Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page What's the one thread that you've ever regretted posting?
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member
recoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-17-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC cue dude
i made one post, a response, and revealed some personal information about a friend. It cost me dearly.

We live and learn from our mistakes. The consequenses are ours ALONE to suffer.

RJ, i won't pass judgement on your post, simply because of the level of your contrition, but i will say that i would never have posted that myself.

Your self imposed ban smacks of needless self pity/flagellation. It is unnecessary considering your genuine (imo) apology. If i was in your shoes, though, i would forward your post to danny himself. Again, that's just me.

rg
Thanks NYC,

I sent Danny a PM the same time I started this thread.

Other than that I've spent many a work night posting here and then went to work extremley burnt out because of a lack of sleep.I was thinking of taking a break from the internet anyways.

Having said that, you and others are right about one being to hard on himself.Thanks
RJ

Society says I should regret some things but for some reason I don't
Old
  (#17)
smittie1984
AzB Silver Member
smittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 505

Society says I should regret some things but for some reason I don't - 09-17-2006, 09:23 PM

The one thing I have learned about AZbilliards and the western civilization is that people tend to forget easily and move on to flaming about other stuff.

So don't ever ever ever shy away from posting something you may regret. You can't learn if you don't ask. And you can't be corrected if you don't tell. Not to mention you are on the Internet and it is very unlikely anyone on here will ever know for sure who you are. I believe only 2 people on here know me personally. 1 of them introduced me to this site. The other discovered me at the pool hall. Other than that I could probably cuss out someone I know is from Atlanta and even plays at MrCues2 then see them at the pool hall and shoot the breeze with them. Just for us to go home and yell at each other on the computer again.

You are anonymous on the computer and take advantage of it.

Old
  (#18)
Dhakala
Banned
Dhakala has a spectacular aura aboutDhakala has a spectacular aura about

09-17-2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoveryjones
Have you ever pressed that "submit reply" button and regretted doing so?
Have you ever pressed it, not knowing all the facts?
Have you acted out in emotion, absent of intellect and posted something that you now regret?
Yep. Wound up married for five long years.

Old
  (#19)
cuetechasaurus
AzB Silver Member
cuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond reputecuetechasaurus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 808

09-18-2006, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Have you acted out in emotion, absent of intellect and posted something that you now regret?

Well, then let this be the thread where you have a chance to apologize and clear your conscience.I'll get the ball(s) rolling and crack the rack wide open.

I've started 176 threads here and posted up 1336 times in total while being part of the AZ family.While I'm embarrased about a few, for the most part I've tried to be helpful, while not stepping on any one's toes (within the AZ family) in the process.

The one thread that I most regret starting is the Monkey Man Song thread.At times I feel sick to my stomach over it and regret it for these reasons:

1.Danny is part of the AZ family.
2.Danny played within the IPT rules.
3.Danny(although a good sport) and other AZ er's were offended by it.
4.Friends (valued) who used to reply to PM's and emails aren't anymore.
(that hurt's the most)

Anyone (locally) who knows me also knows that I am constantly writing humorous satires regarding politicians,political and local happenings, newspaper headline happenings etc etc.Like the Jay Leno's of the world I have my fun.

Posting about Danny and Archer however, was perhaps just a little to close to(AZ) home and I regret ever doing it.

I wrote that song because:

-I know I'm very capable(talent wise) of effectivley rhyming out an orginal song as to parody a true happening.

-I thought it would make some people laugh

I also wrote it out because:

In a SELFISH way I crave that recognition and wanted YOUR attention.

In summary:
I talked to two local pros on the phone today and asked them about Danny Harriman.Both of them said that he is a very nice guy and a great player.

I've took the focus off of the above things that Danny should be known for and labelled him, "The Monkey Man"

I gained some compliments and rep points from those in my corner,however,it was at Danny's expense.While I was very pleased by the many who stepped up to defend me (when the wolfpack was attacking),I still have to admit, I WAS WRONG.Thanks to those much cherished AZ friends who were in my corner when the going got tough.Having said that,I need to use my God given talents in a different, more positive way.

In closing:
I regret making that Monkey man song post and have since removed it.I did it because I was PRIMARILY attention seeking and SELFISHLY didn't consider Danny's feelings in the process.To all the AZ er's effected and to Mr Harriman, I am truley sorry.

RJ

ps. I'll stick by for a few days to face the music.

After that,I am going on a self imposed one month ban from AZ and won't be reading or responding to this thread until I get back.Feel free to flame me,because I deserve it.

I need to chill to my obssesive/compulsive internet forum addiction and work on my game.
You should have no regrets about that thread. You were doing it in jest, it was competely comedy. Danny took it seriously, and so did a bunch of other people who kiss Danny's ass just because he posts here. The majority of intelligent posters here knew that it was just a joke, trying to add humor to the silly situation between Harriman and Archer. You had absoloutely no intent of insulting anyone. Danny should have realized that, and so should have everyone else who got "offended" (which I believe is bullshit, you are just a bunch of ass kissers). Listen Recovery Jones, you are one of the best and most respected posters on this entire website. You meant well, and that's all that matters. If people still don't realize that you meant well, all I can say is F*** 'em!

-1000 Rep campaign completed. Thanks everyone

Old
  (#20)
matthew
AzB Silver Member
matthew has a reputation beyond reputematthew has a reputation beyond reputematthew has a reputation beyond reputematthew has a reputation beyond reputematthew has a reputation beyond reputematthew has a reputation beyond reputematthew has a reputation beyond reputematthew has a reputation beyond reputematthew has a reputation beyond reputematthew has a reputation beyond reputematthew has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2006, 01:31 AM

Al Gore seems like an interesting guy. There's the one post I regret.

In all seriousness, we all say things we regret. I'm not sure what you said should be apart of that. It didn't especially bother me, but that's up to you. It (regret) is apart of being human. Regrets are apart of life - so is forgiveness. What's important, is that you come away from it a better person.

"A lot of good ballgames on tomorrow, but we're going to be right here with the Cubs and the Mets."
-Thom Brennaman, Chicago Cubs broadcaster

Last edited by matthew; 09-18-2006 at 01:34 AM.

Old
  (#21)
pooladdict
no doubt about it
pooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond reputepooladdict has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via MSN to pooladdict Send a message via Yahoo to pooladdict  
09-18-2006, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Chewning
I
Sometimes I feel my only buddy here is Linda. But, Linda is EVERYone's buddy.

Russ
I may be wrong, but after reading about Lindas encounter with Earl Strickland on the practice tables I don't think Earl is on Lindas Christmas card list.

Old
  (#22)
rackmsuckr
Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
rackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

09-18-2006, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooladdict
I may be wrong, but after reading about Lindas encounter with Earl Strickland on the practice tables I don't think Earl is on Lindas Christmas card list.
Haha, Earl is Earl, and I guess he had me mixed up with someone else anyway.

Anyway, RJ, if we were to balance out that one questionable post with all the other gut-clenching, tear-flowing gigglers that you have put together, then I think you are still way above the bar in my book.

Your pennance shouldn't be a ban, but to write another ditty...this one entitled, "Danny made a monkey out of me and it made me the 'Hairy Man' and drove me bananas." We love you RJ!

I put the Mental in Ornamental

Old
  (#23)
Gerry
AzB Silver Member
Gerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond reputeGerry has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2006, 04:12 AM

Don't sweat it man!.....you did it from a tongue in cheek humor stand point, not to rip into Him. People tend to get all worked up too quickly, and not see the humor in things....especially when they know the person being made light of. That's the problem with "sense" of humor....some people have no sense!

It's kind of like that guy they just shipped all over the world because "they" were SO sure killed that little girl Jon Benay..(sp), and it ends up He's just a weirdo skank that didn't really do it, but is still a weirdo skank. So, maybe we should all look at you like you are that guy?!....bad comparison maybe?

disclaimer>>> I now have one more post to regret......Gerry

Old
  (#24)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-18-2006, 05:24 AM

Quote:
There's always the 'Delete' option.

Quote:
After that,I am going on a self imposed one month ban from AZ and won't be reading or responding to this thread until I get back.Feel free to flame me,because I deserve it.

I need to chill to my obssesive/compulsive internet forum addiction and work on my game.
Don't bother taking time off. I think for the rest of us, it's in the past. Literally. Hell, it was a week ago sort of. Time to move on to the next heated post.

Fred

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#25)
Hal
Beer Player
Hal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond reputeHal has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1900

09-18-2006, 05:38 AM

When Secaucus Fats first joined, I made the remark that "every time I see a post of his I know it's going to be long and boring". I pre-judged him and I was wrong.

I also regret the incident with Shorty. I simply should have ignored his remarks about my Dayton cue.

Old
  (#26)
DawgAndy
AzB Silver Member
DawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond reputeDawgAndy has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2006, 06:18 AM

also regret the incident with Shorty. I simply should have ignored his remarks about my Dayton cue

Along with his remarks on everything else cue related.

Andy

Old
  (#27)
Koop
AzB Silver Member
Koop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 78612

09-18-2006, 06:20 AM

Quote:

No need man. You provide a lot of comedy relief and some good insight into the game.

As to your question; more times than I care to admit

Keep on keepin' on.

Koop

Old
  (#28)
rackmsuckr
Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
rackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

09-18-2006, 10:09 AM

What we really all want to know is if there is a post that SJM has written that he has regretted? LOL! (PM's don't count. )

RJ, I hope you are madly composing today!

I put the Mental in Ornamental

Old
  (#29)
recoveryjones
AzB Silver Member
recoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond reputerecoveryjones has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2006, 10:21 PM

I'm feeling a whole lot better today.I've been taught if something bugs you, then deal with it.

Anyways, thanks to all for their kind words, support and exceptance of my humanity.Very much appreciated.
RJ

....most likely won't crucify myself with a long ban,however,do need to lose 15-20 lbs and work on my pool game.

reflect within = regret.
Old
  (#30)
Ronoh
1 brick at a time
Ronoh has a reputation beyond reputeRonoh has a reputation beyond reputeRonoh has a reputation beyond reputeRonoh has a reputation beyond reputeRonoh has a reputation beyond reputeRonoh has a reputation beyond reputeRonoh has a reputation beyond reputeRonoh has a reputation beyond reputeRonoh has a reputation beyond reputeRonoh has a reputation beyond reputeRonoh has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to Ronoh Send a message via Yahoo to Ronoh  
reflect within = regret. - 09-18-2006, 11:22 PM

Learning is key. regret helps me learn about myself. A good question would be "Do you question your regret?".

Most who are truthful with themselves will say "yes".

I personally don't regret what I say on the internet or in "ear shot". That's reality on which I thrive upon.

What I consider fun, is, laughing at people who have no will. You can see it in their eyes.

Do I regret this post? nope.

Name: John "Doc" Stepek
Cue: John Minteer (JAM) 19.8 oz w/Everest tip
Break Cue: Heubler Butt w/Prototype shaft - 18.1 oz

Jump Cue: John Minteer (JAM)
Profession: Rack Management

Stay safe, stay true.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: