Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Strickland Hall of Fame petition,sign here
Page 4 of 7 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member
recoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-10-2005, 09:23 PM

Just thought I'd bring this thread back to the top because I think that's where Earl resides as far as ALLTIME greatness goes in 9 ball RJ

Strickland in the Hall of Fame
Old
  (#47)
SCCues
< Searing Twins
SCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Strickland in the Hall of Fame - 05-11-2005, 02:02 AM

I attend the US Open every year and if Earl Strickland is playing I always try to get a seat near his match so I can watch one of the best 9 ball players in history. I don't agree with some of the things i've seen Earl do during his matches, but many of those things were brought on by fans more interested in upsetting Earl than watching a good match. Earl brings excitement to pool and whether you're a fan of his or not it's hard to disagree that he has to be one of the best 9 ball players ever. Nobody can match Earl's 9 ball record, period!

Politics plays a huge part in the BCA's hall of fame selection every year. I like Robin Bell and I think she's a credit to pool, but for her to be inducted into the BCA hall of fame before Earl Strickland just doesn't make any sense to me.

SCCues

Old
  (#48)
MikeJanis
Banned
MikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

05-11-2005, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMoney
after watching the skins game and what he did to charlie williams earl has no respect for the game and should never be let in the hof based only on the move he made not giving up ball in hand after the foul. he has no respect for his sport and therefore deserves no respect
Have you ever seen a basesball player call himself out at home plate after the referee said he was safe? The match was refereed and it is up to the Ref to call the foul not the player.

As a gentleman maybe Earl should have called it himself but as a professional player in a professional event it's not up to him.

Earl's got my vote !

Mj

Old
  (#49)
Bob Romano
Bob' Wife
Bob Romano has a reputation beyond reputeBob Romano has a reputation beyond reputeBob Romano has a reputation beyond reputeBob Romano has a reputation beyond reputeBob Romano has a reputation beyond reputeBob Romano has a reputation beyond reputeBob Romano has a reputation beyond reputeBob Romano has a reputation beyond reputeBob Romano has a reputation beyond reputeBob Romano has a reputation beyond reputeBob Romano has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

05-11-2005, 05:32 AM

Earl should have been in the HOF many many years ago. I am shocked that he was not voted in and question the ballots.

Eydie

Best constructed custom made for the climate pool table in southern Texas. wwwpoolandpokertables.com

bottom line
Old
  (#50)
wahcheck
AzB Silver Member
wahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond repute

bottom line - 05-11-2005, 05:40 AM

It's obvious to anyone who knows pool that Earl should be a slam dunk for the HOF....I for one would vote for him if I had a vote....although like so many other fans, I have been embarrassed in the past watching his behavior....but I vote for him for his talent and accomplishments; not his antics and misbehavior.....regardless of whether or when he makes it into the HOF, this guy definitely qualifies as a pool legend....his name will stand well beside Mosconi, Lassiter, Greenleaf, Sigel, Hall, Reyes, and all the other greats in pool history, no matter what snubs he may get from the present-day politics of the pool industry.............

Old
  (#51)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2011, 09:04 PM

JAM being too smart for her own good.

I am sure the Earl HOF dinner got a bunch of "investors" really happy.

As for Earl well, he got a free dinner.

In recent times the BCA did help with the US open issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
I think the majority of the pool-playing public views the BCA Hall of Fame as the ultimate award and should be given to a deserving champion player or contributor to the sport.

I think Earl Strickland and Allen Hopkins, another very worthy candidate, recognize the BCA for what it is: a trades-based organization consisting of industry members with a mission to benefit THEIR needs.

Though some may feel the BCA is not giving Earl his fair due, it could be that the players themselves may not regard the BCA in the same light and do not feel sleighted in the least.

Food for thought is who receives the most benefit in the BCA when a worthy candidate is elected in the BCA Hall of Fame. It ain't the awardee (IMO).

JAM

Old
  (#52)
donny mills
AzB Silver Member
donny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond reputedonny mills has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2011, 10:04 PM

Wow I didn't know that Earl wasn't in the hof. What a joke that he's not. Who all is in the hall of fame?

"I'll tell em" Chris bartrum

Old
  (#53)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-13-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donny mills View Post
Wow I didn't know that Earl wasn't in the hof. What a joke that he's not. Who all is in the hall of fame?
This post is old. Earl got there the very next year.
Here you go:

Johnny Archer (2009)
Joe Balsis (1982)
Jean Balukas (1985)
Francisco Bustamante (2010)
Lou Butera (1986)
Jimmy Caras (1977)
Raymond Ceulemans (2001)
Welker Cochran (1967)
Irving Crane (1978)
Arthur Cranfield (1997)
Alfredo DeOro (1967)
Danny DiLiberto (2011)
Robin Bell Dodson (2005)
Allison Fisher (2009)
Ralph Greenleaf (1966)
Cecil Hall (2000)
Allen Hopkins (2008)
Willie Hoppe (1966)
Larry Johnson (1999)
Loree Jon Jones (2002)
Edwin Kelly (2003)
Johnny Layton (1974)
Luther Lassiter (1983)
Ewa Mataya Laurance (2004)
Sang Chun Lee (2007)
Ray Martin (1994)
Ruth McGinnis (1997)
Steve Mizerak (1980)
Jimmy Moore (1994)
Willie Mosconi (1968)
Cicero Murphy (1995)
Andrew Ponzi (1988)
Jim Rempe (2002)
Efren Reyes (2003)
Erwin Rudolph (1987)
Jake Schaefer, Sr. (1968)
Jake Schaefer, Jr. (1968)
Mike Sigel (1989)
Ralf Souquet (2011)
Earl Strickland (2006)
Frank Taberski (1975)
Eddie Taylor (1993)
Nick Varner (1992)
Dallas West (1996)
Dorothy Wise (1981)
Harold Worst (1972)

Meritorious Service:

George Balabushka (2004)
Terry Bell & Larry Hubbart (2010)
John Brunswick (1990)
Robert Byrne (2001)
Pat Fleming (2008)
John Wesley Hyatt (1972)
Mike Massey (2005)
Ben Nartzik (1967)
Charlie Peterson (1966)
Michael Phelan (1993)
Herman Rambow (1969)
Walter Tevis (1991)
Rudolph Wanderone (1984)
Donny Mills (2013)
Chris Bartram (2014)

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#54)
RonsTheOne
AzB Silver Member
RonsTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeRonsTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeRonsTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeRonsTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeRonsTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeRonsTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeRonsTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeRonsTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeRonsTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeRonsTheOne has a reputation beyond reputeRonsTheOne has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

11-13-2011, 10:36 PM

AHH...I see what you did there......Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
This post is old. Earl got there the very next year.
Here you go:

Johnny Archer (2009)
Joe Balsis (1982)
Jean Balukas (1985)
Francisco Bustamante (2010)
Lou Butera (1986)
Jimmy Caras (1977)
Raymond Ceulemans (2001)
Welker Cochran (1967)
Irving Crane (1978)
Arthur Cranfield (1997)
Alfredo DeOro (1967)
Danny DiLiberto (2011)
Robin Bell Dodson (2005)
Allison Fisher (2009)
Ralph Greenleaf (1966)
Cecil Hall (2000)
Allen Hopkins (2008)
Willie Hoppe (1966)
Larry Johnson (1999)
Loree Jon Jones (2002)
Edwin Kelly (2003)
Johnny Layton (1974)
Luther Lassiter (1983)
Ewa Mataya Laurance (2004)
Sang Chun Lee (2007)
Ray Martin (1994)
Ruth McGinnis (1997)
Steve Mizerak (1980)
Jimmy Moore (1994)
Willie Mosconi (1968)
Cicero Murphy (1995)
Andrew Ponzi (1988)
Jim Rempe (2002)
Efren Reyes (2003)
Erwin Rudolph (1987)
Jake Schaefer, Sr. (1968)
Jake Schaefer, Jr. (1968)
Mike Sigel (1989)
Ralf Souquet (2011)
Earl Strickland (2006)
Frank Taberski (1975)
Eddie Taylor (1993)
Nick Varner (1992)
Dallas West (1996)
Dorothy Wise (1981)
Harold Worst (1972)

Meritorious Service:

George Balabushka (2004)
Terry Bell & Larry Hubbart (2010)
John Brunswick (1990)
Robert Byrne (2001)
Pat Fleming (2008)
John Wesley Hyatt (1972)
Mike Massey (2005)
Ben Nartzik (1967)
Charlie Peterson (1966)
Michael Phelan (1993)
Herman Rambow (1969)
Walter Tevis (1991)
Rudolph Wanderone (1984)
Donny Mills (2013)
Chris Bartram (2014)

Old
  (#55)
dacue
AzB Silver Member
dacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

11-13-2011, 10:46 PM

The Champion he has been over the years. It is very wrong for him not to be in "Hall of Fame". Should have happened years ago.
REALLY!

Old
  (#56)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-13-2011, 10:57 PM

Earl has my vote any day of the week.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Old
  (#57)
Ratta
Hearing the balls.....
Ratta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000
 Send a message via ICQ to Ratta Send a message via MSN to Ratta  
11-13-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Nobody deserves it more.
...what could you say else!

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."......Albert Einstein
________

"Advanced PBIA Instructor and proud member of the SPF Family"

Old
  (#58)
marcone
old style cues
marcone has a reputation beyond reputemarcone has a reputation beyond reputemarcone has a reputation beyond reputemarcone has a reputation beyond reputemarcone has a reputation beyond reputemarcone has a reputation beyond reputemarcone has a reputation beyond reputemarcone has a reputation beyond reputemarcone has a reputation beyond reputemarcone has a reputation beyond reputemarcone has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2011, 01:17 AM

I'm for Earl!

Predator sp,p2,p3,se10,5k8

Old
  (#59)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
11-14-2011, 01:44 AM

Justnum what is your problem?

Earl is in the Hall of Fame.

Everyone please read before you post. Justnum is dredging up old threads for his/her amusement.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#60)
The Chinchilla
AzB Silver Member
The Chinchilla has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chinchilla has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chinchilla has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chinchilla has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chinchilla has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chinchilla has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chinchilla has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chinchilla has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chinchilla has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chinchilla has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chinchilla has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Justnum what is your problem?

Earl is in the Hall of Fame.

Everyone please read before you post. Justnum is dredging up old threads for his/her amusement.
He seems to be particularly interested in the ~2005-2006 era. I wonder if there is something to that.

I thought he was genuinely interested initially with his other "dreadgings," then I saw this thread with Earl in there already.

Odd.

Page 4 of 7 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: