Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page What's the one thread that you've ever regretted posting?
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
What's the one thread that you've ever regretted posting?
Old
  (#1)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member
recoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

What's the one thread that you've ever regretted posting? - 09-17-2006, 02:46 PM

Have you ever pressed that "submit reply" button and regretted doing so?
Have you ever pressed it, not knowing all the facts?
Have you acted out in emotion, absent of intellect and posted something that you now regret?

Well, then let this be the thread where you have a chance to apologize and clear your conscience.I'll get the ball(s) rolling and crack the rack wide open.

I've started 176 threads here and posted up 1336 times in total while being part of the AZ family.While I'm embarrased about a few, for the most part I've tried to be helpful, while not stepping on any one's toes (within the AZ family) in the process.

The one thread that I most regret starting is the Monkey Man Song thread.At times I feel sick to my stomach over it and regret it for these reasons:

1.Danny is part of the AZ family.
2.Danny played within the IPT rules.
3.Danny(although a good sport) and other AZ er's were offended by it.
4.Friends (valued) who used to reply to PM's and emails aren't anymore.
(that hurt's the most)

Anyone (locally) who knows me also knows that I am constantly writing humorous satires regarding politicians,political and local happenings, newspaper headline happenings etc etc.Like the Jay Leno's of the world I have my fun.

Posting about Danny and Archer however, was perhaps just a little to close to(AZ) home and I regret ever doing it.

I wrote that song because:

-I know I'm very capable(talent wise) of effectivley rhyming out an orginal song as to parody a true happening.

-I thought it would make some people laugh

I also wrote it out because:

In a SELFISH way I crave that recognition and wanted YOUR attention.

In summary:
I talked to two local pros on the phone today and asked them about Danny Harriman.Both of them said that he is a very nice guy and a great player.

I've took the focus off of the above things that Danny should be known for and labelled him, "The Monkey Man"

I gained some compliments and rep points from those in my corner,however,it was at Danny's expense.While I was very pleased by the many who stepped up to defend me (when the wolfpack was attacking),I still have to admit, I WAS WRONG.Thanks to those much cherished AZ friends who were in my corner when the going got tough.Having said that,I need to use my God given talents in a different, more positive way.

In closing:
I regret making that Monkey man song post and have since removed it.I did it because I was PRIMARILY attention seeking and SELFISHLY didn't consider Danny's feelings in the process.To all the AZ er's effected and to Mr Harriman, I am truley sorry.

RJ

ps. I'll stick by for a few days to face the music.

After that,I am going on a self imposed one month ban from AZ and won't be reading or responding to this thread until I get back.Feel free to flame me,because I deserve it.

I need to chill to my obssesive/compulsive internet forum addiction and work on my game.

Old
  (#2)
mikepage
AzB Silver Member
mikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond reputemikepage has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoveryjones
[...]

[...]
Posting about Danny and Archer however, was perhaps just a little to close to(AZ) home and I regret ever doing it.

[...]
Hey, chill a bit RJ

It's clear you regret doing it. It's not a deal in the scheme of things. I suspect the vast majority of people who've paid any attention at all harbor no bad feelings.

mike page
http://www.fargorate.com
player ratings for the world

Old
  (#3)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

09-17-2006, 03:39 PM

I posted that I played Frank Tabeerski in 1967 in my dads poolroom on Long Island. I still can't think of the real players name that ran 125 and out on me. These golden years ain't what thier cracked up tp be. Johnnyt

Never Give Up

Last edited by Johnnyt; 09-17-2006 at 07:30 PM.

Old
  (#4)
cueball1950
AzB Silver Member
cueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via AIM to cueball1950 Send a message via Yahoo to cueball1950  
09-17-2006, 05:27 PM

RJ:

One of mine would have to be any post asking questions about the bay state invitational tour. Not that it was a mistake, but just not worth my time and energy to ask intellegent questions and then get blown off by them and get a negative rep point...

2nd of mine would be trying to apologize to someone who asked for 1. then sends me an email thanking me for doing it then sending another threatening me over it. Just not worth my time and effort i guess.

3rd would have to be any more that i post. Just tired of the arguing and bickering and such. Yes i have been a part of it in the past. And i am sorry about it. but no more. Just to much on my plate to keep up with all the posts and after the Open i will probably call it quits for quite a while and focus on what is going on here..........mike

Is life worth living with so much pain???????

Old
  (#5)
Eydie Romano
Finally Retired!
Eydie Romano has a reputation beyond reputeEydie Romano has a reputation beyond reputeEydie Romano has a reputation beyond reputeEydie Romano has a reputation beyond reputeEydie Romano has a reputation beyond reputeEydie Romano has a reputation beyond reputeEydie Romano has a reputation beyond reputeEydie Romano has a reputation beyond reputeEydie Romano has a reputation beyond reputeEydie Romano has a reputation beyond reputeEydie Romano has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2006, 05:41 PM

RJ,

You taking it to much to heart, we all love you, and know that you didn't mean any harm. Please stop being so upset over it, it's all over, we all understand, so let's put it to bed now!

To answer the question about your thread, YES, I have regretted several times I have said something stupid or inappropriate. Sometimes (depending on what time of the month it is ) I tend to be a bit more defensive or aggressive than usual. How about that, can you imagine! lol! But that's life and humans make many mistakes. Grin and bare it, life goes on!

Hugs,

Eydie

RETIRED, ENJOYING THE BEACH AND LOVIN IT, LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Old
  (#6)
straybullet
Legend
straybullet has a reputation beyond reputestraybullet has a reputation beyond reputestraybullet has a reputation beyond reputestraybullet has a reputation beyond reputestraybullet has a reputation beyond reputestraybullet has a reputation beyond reputestraybullet has a reputation beyond reputestraybullet has a reputation beyond reputestraybullet has a reputation beyond reputestraybullet has a reputation beyond reputestraybullet has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Look behind you... I'm the cute one in the straight jacket giggling about nothing

09-17-2006, 05:58 PM

For me it would have to be the thread where I got into it with JAM. It was a stupid thread about a football player wearing a Hustlin Gear baseball cap - was it pool related or not pool related - it got stupid - I got stupid - and by the end everybody was ready to burn me at the stake. In retrospect I should have just logged off instead of posting my responses. You live, you learn.

Debra Li, International Jelly Doughnut Connoisseur

Old
  (#7)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

09-17-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoveryjones
After that,I am going on a self imposed one month ban from AZ and won't be reading or responding to this thread until I get back.Feel free to flame me,because I deserve it.

I need to chill to my obssesive/compulsive internet forum addiction and work on my game.
RJ, this is absurd. You're one of our best posters on the forum. You posted something you regretted, and have now apologized for it with sincerity and humility.

How about a self-imposed one day ban? This really is a very minor infraction and your remorse is, without question, a mitigating factor. We know you won't make the same mistake again.

Stay here among your friends.

Sincerely, SJM

Old
  (#8)
Quesports
AzB Silver Member
Quesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond reputeQuesports has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2006, 06:23 PM

My biggest regret is reading this thread! But I did it anyway!!
J/K
Dan

Old
  (#9)
djkx1
AzB Silver Member
djkx1 has a reputation beyond reputedjkx1 has a reputation beyond reputedjkx1 has a reputation beyond reputedjkx1 has a reputation beyond reputedjkx1 has a reputation beyond reputedjkx1 has a reputation beyond reputedjkx1 has a reputation beyond reputedjkx1 has a reputation beyond reputedjkx1 has a reputation beyond reputedjkx1 has a reputation beyond reputedjkx1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 375

09-17-2006, 07:17 PM

Hey man, I enjoy your posts. If you need to work on your game, that's great. Just don't leave for too long. There are too few Canadians around here as it is.

Old
  (#10)
Cameron Smith
is kind of hungry...
Cameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2006, 07:29 PM

I regretted posting the thread on Bank Pool. I could never have imagined what that turned out to be. I am even afraid to mention it.

I would kill for a nobel peace prize

Old
  (#11)
Russ Chewning
Short Bus Russ - C player
Russ Chewning has a reputation beyond reputeRuss Chewning has a reputation beyond reputeRuss Chewning has a reputation beyond reputeRuss Chewning has a reputation beyond reputeRuss Chewning has a reputation beyond reputeRuss Chewning has a reputation beyond reputeRuss Chewning has a reputation beyond reputeRuss Chewning has a reputation beyond reputeRuss Chewning has a reputation beyond reputeRuss Chewning has a reputation beyond reputeRuss Chewning has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-17-2006, 08:25 PM

I regret making the "Dance, Monkey, Dance" comment that made me so unpopular here. I am very opinionated, and sometimes I write something while very emotional, and a lot of the time, it turns out bad.

Sometimes I feel my only buddy here is Linda. But, Linda is EVERYone's buddy.

Russ

Old
  (#12)
NYC cue dude
Banned
NYC cue dude has a reputation beyond reputeNYC cue dude has a reputation beyond reputeNYC cue dude has a reputation beyond reputeNYC cue dude has a reputation beyond reputeNYC cue dude has a reputation beyond reputeNYC cue dude has a reputation beyond reputeNYC cue dude has a reputation beyond reputeNYC cue dude has a reputation beyond reputeNYC cue dude has a reputation beyond reputeNYC cue dude has a reputation beyond reputeNYC cue dude has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-17-2006, 08:39 PM

i made one post, a response, and revealed some personal information about a friend. It cost me dearly.

We live and learn from our mistakes. The consequenses are ours ALONE to suffer.

RJ, i won't pass judgement on your post, simply because of the level of your contrition, but i will say that i would never have posted that myself.

Your self imposed ban smacks of needless self pity/flagellation. It is unnecessary considering your genuine (imo) apology. If i was in your shoes, though, i would forward your post to danny himself. Again, that's just me.

rg

Old
  (#13)
cueball1950
AzB Silver Member
cueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond reputecueball1950 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via AIM to cueball1950 Send a message via Yahoo to cueball1950  
Thumbs up 09-17-2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC cue dude
i made one post, a response, and revealed some personal information about a friend. It cost me dearly.

We live and learn from our mistakes. The consequenses are ours ALONE to suffer.

RJ, i won't pass judgement on your post, simply because of the level of your contrition, but i will say that i would never have posted that myself.

Your self imposed ban smacks of needless self pity/flagellation. It is unnecessary considering your genuine (imo) apology. If i was in your shoes, though, i would forward your post to danny himself. Again, that's just me.

rg
rg:::: good sound advice....tap tap tap...................mike

Is life worth living with so much pain???????

Old
  (#14)
JDB
Idiot Savant
JDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2006, 08:50 PM

Yeah, as I look back, I think I probably make too many smart ass replies. Nothing serious, just me being a smart ass. I have been trying not to do that as much lately...

Old
  (#15)
DawgAndy
AzB Silver Member
DawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2006, 09:05 PM

Every time I've mentioned a cuemaker who sells his cues in Japan it's turned ugly and personal. I consider this man a friend and will never mention his name again. Also I've lost every vbuck I've ever had by betting on a pro whom I consider a friend and will stop doing so. Hopefully this will have a twofold effect : This player will win the Open this year and I'll keep my v bucks to bet on his opponent thereby assuring his victory. Go Troy I'm betting against you now.

Andy
A semi serious post

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: