Trade Campos Cue for Nook Color or Ipad

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Here is a nice player. I made and played league with this cue last year. My new cue is almost complete, so I'd like to trade this for a new Nook Color (only $250 new) or an Ipad, 1st generation is fine.

Cue is well worth $300 - $400 and is in good condition but not flawless. It was my first veneered window cue and came out pretty nice. It is fitted with an OB1 shaft and a new Wizard tip. It is 19.1 ozs with no weight bolt. It is 4 veneered ebony points into kingwood and reverse on the windows in the butt. It has an SS joint and radial pin. I will say the lizard embossed leather wrap is installed flawlessly:D Cue is no Mottey but would make someone a good player and I don't think the new owner will be dissappointed.

I kind of want to try to put android honeycomb on one of those Nooks. They are supposed to make a nice tablet. An Ipad would work too. Anyway, hit me up if you have one to trade.

CC1.jpg

CC2.jpg

CC3.jpg

CC4.jpg

Last edited:

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Just a heads up on the nook I got one about a week ago and put honeycomb on it while its a nice os its not quite ready for primetime on the nook since its only a preview build and not the aosp release. Currently I'm running cm7 on mine and liking it much more than honeycomb. Although as soon as they release the source for aosp honeycomb I will be running that on my nook

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
fsarfino, thanks for the heads up about the Nook. I just want something to tinker around with.

Dano, I used a 3/4" router bit to cut the slots into the ebony. I used Lee's veneer jig to miter the veneers for the windows, using my 90 degree blade and table saw. Once I glued up the veneers, I measured and cut the kingwood for the windows. It took a little filing and sanding here and there to get a good fit. I glued them into the ebony. Faced the ebony off, so the veneers were flush with each end. Then I used an ebony piece on either end, so that it all looks like one piece...which it does. This was a lot of work for some windows. The good news is you have a CNC and can cut pockets and really simplify the process.

It's a nice playing cue. The OB1 shaft and tip are worth the cost of a Nook...must be a sign of the times, lol.

DanO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So you blocked the kingwood, mitered the veneers on the sides and ends, hand fit the blocks to the 3/4" routered slots, then capped both ends with ebony matching the routered piece. That's a lot of hand work not knowing exactly what thickness the veneer is going to glue up at. Not an easy task.

How's the wizard tip hit? I'm playing with a Kamui SS black. Never hit a wizard.

Last edited: