Reload this Page Strickland Hall of Fame petition,sign here
Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Strickland Hall of Fame petition,sign here
Old
  (#1)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member
recoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Strickland Hall of Fame petition,sign here - 05-07-2005, 09:38 AM

I see some posts ariseing as they do(every year) about BCA's snubbing of Earl Strickland into the Hall of Fame.With something like 5 World titles and 5 US opens(and countless other titles) this is freakin' unbelievable.He is the greatest 9 baller ever and a living legend.

Everyone who thinks he should get in sign here and we can send this petition link to the BCA.After we are pool players and we love the game. Is the BCA really above us when it comes to pool and acknowledging greatness?Let's show them were pissed off. Anyone who doesn't think he should get in,go join the BCA and don't respond to this post.This post is only for those who wish to express their consent that Earl gets in.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Come on BCA, get real and vote Earl into the Hall of Fame.

Last edited by recoveryjones; 05-07-2005 at 09:42 AM.

Old
  (#2)
Blackjack
Illuminati Blacksmack
Blackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

05-07-2005, 09:40 AM

Nobody deserves it more.

"Turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!" ~ Les Nessman

“Dead balls are harder to find than they are to make." ~ Cisero Murphy

"When all else fails, try not missing ... INTENTIONALLY." ~ Steve Mizerak

www.thezone-spc.com

Playing Cue - McDermott D-21 w/ Predator Z Shaft
Favorite Pool Player - Joey Koontz

Old
  (#3)
jhendri2
Rack'em Sausage
jhendri2 has a reputation beyond reputejhendri2 has a reputation beyond reputejhendri2 has a reputation beyond reputejhendri2 has a reputation beyond reputejhendri2 has a reputation beyond reputejhendri2 has a reputation beyond reputejhendri2 has a reputation beyond reputejhendri2 has a reputation beyond reputejhendri2 has a reputation beyond reputejhendri2 has a reputation beyond reputejhendri2 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1750

05-07-2005, 09:46 AM

Mr. Strickland gets my vote!! One of the reasons I love pool so much are the personalities. I want to see Keith McCready having fun and Earl Strickland doing his thing. That's what makes our sport great, otherwise it would just be another game.

I'm one those people who like Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Chi Chi Rodriguez, Randy Moss, et al. They're having fun, people just need to lighten up, it doesn't personally affect their lives, so enjoy the show.

Jim

I watch a man shoot pool for an hour. If he misses more than one shot I know I can beat him - Luther Lassiter

Name: Jim Hendrickson

Old
  (#4)
BlowFish
Pinoy D-Player
BlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond reputeBlowFish has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200
 Send a message via ICQ to BlowFish Send a message via MSN to BlowFish Send a message via Yahoo to BlowFish Send a message via Skype™ to BlowFish 
05-07-2005, 09:52 AM

I'm for Earl for HoF.

Name: Jhun Jimeno
Playing Cue: Mezz >PUJ-1 with WD700, HybridPro2 and Hybrid Alpha shafts.
Break Cue: Mezz >PB-O with DeepImpact Pro shaft.
Cue Case: Mezz >NPC-35B2 and J.Flowers 4x8 by John Barton.

My Merry Widows Collection

Old
  (#5)
RSB-Refugee
AzB Silver Member
RSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond reputeRSB-Refugee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 900

05-07-2005, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoveryjones
I see some posts ariseing as they do(every year) about BCA's snubbing of Earl Strickland into the Hall of Fame.With something like 5 World titles and 5 US opens(and countless other titles) this is freakin' unbelievable.He is the greatest 9 baller ever and a living legend.

Everyone who thinks he should get in sign here and we can send this petition link to the BCA.After we are pool players and we love the game. Is the BCA really above us when it comes to pool and acknowledging greatness?Let's show them were pissed off. Anyone who doesn't think he should get in,go join the BCA and don't respond to this post.This post is only for those who wish to express their consent that Earl gets in.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Come on BCA, get real and vote Earl into the Hall of Fame.
Yes, he needs to be the next inductee. How soon is the next vote? I would sign a petition to endorse him.

Tracy

Old
  (#6)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-07-2005, 10:04 AM

I support Earl going in. However you can send the BCA anything you want to and all the board can do is put him on the ballot, just like they have done in the past. The voting business members will then decide who gets in, not the board. It is out of the board of directors hands once it goes to membership for the vote.
Chris
www.hightowercues.com
www.internationalcuemakers.com

Old
  (#7)
Rude Dog
<---Dumb and Dumber
Rude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond reputeRude Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to Rude Dog  
05-07-2005, 10:08 AM

I see a lot of reasons why Earl SHOULD be in the H.O.F., but are there any facts as to why he isn't? Peace, John.

Old
  (#8)
catscradle
<< 2 all-time greats
catscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2005, 10:20 AM

Yeah, Earl should be there. Earl can be rude and abrasive. Usually it is the result of a legit beef he overreacts to, but even if he was just a total jerk 24 hours a day he would still deserve to be in the HOF.

Bring back Jimbo from CT
Better to wear out than to rust out.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
"The urge to struggle lies latent in everyone." - Roger Bannister, The Four Minute Mile
"To die is nothing, but it is terrible not to live." - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

Old
  (#9)
Over 40
AzB Silver Member
Over 40 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 650

05-07-2005, 10:56 AM

I'm for Earl

predator 2

Fury B/J

10hrs

Old
  (#10)
hemicudas
AzB Silver Member
hemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond reputehemicudas has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2005, 02:07 PM

Yes on, Earl. For what it's worth. BCA, listen? Doubt it but worth a try.

$Bill
JMO, ICBW

Old
  (#11)
Cue of Fury
Cue of Fury has a reputation beyond reputeCue of Fury has a reputation beyond reputeCue of Fury has a reputation beyond reputeCue of Fury has a reputation beyond reputeCue of Fury has a reputation beyond reputeCue of Fury has a reputation beyond reputeCue of Fury has a reputation beyond reputeCue of Fury has a reputation beyond reputeCue of Fury has a reputation beyond reputeCue of Fury has a reputation beyond reputeCue of Fury has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2005, 02:25 PM

Earl should be in the HoF, he gets my vote.

Old
  (#12)
bobroberts
Pool player
bobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2005, 02:48 PM

Earl gets my vote also.I dont understand the snub.
Not getting into the BCA HOF really dosn't mean anything though.It sure dosn't put any money into the inductees pockets.
Plus who cares what the BCA thinks.

Stay thirsty my friend.

Old
  (#13)
randyg
www.randygpool.com
randyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond reputerandyg has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2005, 02:48 PM

Would you guys get your facts straight! This dosen't have anything to do with the BCA, it's Earl. Earl asked NOT to be in the HOF until he deserves it.....SPF-randyg

Old
  (#14)
Kerry Impson
Former player

Kerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud ofKerry Impson has much to be proud of

vCash: 1175

05-07-2005, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyg
Earl asked NOT to be in the HOF until he deserves it.
First I've heard of this......this would indicate he doesn't believe he deserves it yet??!! Well, I definitely think he deserves it and I would vote for him to be inducted into the BCA HOF.

Old
  (#15)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-07-2005, 04:22 PM

If they opened up the voting to those who are not BCA members Earl might have won. But a few hundred business owning members voted and Earl lost to Robin. Who will you send a petition to? Maybe wait until before the vote then send each business member your pitch for them to vote for Earl. As mad as people seem to be at the BCA leadership over this it is far from their fault. They put Earl on the ballot and those members who paid $500 to $1000 per year for voting membership got to vote. More chose Robin than Earl. That is how democracy goes. Your canidate may or may not win. I would have voted for Earl if I were still a member. Here is a sure way to get Earl in. Join the BCA as an associate member for $500 and you will get to vote. Get enough of you to join that support Earl and he can't lose and the BCA will make a small fortune in membership fees.

Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: