper. But fortunately we have a little known wreck in 120' that is covered up with mango snapper and we were able to get our four person limit of 40. Got a half dozen Lane snappers and a nice fire truck red grouper for our efforts. Even got a rock hind grouper which I'm told is great eating. I caught it so I got to keep it so we shall see. Plenty of ocean meat for the neighborhood. I must have caught 20 red snappers and two dozen jacks so I can barely lift my arms this morning. All on light tackle.

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am finally going to do what Tor has recommended and that is shoot 2,000 to 3,000 shots, using his stance and stroking method, Doesn't have to be all at once, but don't play in league/matches/etc, until you are complete

Previously I had matches and league, where I didn't have the time, but now I do. At least two weeks before leagues start here in Hawaii again. Very fortunate to have a table in my garage.

Stay safe everyone!

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel really lucky to have my table. I've modified my practice a little and I think it's making me slow down and improve my stroke. I'm playing the ghost and making sure not to get within 6 feet of her, (my ghost is a woman). I chalk my break cue, break the rack and take ball in hand. Here's where I've changed it up a bit. I'm not using chalk on my playing cue. It's making me slow way down and be very careful how I'm stroking my shots. I haven't been able to run a rack yet, but I'm getting close! Playing a lot of center ball shots, and and very little spin. Follow shots are pretty easy, and no long draw shots. Interesting twist.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
you list out 40K worth of cues in your signature and you take a pic using a wall sneaky? THE FUCH BRAH. lol. lucky you. im so boooooorrrreeeeed. my dich is sooooorrrreeeee.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

I miss my Pool Sharks pinball machine with Fonz on the screen. It was just a little too tight a fit in my poolroom to play comfortably and I sold it. Shame on me!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you list out 40K worth of cues in your signature and you take a pic using a wall sneaky? THE FUCH BRAH. lol. lucky you. im so boooooorrrreeeeed. my dich is sooooorrrreeeee.

Actually it is my Rick Howard sneaky...it plays incredible....

Probably more than 40 BTW ;)

Ken

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude at least you got a pool table! You're lucky, I wish I had one so that I can play, now I just watch some matches on youtube and when I ley at bed I keep thinking of how I am pocketing some balls :D

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dude at least you got a pool table! You're lucky, I wish I had one so that I can play, now I just watch some matches on youtube and when I ley at bed I keep thinking of how I am pocketing some balls :D

You'd be surprised how much you actually can learn thinking about pool when you are going to sleep. Buddy once told me he had his biggest revelation that way, tried it out in the morning and his game immediately improved a speed.

I was always thinking about different ways to stand or stroke and how to hit certain shots. Then I would experiment with them the next day. I had a few breakthroughs like that.