Old
  (#46)
pip9ball
AzB Silver Member
pip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-02-2016, 08:20 PM

4 1/4 is not that tight at all. I frequently play on Oscar and Ernesto Dominguez personal diamonds dialed in at 3 7/8 and watch them run out like it's nothing. As others have said, center pocket is the same no matter what size. The only issue with tight pockets is you need to leave yourself good angles... But I'd take that over buckets any day 1

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#47)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

09-02-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip9ball View Post
4 1/4 is not that tight at all. I frequently play on Oscar and Ernesto Dominguez personal diamonds dialed in at 3 7/8 and watch them run out like it's nothing. As others have said, center pocket is the same no matter what size. The only issue with tight pockets is you need to leave yourself good angles... But I'd take that over buckets any day 1

Then Oscar had no excuse for missing so many shots then on the TAR' table with 4 1/8" corner pockets, so why did he miss so many times with bigger pockets? It's easy to run out when no one's watching I guess.

Old
  (#48)
pip9ball
AzB Silver Member
pip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2016, 09:03 PM

Everything is easier when practicing and nothing on the line. However, Ill stake Oscar for as much as you can afford on any table of your choice. You can get the 5 out playing 10b :-)

Old
  (#49)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

09-03-2016, 06:45 AM

Well then, let's just make this real interesting. How about you bet all your money on Oscar against me.....and I win every time Oscar fails to run out from everywhere

Old
  (#50)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Everything is easier when practicing and nothing on the line. However, Ill stake Oscar for as much as you can afford on any table of your choice. You can get the 5 out playing 10b :-)

In fact, I don't even have to play Oscar to beat him, I'll take the ghost playing him on a table with 4 1/2" corner pockets.....only, he can't start with ball in hand, he has to run out from the break or I win every time he misses....how much do you want to bet now?

Old
  (#51)
jburkm002
AzB Silver Member
jburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond reputejburkm002 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-03-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
In fact, I don't even have to play Oscar to beat him, I'll take the ghost playing him on a table with 4 1/2" corner pockets.....only, he can't start with ball in hand, he has to run out from the break or I win every time he misses....how much do you want to bet now?
If he doesn't have to make a ball on the break. That may be a bad bet.

Old
  (#52)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburkm002 View Post
If he doesn't have to make a ball on the break. That may be a bad bet.
Isn't part of being a run out player, having a powerful enough break to be able to make at least one ball on the break? But even still, even being able to shoot after the break with no ball made, not being able to pick the cue ball up and place it anywhere to start....would require a minimum of running 50% of all racks just to stay even....Oscar has no chance of doing that, let alone beating the ghost. There may be only a had full of players on the planet that could win under those circumstances....so, I'm willing to bet

Old
  (#53)
pip9ball
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2016, 11:13 AM

You opened your mouth about Oscar missing so many shots.... I fired back by saying if he misses so much why don't you try him with the 5 out. Now you want to play the stupid ghost game? Part of Oscars game is safety play... You don't have to be a run out player to win games. You can get the 1 out playing 9 ball with Oscar getting all the breaks....cmon man up and bet something against a player who misses so much.

Old
  (#54)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
You opened your mouth about Oscar missing so many shots.... I fired back by saying if he misses so much why don't you try him with the 5 out. Now you want to play the stupid ghost game? Part of Oscars game is safety play... You don't have to be a run out player to win games. You can get the 1 out playing 9 ball with Oscar getting all the breaks....cmon man up and bet something against a player who misses so much.

I'll tell you what, since I quit playing pool in Jan 1990, that don't make me blind to someone missing balls, I've seen what I've seen. Point was if a player can run out from anywhere on a table with 3 7/8" corner pockets.....one would expect that player to be a force to dominate the 4 1/2" corner pockets tables used in the tournaments today, but....maybe Oscar just can't deal with playing on a table with bigger pockets....maybe he goes blind or something, I don't know....but he's won nothing at the DCC or the US open, and the Turning Stone tournament he did win....had no one of any high caliber in the event....that were all playing somewhere else at the time. But I'll tell ya what, Oscar and I can match up with something we still both do today, and that's working on pool tables. How about we match up doing that? In fact, how about we make it a doubles event, you pick Oscar and Ernesto for your team, bet high, bet everything you've got now, make it worth my while....LOL....and I'll pick Mark Gregory for my team mate....and have both teams rebuild a Gold Crown and see who turns out the best playing 4" corner pocket, 4 1/2" sides pocket table....side by side....anywhere in this country.....I'm sorry, did your balls just jump up into your mouth?.....LMAO

Old
  (#55)
pip9ball
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2016, 07:01 PM

Oh so this is what it's all about... A pissing contest about who's the best table mechanic? Well considering I had to have Ernesto fix my diamond that you setup... I'll take Ernesto any day over you. I can't say anything bad about Mark Gregory because I heard he was does amazing work.

Old
  (#56)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Oh so this is what it's all about... A pissing contest about who's the best table mechanic? Well considering I had to have Ernesto fix my diamond that you setup... I'll take Ernesto any day over you. I can't say anything bad about Mark Gregory because I heard he was does amazing work.

Setting up a factory built pool table has nothing to do with my skills, that's why it's called....a factory pool table, I have no idea what you had Ernesto do to your table....as far as betting goes....just say when and we can get it on, in fact I know where there's some red label Diamonds in California, we can both take a turn at making them play better than the factory did....and see who's plays better when done, how much do you want to bet....we should match up on this one.....

Old
  (#57)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:

And no, this wasn't about a pissing contest as to who the best pool table mechanic is, it was me just simply calling BS when I read it, and that's what I did....called BS on Oscar running out from everywhere on a table with 3 7/8" corner pockets....let alone a Diamond with pockets that tight....YOU started the BS, not me....I simply called BS on Oscars abilities to do so when he couldn't run 2 racks in a row on the TAR table with 4 1/8" pockets when he played Raj.

Old
  (#58)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

09-03-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
... and the Turning Stone tournament he did win....had no one of any high caliber in the event....that were all playing somewhere else at the time. ...
It was a pretty good field, Glen: http://www.azbilliards.com/tours_and...-xiii/results/

Old
  (#59)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
Not saying it was a walk in the park, but quite a few of the world beaters were not playing in it as there was a conflicting tournament going on at the same time in which a lot of the best players on the planet decided to play in, the Filipino players as well as the Taiwanese players and the Chinese players, as well as SVB

Old
  (#60)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

09-03-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Not saying it was a walk in the park, but quite a few of the world beaters were not playing in it as there was a conflicting tournament going on at the same time in which a lot of the best players on the planet decided to play in, the Filipino players as well as the Taiwanese players and the Chinese players, as well as SVB
SVB was one of the players Oscar beat on his path to victory. SVB finished 5th/6th.

I can't find any significant conflicting event. The World 14.1 event started a day after TS ended. A Seminole Pro Tour event was the week before in Florida, and the World Cup of Pool started in Manila 9 days after TS ended; SVB did play in both of those.

Last edited by AtLarge; 09-03-2016 at 10:54 PM.

Page 4 of 6 « First 234 56

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: