Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Jason Shaw, classless?
Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
racetoday
AzB Silver Member
racetoday has a reputation beyond reputeracetoday has a reputation beyond reputeracetoday has a reputation beyond reputeracetoday has a reputation beyond reputeracetoday has a reputation beyond reputeracetoday has a reputation beyond reputeracetoday has a reputation beyond reputeracetoday has a reputation beyond reputeracetoday has a reputation beyond reputeracetoday has a reputation beyond reputeracetoday has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-09-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPoland View Post
Didnít SVB rake the balls and rage quit some bar table event over some petty BS when playing Deuel? I think most pool players have their moments. I try not to hold it against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Everybody deserves a hall pass every now and then.

Old
  (#32)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racetoday View Post
Agreed. Everybody deserves a hall pass every now and then.

I try to be my best as much as I can but itíd be tough if me at my worst was immortalized on the Internet for all to judge.

Old
  (#33)
Denis The Kid
AzB Silver Member
Denis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 02:09 PM

I think Jason is a great talent. Always exciting to watch!! he brings a lot to the sport and he was cheering on his team. In Europe this is normal.

Old
  (#34)
fiftyyardline
AzB Silver Member

fiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond reputefiftyyardline has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 02:31 PM

Re Jayson Shaw waving his arms and getting the crowd involved prior to shooting the 9 ball - he upped the ante this year by doing all that several times with two balls left and at least once with three balls left - with a long pause before shooting the 7 ball. Would have loved to see him choke and fail to finish - but have to give him credit for winning all those games - that takes supreme confidence.

Old
  (#35)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 02:39 PM

Itís the mosconi cup man.. itís just different. He did the same thing to skyler and when skyler came back to win it he shook his hand like a man. Iím cool with him

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#36)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Itís the mosconi cup man.. itís just different. He did the same thing to skyler and when skyler came back to win it he shook his hand like a man. Iím cool with him

Shaw had a smirk saying ďI deserve that,Ē when Skylar showboated before his final 9-ball. I look at it this way. If it wasnít for Shawís prior showboating that wouldnít have been as delicious.

Old
  (#37)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 03:46 PM

He's just another a55hat with a stroke.

I will ignore him, as I always have until he either quits pool or quits being an a55hat.....which ever comes first. Don't matter to me.

The pool world in general would never miss him.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#38)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyyardline View Post
Re Jayson Shaw waving his arms and getting the crowd involved prior to shooting the 9 ball - he upped the ante this year by doing all that several times with two balls left and at least once with three balls left - with a long pause before shooting the 7 ball. Would have loved to see him choke and fail to finish - but have to give him credit for winning all those games - that takes supreme confidence.
Someone had to take Earl's place as the bad boy of pro pool, since Earl is no longer that relevant. Although I don't like Shaw, he has a long ways to go before he approaches Earl's level of disrespect that he consistently has shown towards most of his opponents for most of his career, particularly when things are not going his way.

Old
  (#39)
$TAKE HOR$E
champagne - campaign
$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-09-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyyardline View Post
This is an exact scenario of what happend once at the DCC. Jeanette Lee was playing someone giving up a decent spot and the fella was shooting his case 7 ball dead straight into the corner, maybe slightly above the side pocket. He gets pumped and either hyped his crew up or maybe even took a bathroom break...long story short he dogged that like I did not betting the draw on Fury vs Wilder or Canelo vs GGG 1. Everythingís funny until you look like a dummy

𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝘆...𝗮𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 4% 𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗿𝗮 𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗶𝗳𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝘂𝘆𝗲𝗿𝘀
~ $𝗛

Don't be afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, they will talk about you forever
~ unknown

The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain
~ Bruce Lee

Ya'll warned me, but I didnt listen.....
~ Death Ball

I'm not surprised motherf*%$#@'s
~ Nate Diaz

WWW.MACECUES.COM

DOOM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463005

Old
  (#40)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
Someone had to take Earl's place as the bad boy of pro pool, since Earl is no longer that relevant. Although I don't like Shaw, he has a long ways to go before he approaches Earl's level of disrespect that he consistently has shown towards most of his opponents for most of his career, particularly when things are not going his way.
IMO, it's a bad move to compare Shaw to the Pearl.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Old
  (#41)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
IMO, it's a bad move to compare Shaw to the Pearl.
Can you elaborate? I wasn't comparing him to Earl as far as one of the greatest 9-ball players ever, but in terms of his questionable actions / behavior.

Old
  (#42)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-09-2018, 07:12 PM

This will be my only post on this thread so I hope I explain my opinion the way I mean to.

If every professional pool player acted like Earl and Jayson, pool would be the laughingstock of all sports. Their behavior is detrimental to the game, IMO. So that said, why do we want to give a "pass" to the very few that act that way as compared to the other 90-something percent that act like "professionals"?

I'd rather watch Hunter Lombardo (and his kind) any day as opposed to Jayson/Earl.

Maniac (grew up in old school pool halls where you had to act like a man)

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Cases: JB Ultimate Rugged 3x6, 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#43)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

12-09-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
Can you elaborate? I wasn't comparing him to Earl as far as one of the greatest 9-ball players ever, but in terms of his questionable actions / behavior.
I misunderstood your previous post, reading comprehension on my part was off. It's happening more and more lately.

We're pretty much on the same page after rereading your post.

I dislike Shaw's personality so much ........, that it's hard for his talent to overshadow it...IMO.

If Shaw's performance matched the Pearl's, (to me).... it would be different and I would overlook things a little easier.

To me, its risk vs reward. So far, Shaw's performances is just not worth it. Again, JMO.

Old
  (#44)
ctran
You watch me.
ctran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 07:36 PM

all that from Shaw, making Shane cheeky smile in return and Sky hand to the ear celebration a lot sweeter.

Old
  (#45)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
I misunderstood your previous post, reading comprehension on my part was off. It's happening more and more lately.

We're pretty much on the same page after rereading your post.

I dislike Shaw's personality so much ........, that it's hard for his talent to overshadow it...IMO.

If Shaw's performance matched the Pearl's, (to me).... it would be different and I would overlook things a little easier.

To me, its risk vs reward. So far, Shaw's performances is just not worth it. Again, JMO.
Couldn't agree more... he's a great player, no doubt, absolutely great. Does his talent / play outweigh his ridiculous BS? Not to me it doesn't.

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: