Shaft Edge Alignment (Identifying the correct Perception in CTE Pro One)

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can do that then your modifying the system to fit your
own personal needs and not using Pro-One.. By introducing
ghost ball and tips to the cloth, you are using a modified
version of something but it's not Pro-One.
If someone was truly using Pro-One there would be no
reference point off the object ball. Never!!
You have done a good job, it just has holes in it. it's
incomplete reference material.

Never have I said that this is a complete method (I shall refine it in the future or even someone here can help me)

I never ever did introduce ghost balls, all I did was mention it coz it was close like being a ghost ball when resting your cue tip on the cloth.

I'll never and ever will modify the system.

I think there's no hole in it, for those holes can be covered up by alternative perceptions, like AimPoint B at 5 Diamonds away can be interchanged by a 15/45 Degree Perception.

Is it hard to comprehend that shaft edge alignment can help beginners when they're in a dilemma for a certain shot (practice or tournament) and that it works within short distances.

Will it lead beginners go astray? no! Shaft Edge Alignment can never be a misread perception when you know as in "when you know" how to use it.

My real intent was to let beginners or those intrigued by Pro One be more interested, because it is a fact that a pool player can be discouraged in using Pro One if they don't know what perception is to use immediately, especially if they don't have guidance or the DVDs.

Remember that there's no consumer that will buy a product if he feels like it doesn't work or it doesn't interest him tested or untested.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Again thanks for the critics that you gave. :)

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think he is using Ghost Ball

If you can do that then your modifying the system to fit your
own personal needs and not using Pro-One.. By introducing
ghost ball and tips to the cloth, you are using a modified
version of something but it's not Pro-One.
If someone was truly using Pro-One there would be no
reference point off the object ball. Never!!
You have done a good job, it just has holes in it. it's
incomplete reference material.

He stated he was very close to the cue ball, not at a position that is where the ghost ball sits. He seems to be using this to help what perception he intends to use. If you have the SEE system you see them use it to find the degree of cut, but they are using ghost ball position, so the know which line to aim down, and give a reference point of where your shaft is on the object ball as a second check.

Through trial and error he has found something that helped him. It is just an additional step that helps him to be able to use Pro One effectively for himself. In a short time his subconscious will pick up on the which visual needs to be used. Just training his brain.

CaptainDidactic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a CTE enthusiast also. I have taken lessons with Stan on two separate occasions and he is truly an excellent instructor. My game and pocketing continue to improve.

I have also used the swing the cue arc method for awhile now to help me to determine whether to use 'A' 'B' or 'C'. It definitely helps. As for distance from the object ball, I pivot the tip at the center of the Ghost ball. ( I hate to say ghost ball when discussing Pro-One )

I also try to roughly guess the angle of the shot to determine which visual to use. As an example,I ask myself "is the shot over or under 45 degrees'? When in doubt, I gravitate toward going with the 'thinner cut' visual because I have a tendency to hit the object ball too thick.

I briefly used PRO-ONE on a snooker table with a 11 foot cut using 'B' visuals. To my surprise, I split the pocket.

Pro-One Rocks!:thumbup:

Last edited: