Reload this Page RIP Dave Bollman
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
House Man
Old
  (#31)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

House Man - 12-12-2013, 06:09 AM

A few of these threads reminded me of some of thee Great House Men. There were a few rooms in the states that were lucky to have this going on. Dave was at the top of this endeavor, and his Golf demeanor shone thru during match play and his work. I've run into another....Mike Betts of Magoos in Tulsa OK who also was TaLL, helpful and a Good player RIP. Then there was a black guy, in Wichita KS, wonderful man, played jam up, probably still does if he's standing, I think that place was Terrys. One side dark/old school pool room, other side, ten bar boxes in a row, perfect setup. Great house men are not easy to find, I know there are a few others, especially in the northern states, WI/MN for sure. These men are good for business, and not easy to find.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Last edited by Island Drive; 12-12-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Old
  (#32)
Seneca Steve
AzB Silver Member
Seneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca Steve has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2013, 08:01 AM

Met him once in Goldsboro NC at Fast Eddies. Nice man, super competitor. RIP

Playing cue=Omega And Lambros
Break cue=Lomax
Case=Whitten
Pappa

Old
  (#33)
George Fels
AzB Silver Member
George Fels has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Fels has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Fels has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Fels has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Fels has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Fels has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Fels has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Fels has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Fels has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Fels has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Fels has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2013, 09:51 AM

Beyond his golfing ability, Dave also played on the same U. of Iowa frosh basketball team with NBA Hall of Famer Connie Hawkins! Dave told me, "Our routine was to play one-on-one after practice, and he'd just kick my ass all over the gym. Then we'd go to the Student Union to play pool, so I could redeem myself." Road players were coming to the University to play Dave even back then!

Old
  (#34)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2013, 10:31 AM

Sorry to hear the news.

Old
  (#35)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Fels View Post
Beyond his golfing ability, Dave also played on the same U. of Iowa frosh basketball team with NBA Hall of Famer Connie Hawkins! Dave told me, "Our routine was to play one-on-one after practice, and he'd just kick my ass all over the gym. Then we'd go to the Student Union to play pool, so I could redeem myself." Road players were coming to the University to play Dave even back then!
Dave was a man of many talents, and best of all he never boasted about them. One of the highlights of my annual trip to Norfolk was visiting Dave at the poolroom. Two years ago he fixed Dennis Orcollo's tip for him and also refused to take any money from me.

Yep, in the old days every poolroom had a "houseman" and he was like the manager of the room. He had to know how to do everything and play good too!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#36)
RobertaAgnor
AzB Silver Member
RobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond reputeRobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond reputeRobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond reputeRobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond reputeRobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond reputeRobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond reputeRobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond reputeRobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond reputeRobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond reputeRobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond reputeRobertaAgnor has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2013, 10:55 AM

I met Dave pretty much around the same time I met Barry Behrman over 25 years ago when I was a teenager. It's been pretty cool reading some of these stories about Dave, I knew he had been a pro golfer. He was always over the years such a nice person, always talking to everyone. I enjoyed watching his play in the US Open every year & pulling for him. My condolences to his daughter, the rest of his family, & his friends; may he rest in peace.

Roberta L. (Agnor) Clark

Old
  (#37)
liakos
Banned
liakos has a reputation beyond reputeliakos has a reputation beyond reputeliakos has a reputation beyond reputeliakos has a reputation beyond reputeliakos has a reputation beyond reputeliakos has a reputation beyond reputeliakos has a reputation beyond reputeliakos has a reputation beyond reputeliakos has a reputation beyond reputeliakos has a reputation beyond reputeliakos has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-12-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
Herre's a video of Earl playing Dave in 1990 in Lexington. Grady and Billy are commentating. Check it out ---> FINALS MATCH
Rip in Dave!!! I've never met Dave or Grady, but every time I see or hear Grady, I feel a little sad! That man has helped me out so much and he doesn't even know it! To all of our friends and idols who have passed, may you all be knockin em in center pocket!!!

Old
  (#38)
DRW
AzB Silver Member
DRW has a reputation beyond reputeDRW has a reputation beyond reputeDRW has a reputation beyond reputeDRW has a reputation beyond reputeDRW has a reputation beyond reputeDRW has a reputation beyond reputeDRW has a reputation beyond reputeDRW has a reputation beyond reputeDRW has a reputation beyond reputeDRW has a reputation beyond reputeDRW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2940

12-12-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptypockets View Post
Dave Bollman, my friend, my mentor, my 1 pocket partner passed away today from cancer. My prayers go out to his daughter, Maryann, who was Dave's pride and joy.

Attachment 307506
I never knew Dave personally, but met him in 2005 at his pro shop, when I was at the US Open that year. Two guys I knew from Colorado were looking to buy shafts that were longer than usual and we were told to go see Dave. He had a very large number of shafts hanging from the ceiling in different stages of curing. My friends got their shafts and were very happy with them.
The thing besides Dave being so cordial was there was not a speck of sawdust in the place. Never before or after have I seen a Pro shop that clean.
RIP, Dave.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: