Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Postive Covid19 Test at CSI / BCAPL event
Page 2 of 10 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-17-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
If this is true, then every player and fan who attended the event (which continues today) may have to be tested if they begin to show symptoms. I see some people on here who are still making light of this crises, but they must not be paying attention to what is happening nationally and in the world at large. This is not a laughing matter! Just because some people might fare better than others (20% is the best estimate, leaving 80% seriously ill) is no reason to act like it's no big deal if a few thousand older people (and some younger) die. And I'm being conservative when I say only a few thousand.

I will only add once more that the numbers of those infected (which is already beginning to rise rapidly) will increase exponentially when the testing is ramped up to where it needs to be. I wonder how many who return from Vegas will have been infected with this virus. It will be irresponsible for them to then endanger those they come in contact with, even if they are not symptomatic.
You have those percents just a bit backwards.

Old
  (#17)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
This is the truth no one wants to hear
I know several nurses here
One was at the bar with us saying people are just over reacting

Another sends me covid memes daily

Scaring everyone, which is pretty easy it seems , is the real danger
the truth, to sum up:
worldwide, people are getting sick and dying
it's spreading every day
healthcare workers and facilities are overloaded
there is no vaccine
even trump, the person who least wanted to face the virus reality
is copping to it, and has declared a national emergency

so, how should we be acting?

A billiard table is that richest of metaphors,
by turns a theatre, an altar, touchstone, gauntlet,
ritual ground, a gunfighter's high noon, a refuge,
a verdant landscape for balls to scatter and rest in meaningful synchronicity,
a classroom, a karma dance, mirror of moods, a guide and trusted friend...

-- from grissim's "billiards"

Old
  (#18)
Imac007
AzB Silver Member
Imac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
the truth, to sum up:
worldwide, people are getting sick and dying
it's spreading every day
healthcare workers and facilities are overloaded
there is no vaccine
even trump, the person who least wanted to face the virus reality
is copping to it, and has declared a national emergency

so, how should we be acting?
Deciding not to go is hard if a person only focuses on themself in the short term. Preparation goes out the window along with hopes and aspirations. That said, a longer future oriented timeline and a broader social context makes the decision easy. You’re either part of the problem or part of the solution. The Mardi Gras still charged me for a night and a cancellation fee.

My question is are they refunding the team fees? I haven’t seen their stance on that?

Old
  (#19)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Can't believe anyone went out there in the first place. They didn't have to go. CSI should have cancelled earlier but they didn't force people to go.
Your correct. Nobody forced them to go but, it still doesn't change the fact that they didn't cancel.

IMO, the blame is split 50/50.

It's odd how the less than intelligent players of today are smart enough to not play HIGHLY advanced players for cash ......but.....turn right around and risk something much more valuable than money:

Life.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#20)
Baby Huey
AzB Silver Member
Baby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 06:02 PM

Follow the CDC guidelines and keep yourself safe and that will also keep others safe as well. We will all be playing pool again soon. Let's get this thing behind us.

Old
  (#21)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:

This.

Here's the link to the CDC along with plenty of other links to get informed. Note how all precautions read just like the normal flu (identically so far with an unknown to warm water).

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

I'm not an investor but I went digging anyway into who is making the $$$ with this, I found that I'm not an investor for a reason :-/. Excluding every obvious player who is making serious $$$ off of this 2,000,000,000,000+ ordeal, I couldn't find one that wasn't obvious...not 1. In fact, it looks like money is being lost by every hand not in that 2 trillion dollar pot.

Now if the hype dies soon, then it's obviously a 2 trillion dollar pump and dump, but if it continues longer than 3 weeks, it looks like many investors will be loosing money. I'm expecting the "Don't worry", "We got it under control" or something like that in about 2 weeks, if it doesn't happen, then this virus isn't one of mortality anymore.

It's a blind tactic I know, but I'm keeping an eye on the fatality rate to predict an "ALL CLEAR"

As of today in the USA...

4226 cases.
75 deaths.
75/4266 = 0.01758087201125175808720112517581

Yesterday it was...

3487 cases.
68 deaths.
68/3487 = 0.019501003728133065672497849154

... a difference of 0.00192013171688130758529672397819.

We're officially now UNDER 2%, all in a matter of days.

This rate of change has been constant the last 5 days. If it remains for 5 more days, which I suspect, then the fatality rate will drop below 1% and then I'm curious to what can prolong the hype (besides hoping people remain ignorant).

Old
  (#22)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post
As of today in the USA...

4226 cases.
75 deaths. ...
"As of Tuesday evening, at least 5,587 people across every state, plus Washington, D.C., and three U.S. territories, have tested positive for coronavirus, according to a New York Times database, and at least 101 patients with the virus have died." NY Times about 1˝ hours ago.

Old
  (#23)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
"As of Tuesday evening, at least 5,587 people across every state, plus Washington, D.C., and three U.S. territories, have tested positive for coronavirus, according to a New York Times database, and at least 101 patients with the virus have died." NY Times about 1˝ hours ago.
I'm seeing slight increases and decreases too here and there, but I'm going by the CDC as that is the source everyone is pulling from (unless NY Times as a more reliable non-disclosed source, which is possible). Anyways, the CDC source is updated daily at noon.

But NY Times or CDC numbers... I'll believe either, as both show the trend.

Lastly, hiding from it in any other manner besides that of which you would for the normal flu is futile. Just like the normal flu., it has reached everywhere.

Still think hiding in any way is going to work? If you're sick, just stay home like normal.

Old
  (#24)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:

I hope you don't have any family or close friends that are:

Ederly

or

Fighting diseases that cause weak immune systems.....diabetes etc...etc

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Old
  (#25)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 03-17-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
I agree with you in this to a point.
1) I think we should do what is going to save the most lives.
2) the more we flatten the curve the more damage will be done to the economy
3) this will be a huge opportunity for all of us ontheother side. America will rebuild better and stronger and most likely will accelerate moving manufacturing back onshore. This will be a huge boost for the middle class.
The people at the top and big industry will win. Joe public will be busted. When it all goes away I agree there will be opportunity, but not for all.

Old
  (#26)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
If this is true, then every player and fan who attended the event (which continues today) may have to be tested if they begin to show symptoms. I see some people on here who are still making light of this crises, but they must not be paying attention to what is happening nationally and in the world at large. This is not a laughing matter! Just because some people might fare better than others (20% is the best estimate, leaving 80% seriously ill) is no reason to act like it's no big deal if a few thousand older people (and some younger) die. And I'm being conservative when I say only a few thousand.

I will only add once more that the numbers of those infected (which is already beginning to rise rapidly) will increase exponentially when the testing is ramped up to where it needs to be. I wonder how many who return from Vegas will have been infected with this virus. It will be irresponsible for them to then endanger those they come in contact with, even if they are not symptomatic.
The conservative estimates are 440,000 to 1.5 million Americans. This is why all this is being done.

Old
  (#27)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

03-17-2020, 07:01 PM

Well, I always thought there were more older people in the forum. I guess not cause anyone over 60ish would most certainly feel threatened. And that's if your 60ish or older and healthy. What abiut the older folks that are not in the best of health?

I'll be the first to say:

I hope all of this blows over quick and proves to have been blown out of proportion.

I TRULY HOPE THAT'S THE CASE!

Things is, why would I gamble with my loved ones lives by not looking at it as "BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY".....?????

Jeff

Old
  (#28)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

03-17-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
The people at the top and big industry will win. Joe public will be busted. When it all goes away I agree there will be opportunity, but not for all.
Everything ends ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ way.

It's always been that way and it will always be that way.

Jeff

Old
  (#29)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
You have those percents just a bit backwards.
You're correct, thank you. Up to 80% will fare okay and the virus will be like a bad cold or even more mild than that. For about 20% it will be life threatening. Still a very high number if it turns out over 500,000 in the USA have been infected (that would mean appro. 100,000 in danger).

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#30)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

03-17-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
You're correct, thank you. Up to 80% will fare okay and the virus will be like a bad cold or even more mild than that. For about 20% it will be life threatening. Still a very high number if it turns out over 500,000 in the USA have been infected (that would mean appro. 100,000 in danger).
Death rate is around 3%.
It's around 6% in Italy because they have a very old population .
Life threat is nowhere near 20%.

Flu death rate is around 1/4 of a percent .

Page 2 of 10 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: