Still angry robert Harris cues

Sayunflo2009

Registered
Well it took me a while to get over this but I thought people in the pool world need to know about this guy. I have never posted anything like this but I felt it was important. I have been collecting cue for over 20 years and people who know me know what kind of person I am. While I was in the military I met robert Harris who I decided to help sell some cues. I sold cue for him at no charge and he never once even gave me a bit here or there for the help. I never complained. Well I was about to leave overseas and he wanted me to take a cue for him. I didn’t want to but I was like why not. The funny thing is he asked for a deposit of $750 dollars. At this time I thought I trusted him so I gave him the money. As I later inspected the cue more and more each day I saw too many flaws. I sent back the cue to him and told him why. I did hear from for a while as I emailed, called and texted. I finally got a hold of him and he stated the cue was beyond repair and that he had to demolish the cue. I also told me I was out of luck on the money. I was pissed. I was even more pissed when I could the cue on his Facebook in March for sale than sold. Funny how this cue was sold if it was destroyed. Be careful guys never trust this guy he is bad for the pool world. And if guys want to know who I am I go by Ranger Steve.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Well it took me a while to get over this but I thought people in the pool world need to know about this guy. I have never posted anything like this but I felt it was important. I have been collecting cue for over 20 years and people who know me know what kind of person I am. While I was in the military I met robert Harris who I decided to help sell some cues. I sold cue for him at no charge and he never once even gave me a bit here or there for the help. I never complained. Well I was about to leave overseas and he wanted me to take a cue for him. I didn’t want to but I was like why not. The funny thing is he asked for a deposit of $750 dollars. At this time I thought I trusted him so I gave him the money. As I later inspected the cue more and more each day I saw too many flaws. I sent back the cue to him and told him why. I did hear from for a while as I emailed, called and texted. I finally got a hold of him and he stated the cue was beyond repair and that he had to demolish the cue. I also told me I was out of luck on the money. I was pissed. I was even more pissed when I could the cue on his Facebook in March for sale than sold. Funny how this cue was sold if it was destroyed. Be careful guys never trust this guy he is bad for the pool world. And if guys want to know who I am I go by Ranger Steve.

Don't worry, his shop was destroyed by the hurricane and he's just scrapping around working in kitchens now. No more cues from him. He's just selling whatever tooling he could salvage.

Wow, that sounds so horrible.

So, you sold cues for him, and he gave you no commission?

Then he asks you to take one of his cues with you overseas, to again sell for him for zero commission I assume, and he asked you for a $750 deposit?

I wonder, why did you give him any deposit money, knowing that even if you sold the cue for him, he would expect the full amount of the money, minus the $750 you gave him.

Then, you find flaws in the cue, and send it back to him in the same condition it was in when he gave it to you, and he does not return you $750 back to you.

Then he lies to you about the cue being destroyed, and blames you on it, so that he can make an excuse to not pay you back any of your money.

Sounds like a real scumbag.

I would never get over being treated like that either.

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think the cue was worth, and how much do you think the repairs would have cost?

Sorry to hear that you were used so much, and then on top of that, ripped off.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
sometimes in this world you have to be able to see red flags. and if you fall for them then you get taken. this is a prime example of that.
the op sounds like a great guy but remember the old pt. barnum saying.

on this forum there is almost always an " ive been screwed" by such and such post. and all of them involve giving money in advance to someone based on a promise, where you can find the same or better result elsewhere.

dont give any money in advance to any one but a closest friend.

pay only by credit card for something that will be sent to you immediately, so you can cancel if the product isnt right.

is that so hard? paying someone in advance for what he hasnt even made is stupid.
paying someone in advance with no way to cancel is even stupider as they say.

Intrergrity is an ageless thing, good men come in all ages.

Yeah, and I believe that most people are good, and honest.

Just comes down to how they were raised by their parents, and what type of beliefs they learned from whoever they hung out with, as a young person.

I guess anyone can change, for the better or worse though.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Yeah, and I believe that most people are good, and honest.

Just comes down to how they were raised by their parents, and what type of beliefs they learned from whoever they hung out with, as a young person.

I guess anyone can change, for the better or worse though.

Most people are good people in the world, if this was not the case the USA would have to build more prisions.

we as consumer tend to only talk about Negative experiences, maybe the time has comer to tell people about POSITIVE EXPERENCES also.

sometimes in this world you have to be able to see red flags. and if you fall for them then you get taken. this is a prime example of that.
the op sounds like a great guy but remember the old pt. barnum saying.

on this forum there is almost always an " ive been screwed" by such and such post. and all of them involve giving money in advance to someone based on a promise, where you can find the same or better result elsewhere.

dont give any money in advance to any one but a closest friend.

pay only by credit card for something that will be sent to you immediately, so you can cancel if the product isnt right.

is that so hard? paying someone in advance for what he hasnt even made is stupid.
paying someone in advance with no way to cancel is even stupider as they say.

Well, in the OP's case, he actually got to see the cue in person and hold it, before giving the $750 deposit, before he took it with him overseas.

I wonder why the OP did not see the flaws in the cue at the time that he looked at it. This would have been before he handed over the $750 deposit I assume.

I do not know, but it sounds like he was local, in the same area that the cue maker lived, and was selling cues for him.

Anyways, the mistake that the OP made was sending the cue back to the cue maker, and trusting the cue maker to refund the $750 deposit.

He should have just held onto the cue, and waited until he got back from overseas, and got the refund in person, before handing the cue back.

People are just too trusting.

Most people are good people in the world, if this was not the case the USA would have to build more prisions.

we as consumer tend to only talk about Negative experiences, maybe the time has comer to tell people about POSITIVE EXPERENCES also.

Yeah, with online mail ordering, trust is really needed.

It would be so easy for the buyer to receive a cue in the mail, and lie to their credit card company, or to ebay, or paypal, and tell them that there was nothing but a bunch of rocks in the tube / package.

I have sold a lot of items online over the years, and not one buyer has ever been dishonest about what they received. Have I just been lucky, or do we live in a world that is mostly filled with decent and honest people?

I believe that most people are good and honest, for the most part.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
paying in advance changes lots of the good people that are on the in between line.

unfortunately we cant tell the difference until its too late.

the op obviously knew he was being used by the guy and still gave him money to sell a cue for him which he would get nothing for doing it. they have a word for that.

Sayunflo2009

Registered
Love the response from everyone. To answer some questions. The cue was worth $1500 and I did see some of the flaws and told him. He said to take it anyway it wouldn’t be an issue. Well that wasn’t the case down the road. I gave him the $750 as a person in the pool world who wanted him to succeed. Me getting commission from him I didn’t care about I just wanted to see the pool world grow. More sticks in people’s hands. Learning lesson for me. That crap won’t happen again and it hasn’t. This took place in 2013. I just happen to see some post about him and it hit a nerve. Thank you all.

pkh1960

Registered
what a croc of shit ranger steve. you took that cue to south korea where it was ruined by water damage. i saw it when it came back to the usa. it was ran through the bandsaw and thrown away as you ruined the cue. you never put any money on any cue. remember when you and robert sponsored johnny archer and shawn putnam to play at starcade billiards. i remember him putting an elephant ear wrap on a cue that you had and you gave 125.00 which was the cost. if anyone was slighted it was robert.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading the observations of animatedvmaker and now pkh1960’s post,
something seems awry with Sayunflo2009’s original explanation about this.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading the observations of animatedvmaker and now pkh1960’s post,
something seems awry with Sayunflo2009’s original explanation about this.
Since this was necroposted for NO reason other than to bring Rob's name (as scummy as it is) back into the public light, just a reminder. I will NEVER feel sorry for the things (he doesn't deserve to be called a man) who takes a picture of himself holding a gun to a puppies head to try and intimidate someone away from trying to get their money or materials back,. The only thing I regret is that the Hurricane didn't take him with his shop.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since this was necroposted for NO reason other than to bring Rob's name (as scummy as it is) back into the public light, just a reminder. I will NEVER feel sorry for the things (he doesn't deserve to be called a man) who takes a picture of himself holding a gun to a puppies head to try and intimidate someone away from trying to get their money or materials back,. The only thing I regret is that the Hurricane didn't take him with his shop.
There’s more background to this matter which I’m unaware of. Therefore, offering any hindsight opinion
about something I don’t have all the particulars would amount to total presumption on my part. I was just
observing that a contradictory post was offered & since I’ve got no skin in this controversy, I’ll just shut up.