Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Jason Shaw, classless?
Page 4 of 8 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
medallio
AzB Silver Member
medallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond reputemedallio has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-09-2018, 09:15 PM

I think he was hamming it up. Maybe he has an ego, but someone really has to generally be a pos before I think of them as classless

Me thinks....
Old
  (#47)
Ak Guy
AzB Silver Member
Ak Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond reputeAk Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Me thinks.... - 12-09-2018, 11:23 PM

Pool and many other sports have one thing in common. If one is very good at their chosen sport, it almost makes no difference how they behave.

They are just emotional and passionate and caught up in the heat of the moment and their fans forgive and over look their self serving acting out and poor sportsmanship.

Well, there are more important things in life then being good at a sport. Ones character comes to mind. Ay my age I know a dip shit when I see one.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas!

Old
  (#48)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2018, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPoland View Post
Shaw had a smirk saying “I deserve that,” when Skylar showboated before his final 9-ball. I look at it this way. If it wasn’t for Shaw’s prior showboating that wouldn’t have been as delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t remember ever seeing him show boat like that at any other tournament . At the mosconi in front of that crazy crowd you get a pass.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#49)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

12-10-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t remember ever seeing him show boat like that at any other tournament . At the mosconi in front of that crazy crowd you get a pass.
I enjoyed it a lot! Even though the crowd was pulling against USA a lot of times, it was fun to watch. I only wish I was there. I loved the singing in the audience between racking.

Jayson is a cool cat as far as I'm concerned. A lot of males don't like him because he is not afraid to show his strength and bravado. Some men feel threatened when another man shows too much. It's the male dog syndrome. Some males always want to be the alpha dog.

hi
Old
  (#50)
brilliance
AzB Silver Member
brilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond repute

hi - 12-10-2018, 07:18 AM

SVB, Reyes and Ralf Souquet are guys to be example of great personality. Also Alcano and few others.

Playing cue: Josey, Wes Hunter
Jump & Break cue: Gino Ferrari

Old
  (#51)
marek
AzB Silver Member
marek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond reputemarek has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brilliance View Post
SVB, Reyes and Ralf Souquet are guys to be example of great personality. Also Alcano and few others.
Alcano???!? Right...

Old
  (#52)
Chembry
AzB Silver Member
Chembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $TAKE HOR$E View Post
Wasn’t it Shaw that unscrewed for some petty BS at the DCC when he was playing SVB. He may be a great player but what TF does that even matter, if you’re a douche canoe in life it takes away from everything else. Where are the thugs these days, the guy who uncork on someone when they get out of line. It’s the same as all the folks constantly stiffing someone or pulling some shady moves. Time and time again you see the same ol clowns pulling the same ol stunts. I guess the days of someone getting pancaked on the spot are over, because the “pool player code” allows the derelicts to run amock with no consiquences.
Yes, Shaw was complaining about SVB racks in a RYO 9-ball tournament. He made SVB re-rack and still didn't like it. SVB broke and ran that rack. The next rack Shaw inspected the rack and when SVB was getting down to break, Shaw swept the balls and unscrewed his cue. Don't remember the score at the time, but believe the incident is on youtube.

Shane also had a similar incident at a tournament overseas in Asia against Ronnie Alcano. In this tournament the 10-ball had to be called. SVB had straight in 10-ball. The ball was about a foot from the pocket and he didn't call it. Ronnie called him on it and the ref called a foul. SVB just unscrewed his cue and forfeited the match.

Everyone has their moments. I don't care for Shaw, but believe he was just playing a role. He was the first European player to congratulate Sky for the MVP. And I really hope Bergman torches him again in Feb.

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically." Albert Einstein
I do not like it, and I am sorry I ever had anything to do with it. Erwin Schr?dinger (1887-1961) Austrian physicist. Nobel Prize, 1933. Speaking of quantum mechanics.
Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum mechanics cannot possibly have understood it. Niels Henrik David Bohr (1885-1962) Danish physicist.

Old
  (#53)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2018, 08:32 AM

Jayson plays the role of 'Villain' quite well. He is a showman, and a true entertainer. You could tell by the smirk on his face, while Sky celebrated his victory, that Jayson's antics are all for show.

I believe that he pays attention to what people say about him, and he feeds into it. I believe that he is likely just as entertained by the nonsense as the rest of us.

