Real King Cobra's work

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have you had or know of anyone that has had the "full" deal that Glen (Real King Cobra) provides? I'm super excited about him coming and revamping my Anniversary. He will install his 36 something slate leveling system and leg levelers.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a Gold Crown that he setup. It was quite impressive.

I believe the owner of the table is a PBIA instructor, which should say something about Glen's work.

I hope to have him swing by my place in the coming months.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched Glen install 6 Diamond Pro Ams with that leveling system a few years ago. He designed the system I believe he said, but what impressed me was him using like 16 Starrets at the same time to bring the surface in. He knows his stuff.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
maybe, but you can level any part of the table individually with it.

Cheap machinist tools work just as good as expensive ones

I know ive owned and used em on both sides on my day job

Theres an 80 dollar Shars brand machinist level 12 inches I was going to get me about 4 of those , at some point

Just buy them off the site one at a time

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a ridiculous amount of money for those levelers

I think if one has paid a premium for the best rails and cushions money can buy, why not go all the way and pay the best mechanic to set it up. The proof will be in the pudding as they say and I'm hoping to have one of the best playing tables out there. I'm starting with a Brunswick Anniversary and that is one of the best if not the best.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I think if one has paid a premium for the best rails and cushions money can buy, why not go all the way and pay the best mechanic to set it up. The proof will be in the pudding as they say and I'm hoping to have one of the best playing tables out there. I'm starting with a Brunswick Anniversary and that is one of the best if not the best.

i was talking about the levelers, the Starret machinist levelers not Glenn's actual table levels he would be installing or any of his fees
, but the tools he uses to check the tables flatness, renegade said he seen him using about 16, and those things never are about a grand each

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was talking about the levelers, the Starret machinist levelers not Glenn's actual table levels he would be installing or any of his fees
, but the tools he uses to check the tables flatness, renegade said he seen him using about 16, and those things never are about a grand each

It's true he uses about 16 or so at the same time, but they are not the big 12" master levels, they are the 6" I believe Starret Machinist levels, which are about a hundred or so each.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
It's true he uses about 16 or so at the same time, but they are not the big 12" master levels, they are the 6" I believe Starret Machinist levels, which are about a hundred or so each.

The interesting thing to me is that the local yokel that "set" up my table didn't even own one Starrett level and this was his first Anniversary set up. I had to break out my 8" Starrett level out and show him how to put it on top of a 4' level to get a precise reading. Glen wanted to make sure that I own a level like this so that I can adjust my table after he's done his magic. Once again, we pay for what we get.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The interesting thing to me is that the local yokel that "set" up my table didn't even own one Starrett level and this was his first Anniversary set up. I had to break out my 8" Starrett level out and show him how to put it on top of a 4' level to get a precise reading. Glen wanted to make sure that I own a level like this so that I can adjust my table after he's done his magic. Once again, we pay for what we get.

Yeah the Starret on a straight edge is a good way to adjust the table overall, while Glen's system adjusts sections of the slate to each other over the entire playing surface. His may have been 8" as well, I really don't remember.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Glen came to my place and rebuilt my red label 2001 diamond table installing a leveling system and steel plating the slates together as well as rebuilding the rails. This table is one of the joys of my daily life.

The guy is a serious craftsman. There is a thread here in the mechanics forum that he put up showing much of the process on my table. He does things you not only have never thought of but couldn't think of.

So here's the real deal and you better listen carefully or you will end up butt hurt.

If Glen says he will be there in five minutes, unless you can see his truck out the window, don't count on it.

If he says it will take three days the only thing you can be sure of is that it will not take three days. It will take considerably more. Not sure Glen counts days like we do:). If he says he's running to the hardware store, please don't make the mistake of thinking you will see him again today. You may, but don't feel slighted if you do not.

If he says he is starting at 8 am, do not wait for him. He probably stayed up late and is not starting till noon. Or maybe Wednesday.

Take this all into account and enable yourself to enjoy the process. Do not listen to his time estimates. They are now and will likely always be shy.

Here is another thing you can count on. If Glen tells you it's going to be $XXX, that's how much he's going to ask you for when it's finally over. Time management is Glen's primary weakness as far as I can tell. And I honestly believe it's because he want's everyone he works for to be totally satisfied with the end result.

That and because he has never fully learned to operate a calendar or a watch:sorry:

He's worth the wait if you can put it in perspective. And he's a great guy to hang out with.:grin:

JC

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Glen came to my place and rebuilt my red label 2001 diamond table installing a leveling system and steel plating the slates together as well as rebuilding the rails. This table is one of the joys of my daily life.

The guy is a serious craftsman. There is a thread here in the mechanics forum that he put up showing much of the process on my table. He does things you not only have never thought of but couldn't think of.

He's worth the wait if you can put it in perspective. And he's a great guy to hang out with.:grin:

JC

Thanks for that. I'm excited about the finished product. Now if my game would cooperate and deserve such a table!

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Denwhit, JC, oh my, add myself and we have three Oregonians on the same page, time to run.

Nice table Denwhit, very nice. Glad to see you get a first class set up with Glen, the table is worth it. Same with the rails, very nice.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Denwhit, JC, oh my, add myself and we have three Oregonians on the same page, time to run.

Nice table Denwhit, very nice. Glad to see you get a first class set up with Glen, the table is worth it. Same with the rails, very nice.

Thanks. I hope to have the best table around.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Does that mean no cigarettes resting on the rails while burning?:smile:

JC

No cigarettes in the house and no drinks within ten feet of the table.