Phase three of buying a table, 63 gold crown installed in my home.

jimmycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are pics of the 1963 Brunswick gold crown i bought last week and now it is where it should be installed in my home. The matching rack, 9 tru balance cues, balls, chalk and more all from i believe 1963. Oh and the receipt from original owner.

Attachments

• 63 Brunswick gold crown 6100 047.jpg
    63 Brunswick gold crown 6100 047.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,380
  • 63 Brunswick gold crown 6100 042.jpg
    63 Brunswick gold crown 6100 042.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,327
  • 63 Brunswick gold crown 6100 044.jpg
    63 Brunswick gold crown 6100 044.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,336
  • 63 Brunswick gold crown 6100 041.jpg
    63 Brunswick gold crown 6100 041.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,217

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
A Great Table

That is a Great Table. They are built like a Tank and play great. The matching cue rack is great to go along with the table & Centennial ball set.
The only thing that I would do is to put a ball return system in the table.
That's something to think about.
The pockets in a Gold Crown with the indent for the screws are the best there is for tables.
All you need now is to fix up the walls in your game room and you'll be set. Good Luck with your great table. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW, showroom mint GC with the Matching rack. Nice pickup. How much more did you pay than the original owner?? :)

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty Sweet!

The table looks great. And the rack/balls/cues to go with---Dude...You scored!!

Did you disassemble and install yourself? In the breakdown pics-it looked like not too many prior staple wounds/and it looked like upholstery tacks were used along the cushions???

Are you the second owner??

Whatever the story is-it has found a nice home and appreciative new owner.

Thanks for sharing.

BTW- for we jealous ones-how long were you looking?-how many did you pass on b4 this one?-do you know where there are any more?????

Congratulations on a great classic GC.

Take care/enjoy!

Philthepockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How come they managed ok in those days with 4% sales tax ? :rolleyes:
Trivia: According to the Bank Inflation Calculator, $988 in 1963 would be $7123.36 in today's money

Sweet table BTW :smile:

Last edited:

jimmycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table looks great. And the rack/balls/cues to go with---Dude...You scored!!

Did you disassemble and install yourself? In the breakdown pics-it looked like not too many prior staple wounds/and it looked like upholstery tacks were used along the cushions???

Are you the second owner??

Whatever the story is-it has found a nice home and appreciative new owner.

Thanks for sharing.

BTW- for we jealous ones-how long were you looking?-how many did you pass on b4 this one?-do you know where there are any more?????

Congratulations on a great classic GC.

Take care/enjoy!

Im third owner of table and i had it moved. I have been looking for about three years and passed on about 4 tables before this time capsule from 1963 showed up on local CL.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice, maybe some day I can sell my A E Schmidt and get a gold crown.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too cool. Did you pocket casters have the date scribbled on the inside? Mine does and I heard that a few from 63 did.

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
Great looking table. I wish I had that cue rack to go with my GC 1.

Maybe someday I'll pick one up

Congrats !

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, mine date was on my leg casters too. I talked to two other people with GCI from 1963 and they have the same scribbled date. Weird, I wounder what that was about.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have me jonesing to set up my GCI now too. I found a mint tangerine one that has been recovered maybe 3 times. IMO they are the best tables ever.
Enjoy.

jimmycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, mine date was on my leg casters too. I talked to two other people with GCI from 1963 and they have the same scribbled date. Weird, I wounder what that was about.
Are yours fixed or adjustable? Mine are adjustable.

jimmycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have me jonesing to set up my GCI now too. I found a mint tangerine one that has been recovered maybe 3 times. IMO they are the best tables ever.
Enjoy.

Not set up yet? What are you waiting for? I like the tangerine colored ones, way cool. Got pics?

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are yours fixed or adjustable? Mine are adjustable.

Mine are adjustable too. It's a myth that the GCI didn't have adjustable legs. Just the first couple of years didn't have adjustable legs.
I'll post picture when I get home.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not set up yet? What are you waiting for? I like the tangerine colored ones, way cool. Got pics?

I don't have it set up yet because I'm waiting for my Brunswick Anniversary to sell. The Anniversary is probably the best playing table I've ever played on. I didn't fantasize having one though. I've always wants a GCI. As soon as it sells I'm going to set it up.
Here are some pics of the GCI being torn down or disassembled. The only thing I had to fix was the ball box. It was scratched up so I painted it. I also polished all the metal parts and buffed the rails. Looks like a brand new table after that.
gc1siderail.jpg

gc1sideview.jpg

gc1mixrails.jpg

gc1logo.jpg

gc1counter.jpg

ballboxgc1.jpg

gc1date.jpg