eBay Experience - Bad Seller

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I recently won this auction for a BR board with a stated shipping chg. to my location.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27-5-BRAZIL...neaCFmpas8vUrXinaZd24%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

After I won the auction and wanted to get it paid for I noticed that the shipping chg. had changed.
I contacted the seller and ask why the discrepancy. His reply was that he decided to give me an upgrade from mail to UPS.
I said that I won the auction with a stated ship/chg and didn't want or request a shipping upgrade.
Apparently that didn't sit well with Phil, the seller and within a day or two I received a notice from eBay
stating that a 'dispute' had been opened on his behalf, the reason being that the wood was no longer available.
His exact words to eBay were that he ran out of stock. Excuse me??? It's a unique item, not something from stock.
I'll leave it to the reader's imagination as to where the wood went. There were about 8 pics. The wood WAS there.

I've dealt with this seller for several yrs. now and have even spoken favorably of his wood/auctions here on AZB.
I now feel obliged to disclose the other side of the coin so no one else falls prey to his tricks.
We had a good run and for the most part, even with the occasional glitch, he found a way to make it right.
This however was the last straw. I won't bid on anymore of his auctions and I'd suggest that anyone else take heed.
I informed him that this is no way to do business but apparently he feels it is. Bid at your own risk.

KJ

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bad seller

This guy lied to me about some brw a while back. He is quite shifty

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
HAHAHAHA.......... this is the same guy that advertises he has "Desert Ironwood Burl" and "Curly Amboyna Burl"..... when it is actually Canxan Negra and Narra. He has been warned numerous times by those who know, to stop misleading people....

Guy is clueless........ buyer beware. I have posted about him here before actually...

William

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes this guy is shady. The wood he is selling as BRW is not. When confronted on it, he will say he ships the wrong stuff and offer a refund.

bob_bushka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had an issue also. Said he shipped and his records indicated it was delivered. I never received item. After about a week he refunded my money.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
OOP'S didn't see the link in your post, read right past it. Thanks for the heads up KJ,
As a side note, I have never been a fan of 'private' sales on ebay...they usually have something to hide if that is their method of sales, and prevents a potiential buyer from looking at prior sales to judge whether to deal with that seller...
Dave

Last edited:

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His ad states that the piece is dead on quarter sawn. The pics prove otherwise.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
While the majority of his auctions will contain the phrase "dead-on quarter sawn",
I accepted the fact that he hasn't a clue what quarter sawn means.
Some eBay sellers will try anything.
I've realized that my/his auction listing will expire after a period of time
and I didn't mention his eBay name which is 'film4'. Buyer beware.

KJ