Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Strickland Hall of Fame petition,sign here
Page 3 of 7 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
cuesmith
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
cuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via Yahoo to cuesmith  
05-08-2005, 08:44 AM

Of course Earl should be in the Hall of Fame! That's not even a close call! He may have had a couple of his least precious moments, occur under a lot of scrutiny! I think we all have some moments in time that we'd rather have seen work out differently, but Earl is one of the greatest players to EVER play the game! He definately deserves his place in the HOF!

Sherm

just more hot air!

Sherm

Sherm Custom Billiard Cues
cuesmith@ymail.com
Sort of retired!

Old
  (#32)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

05-08-2005, 08:59 AM

I think the majority of the pool-playing public views the BCA Hall of Fame as the ultimate award and should be given to a deserving champion player or contributor to the sport.

I think Earl Strickland and Allen Hopkins, another very worthy candidate, recognize the BCA for what it is: a trades-based organization consisting of industry members with a mission to benefit THEIR needs.

Though some may feel the BCA is not giving Earl his fair due, it could be that the players themselves may not regard the BCA in the same light and do not feel sleighted in the least.

Food for thought is who receives the most benefit in the BCA when a worthy candidate is elected in the BCA Hall of Fame. It ain't the awardee (IMO).

JAM

Old
  (#33)
sniper
AzB Silver Member
sniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond reputesniper has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3800

05-08-2005, 09:08 AM

Earl getting voted into the HOF isn't a matter of IF, but simply WHEN.

Old
  (#34)
Wizardry
AzB Silver Member
Wizardry is on a distinguished road

05-08-2005, 09:10 AM

Earl "The Pearl" Strickland should gain automatice entry into the H.O.F for being the person he IS and not what the H.O.F wants him to be.

We need characters in the game to liven it up. Like Dennis Rodman in basketball, Eric Cantona in football, Mohamned Ali in Boxing and John McEnroe in Tennis! what would the game be like without them?

Earl is in a class of his own, love him or hate him, you got to respect him, 5 US open titles? Just try defending one of them!

My vote goes to Mr Earl Stickland from North Carolina! "The Pearl" in the world of cue sports....

Cheers,
Wizardry

Old
  (#35)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-08-2005, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSB-Refugee
It would have to taken to tradeshows and shown to as many voting members as possible. Maybe someone could design a 'Let Earl In" T-shirt, if it was worn at Vegas by a lot of people, I think they might take the hint.

Tracy
The only problem with that is that peoples memories are short. The Trade show happens many months before the vote. Contact the BCA and find out when the ballot goes out and send a mailing to all right before asking them to vote for Earl. Could probably do that cheap enough.

Old
  (#36)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-08-2005, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMoney
after watching the skins game and what he did to charlie williams earl has no respect for the game and should never be let in the hof based only on the move he made not giving up ball in hand after the foul. he has no respect for his sport and therefore deserves no respect
Is it possible sometime in the past Charlie had said to Earl "the ref didn't see it?"

Old
  (#37)
RAZOR ROG
AzB Silver Member
RAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond reputeRAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond reputeRAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond reputeRAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond reputeRAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond reputeRAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond reputeRAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond reputeRAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond reputeRAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond reputeRAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond reputeRAZOR ROG has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2005, 05:22 AM

Earl deserves to be there, put him in or I quit!

Name: Roger
Cue: Wayne Ball
Loc. Tampa
Hrs. per wk.: 10 ish

Old
  (#38)
RunArak
Dead Account
RunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond reputeRunArak has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2817

05-09-2005, 05:37 AM

He's got my vote. I cannot think of anyone who deserves it any more than "The Pearl".

Joe

Old
  (#39)
vagabond
AzB Silver Member
vagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2005, 06:47 AM

I vote for Earl Strickland
Vagabond

Old
  (#40)
mjantti
Enjoying life
mjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 350

05-09-2005, 08:29 AM

I'm in. Go Pearl !

Name: Mikko Jšntti
Nickname: Buddy
Cue: Tim Scruggs
Break: Mezz Kai

Old
  (#41)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member
recoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2005, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJR
One yes vote from my wife.

And yes I did say something to them about it.
A vote from the daughter, the wife and yourself, excellent. Got any pets or relatives?
RJ

Old
  (#42)
Sweet Marissa
www.Bella-Muse.com
Sweet Marissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Marissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Marissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Marissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Marissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Marissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Marissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Marissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Marissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Marissa has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Marissa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1250

05-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Attitude has nothing to do with talent and skill. Look at football players, baseball players, et cetera. They aren't disqualified for their personalities. Even those who don't like Earl's attitide want him in the HoF! That should indicate something!

BTW, I've been in his company, and he was a gentleman.

AND YES, HE HAS MY VOTE!

Old
  (#43)
CaptainJR
Shiver me timbers.
CaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainJR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

05-09-2005, 01:24 PM

I was just thinking and if I were Earl, I wouldn't want in the hall of fame. Not yet! Heck I'm older than he is and I don't want in the hall of fame for anything. People in the Hall of Fame are 'over the hill'. I not dead yet. Putting him in the hall of fame is like saying, 'Your all washed up so we'll give you a little award'. I personally don't think Earl is done yet. I guess there would be some pride in being in the hall of fame when your still young enought to kick ass.

CaptJR
Avast Ya Scurvy Scum. Swab the deck! Walk the plank. Dead men tell no tales. Where's me Rum!

Old
  (#44)
Chazzy151
Registered
Chazzy151 is on a distinguished road

05-09-2005, 01:34 PM

Another vote for Earl.

Chaz

Old
  (#45)
rayjay
some of the kids
rayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

05-09-2005, 01:35 PM

Earl should have been in years ago. I vote yes. Put him in the hof asap.

Page 3 of 7 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: