Multiple balls pocketed question

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Quick question for you 14.1 experts. I know if you make your called ball and another goes in you get that extra point. If somehow a non called ball is pocketed before your called ball actually drops, does that matter?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The timing cannot matter, Tom....anything that happens in one particular shot is equal to
any other event in that shot.
Otherwise, we’d need refs with atomic clocks.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
So two points even though the uncalled ball when in first. That's how we played it and I said I'd check with the experts. Thanks for the quick response Paul. :)

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick question for you 14.1 experts. I know if you make your called ball and another goes in you get that extra point. If somehow a non called ball is pocketed before your called ball actually drops, does that matter?
No, it doesn't matter which drops first. As long as you make the ball you called in the pocket you called it in, any other ball or balls pocketed in any pocket counts as well, regardless of which ball you hit first with the cue ball.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The timing cannot matter, Tom....anything that happens in one particular shot is equal to
any other event in that shot.
Otherwise, we’d need refs with atomic clocks.
Well, that's what I've said before but I was wrong, of course. Ball or rail first can be a big deal. I would agree though with which ball drops first.