Time to start ignoring the whack-a-moles

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Folks:

Most may have on their mind the "red glow on the horizon" that appears to be certain posters -- many that had long bans in some cases -- that continue to tilt at the aiming systems windmill. Some folks -- like one that recently reappeared after a 2.5 year ban -- seem to be so fixated, that comparing them to crocodiles with lockjaw (tetanus) isn't exaggerating things. (And look, right after coming back -- the freakin' day of, even -- he's chomped down on it again and is shaking hard.)

There are dangerous fixations in this world -- e.g. the anti-vaxxers, the Flat Earthers, etc. These are fixations that affect either public health (i.e. compromising the herd immunity and bringing back dangerous/deadly diseases in the case of the anti-vaxxers), or are the catalyst to tearing down the pillar of accumulated knowledge that define us as a race that moves forward (i.e. the Flat Earthers).

Some may say that the anti-aiming system troublemakers are exactly in this same space. While I agree they are pests of the highest order, they are not the type that put us in a dangerous position. It may seem like it, but remember, this is only a sport. Don't get me wrong; I don't condone the fixation and activities of these pests. You do have to wonder, though, what makes these folks want to spend their days arguing aiming systems in pool/billiards. There are obviously much better things to do with one's time. It's an unhealthy addiction; a fixation even. They consider themselves "Truthers." Yet, all they do is compromise accumulated knowledge, degrade public health, etc. It has nothing to do with truth at all, but rather an extremely misguided sense of self-importance. It's selfish, in a way.

I would recommend folks just start adding the offenders' names/accounts to their Ignore list. These folks' whole point in life is to garner attention. "Look at me! Look at me!" Use the lessons from social media -- be your own moderator and just take that attention away from them. In short order, no one will be paying attention to them. E.g.: "if I have a message and no one is listening to it, what effect am I really having? Is anyone paying attention to me?" Hit them in the insecurity pocketbook. Make their money no longer useful here.

-Sean

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is their "currency"?...find out and take it.

I would recommend folks just start adding the offenders' names/accounts to their Ignore list. These folks' whole point in life is to garner attention. "Look at me! Look at me!" Use the lessons from social media -- be your own moderator and just take that attention away from them. In short order, no one will be paying attention to them. E.g.: "if I have a message and no one is listening to it, what effect am I really having? Is anyone paying attention to me?" Hit them in the insecurity pocketbook. Make their money no longer useful here.
-Sean
You're doing some excellent psychological thinking there, my man.
It's like dealing with contrary, rebellious, children. What is the thing they enjoy the most (their 'currency')? Is it their cellphone, the computer, the use of your car, etc?
Then seize it when they act against your rules.
My 'currency' as a teenager was that motorcycle. If I didn't make the midnight curfew, then my dad put that 15HP Mustang in the garage and dared me to touch it for a week. That meant I had to WALK to school, like a peasant. That meant I had to use a damn bicycle to throw my paper route...and friends would laugh as they drove by. That meant I had to ride the stinking public BUS to the pool room like some serf. Doesn't take long to get that message through. Especially when the currency of sidelining the car also, meant no dates for the weekend and no joy riding with the girls to the football games. Makes a young punk stop and think, you know.
The pests have a currency and you're absolutely right....it's their own over inflated sense of self importance. "Look at me, look at me, I'm smart, I'm a scientist, I invented a system too, I seldom miss a shot, I'm a celebrity, I care more than you so I wear a red ribbon", and on and on and on.
As you say......MAKE THEIR MONEY NO LONGER USEFUL HERE.
I like it. :thumbup2:
Mustang Motorcycle with caption.jpg

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
You're doing some excellent psychological thinking there, my man.
It's like dealing with contrary, rebellious, children. What is the thing they enjoy the most (their 'currency')? Is it their cellphone, the computer, the use of your car, etc?
Then seize it when they act against your rules.
My 'currency' as a teenager was that motorcycle. If I didn't make the midnight curfew, then my dad put that 15HP Mustang in the garage and dared me to touch it for a week. That meant I had to WALK to school, like a peasant. That meant I had to use a damn bicycle to throw my paper route...and friends would laugh as they drove by. That meant I had to ride the stinking public BUS to the pool room like some serf. Doesn't take long to get that message through. Especially when the currency of sidelining the car also, meant no dates for the weekend and no joy riding with the girls to the football games. Makes a young punk stop and think, you know.
The pests have a currency and you're absolutely right....it's their own over inflated sense of self importance. "Look at me, look at me, I'm smart, I'm a scientist, I invented a system too, I seldom miss a shot, I'm a celebrity, I care more than you so I wear a red ribbon", and on and on and on.
As you say......MAKE THEIR MONEY NO LONGER USEFUL HERE.
I like it. :thumbup2:
View attachment 522321

Thanks, Low500!

What I find interesting is that one whack-a-mole in particular writes things like, "Pro CTEers are simply incapable of having a civil reasonable discussion about this subject matter." Like, excuse me, doesn't he take a hint? The Pro CTEers DON'T WANT to have a "civil reasonable discussion" with him about this subject matter -- he's long since worn out his welcome from the Pro CTEers to help him understand the subject matter. He'd proven over and over and over that all he wants to do is undermine and disparage the system, and even took some vacations from the forum because of it. And lo and behold, he's back at it, from early in the morning to very late at night. It's like one of those wind-up toys that bumps into an object, backs up, goes full speed into the object again, backs up, full speed into the object again, etc. Or, a defective Roomba.

Time to make that currency no longer valid. Stop feeding their insecurities. Just leverage that Ignore functionality.

-Sean

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
So, how’s that research going on why CTE only works on a 2x1 ratio table?

We & others know what he said before he mysteriously disappeared for quite some time. Perhaps he fell under the hood & it slammed down on his head & he got amnesia... or perhaps something else or someone else 'prevented' him from keeping his word.

But don't worry, Greg. It will ALL be explained in the ever upcoming book. Actually, no it will not, as Mr. Shuffett has said that he.did NOT go into the "WHY".

You, I, & others know that it is scientifically impossible for it to be what it is said to be.

Others are in denial or... they simply do not know the difference between something that is subjective vs something that is objective.

Best Wishes.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Can't prove there's no such thing as magic, but everybody knows it's not real.

Well, everybody with any common sense.

pj
chgo

Yaaawn...same copy and pasted response from 1998, 99, 2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05,

06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Soon to be followed up by more copy and pasted meaningless put down responses.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't prove there's no such thing as magic, but everybody knows it's not real.
Well, everybody with any common sense.
pj
chgo
Those who say "please explain it....prove how it works.....it is unscientific" need to simply watch Stan Shuffett's videos on YouTube. The videos explain it. They show him making shot after shot with it while demonstrating. A pretty good start would be to enter this: (CTE takes the player to the correct shot angle) into YouTube and begin the study
If someone cannot grasp it after that, then it's their problem...not CTE.
All they have to do is leave it alone, do whatever they choose to do, stop thinking they're crusaders for justice(?), and stop the endless trashing.
It is a futile effort on the part of the "Putdown Posse".....CTE will be around long after they are all dead and gone. And judging by the ages of some of them and their mental and emotional conditions, that won't be too far off.
The "Putdown Posse" is so filled with hatred and bigotry toward Stan Shuffett to the point they cannot see the forest for the trees

hitman22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a grip this is just a forum not a way of life but maybe it is for some..Seems when feathers get ruffled here over what Pet theory
is law that their stroking and then someone rocks their cradle they get pissed and moan about getting that person off here.What a clickish bunch of bullshitshit...

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Get a grip this is just a forum not a way of life but maybe it is for some..Seems when feathers get ruffled here over what Pet theory
is law that their stroking and then someone rocks their cradle they get pissed and moan about getting that person off here.What a clickish bunch of bullshitshit...

Tap Tap Tap

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tap Tap Tap

Yea it is kinda a way of life for English.