Geoff Bradshaw
Bradshaw Billiard Service

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Old
  (#54)
WinnerBreaks
Registered
WinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond reputeWinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond reputeWinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond reputeWinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond reputeWinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond reputeWinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond reputeWinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond reputeWinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond reputeWinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond reputeWinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond reputeWinnerBreaks has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2018, 10:58 AM

I don't know what they feed the Euro folks over there...but boy are they ever ugly. Between their teeth, Shaw's bat ears, their pathetic attempt at Euro pride...it's just laughable really.

Glad their luck finally ended. Super happy for SVB. He really wanted that combo.

Predator mindset
Old
  (#55)
Imac007
AzB Silver Member
Imac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond repute

Predator mindset - 12-10-2018, 11:27 AM

Some players relentlessly stalk their opponents watching for a chance to pounce. Others are clinical and passionless. They embrace the challenge of the table. Others target getting into the other player’s mind. That tactic often involves trash talk and other sharking moves. Those tactics are outlawed in league and tournament rules. Throwing a player off their rhythm is still often employed. But the time clock in some events stops that as well. However, choosing to tie a player up rather than run the balls is often used to get into heads once their extension is used can tactically get into a player’s head. Their chances seem non-existent and when one does finally occur its importance can seem to be magnified. I find Jayson Shaw to fall into the first category. The no mercy, in for the kill type of player. There is also an element of the surgical passionless table presence, with no regard for the opponent, just the table.

What I find disrespectful and classless, is someone simply implying something by questioning. The fact that a question was asked infers that it is an issue that should be addressed. Combine that with misspelling a persons name reveals more about the person doing the asking than the question. And it doesn’t reveal class.

Old
  (#56)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac007 View Post
Some players relentlessly stalk their opponents watching for a chance to pounce. Others are clinical and passionless. They embrace the challenge of the table. Others target getting into the other player’s mind. That tactic often involves trash talk and other sharking moves. Those tactics are outlawed in league and tournament rules. Throwing a player off their rhythm is still often employed. But the time clock in some events stops that as well. However, choosing to tie a player up rather than run the balls is often used to get into heads once their extension is used can tactically get into a player’s head. Their chances seem non-existent and when one does finally occur its importance can seem to be magnified. I find Jayson Shaw to fall into the first category. The no mercy, in for the kill type of player. There is also an element of the surgical passionless table presence, with no regard for the opponent, just the table.

What I find disrespectful and classless, is someone simply implying something by questioning. The fact that a question was asked infers that it is an issue that should be addressed. Combine that with misspelling a persons name reveals more about the person doing the asking than the question. And it doesn’t reveal class.
I under what you mean by misspelling someone's name but, most people dont do that on purpose as they know it only reflects on them, not on the subject.

I highly doubt the OP misspelled his name on purpose.

As a matter of fact, I've seen his name misspelled at more than one tournament.

You assume, IMO, a little to much. If the OP is like yourself, he may assume you are a fan of Shaw's and are butthurt over his performance........ or should I say say the lack of?

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#57)
hitman22
AzB Silver Member
hitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac007 View Post

Vate maka youz says dat

Old
  (#58)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

12-10-2018, 01:17 PM

The Shaw/Sky finish was absolutely perfect for this event. Matchroom couldn't have scripted it better. It was high drama, and villain and his foil, one full of bravado and the other bringing him down a peg or two, getting his just due.

My favorite thing to have seen in pool, ever. The whole package, the play, the drama...perfect.

Should every tournament be that way? I don't think it would work. But for this event...very, very cool stuff.

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#59)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnerBreaks View Post
I don't know what they feed the Euro folks over there...but boy are they ever ugly. Between their teeth, Shaw's bat ears, their pathetic attempt at Euro pride...it's just laughable really.

Glad their luck finally ended. Super happy for SVB. He really wanted that combo.
Do you really believe 8 straight years of winning the cup was just a luck?

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Old
  (#60)
vjmehra
AzB Silver Member
vjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond reputevjmehra has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vaskovskyi View Post
Do you really believe 8 straight years of winning the cup was just a luck?
Ignore the luck bit...I think we know what he's really getting at...he wants it to be a male model walk-off...Zoolander style next time round ;-)

Page 4 of 8 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: