Reload this Page Support AZ Billiards!
Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Support AZ Billiards!
Old
  (#1)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

Support AZ Billiards! - 05-12-2020, 07:01 PM

Times are tough. Let's do what we can to support Mike and AZ Billiards. Join the Club Membership and get a huge mailbox (500 messages) and a cool gold bar.

Click on "Links" above and support AzB. All the free info and entertainment we get and all the fun, it's worth it. If you decide to join, PM me and we'll make a list.

Here's a link:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/payments.php?

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#2)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-12-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
Times are tough. Let's do what we can to support Mike and AZ Billiards. Join the Club Membership and get a huge mailbox (500 messages) and a cool gold bar.

Click on "Links" above and support AzB. All the free info and entertainment we get and all the fun, it's worth it. If you decide to join, PM me and we'll make a list.

Here's a link:

I'm making a list and writing it twice, everything good and everything nice! I think AZ needs some cheerleaders with pom poms and a marching band as well. So let's help them get all that.

Truthfully, where else do all the pool freaks have to hang out? There's Onepocket.org for those who appreciate that game but AZB caters to any and all when it comes to our sport. Just like being in a pool hall, I've read some crazy stuff on here and some that was downright funny as H! I can get my pool fix on here and I don't have to leave home to do it.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 05-13-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Old
  (#3)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I'm making a list and writing it twice, everything good and everything nice! I think AZ needs some cheerleaders with pom poms and a marching band as well. So let's help them get all that.

Truthfully, where else do all the pool freaks have to hang out? There's Onepocket.org for those who appreciate that game but AZB caters to any and all when it comes to our sport. Just like being a pool hall, I've read some crazy stuff on here and some that was downright funny as H! I can get my pool fix on here and I don't have to leave home to do it.
This is coming from THE MAN himself. Thanks Jay!

www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#4)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-12-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
... I think AZ needs some cheerleaders with pom poms and a marching band as well. So let's help them get all that.
"The marching band refused to yield." These days the band needs the whole field.

It's important to support the things you find valuable even if you're not required to. Otherwise they might go away.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Years ago
Old
  (#5)
Maxx
AzB Platinum Member
Maxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Years ago - 05-12-2020, 07:32 PM

I joined AZ because I found out about TAR and got hooked on the challenge matches. Those were some good matches.
Then I started seeing a lot of cool cues and I was hooked. Made a few friends over the years.

Support AZ, get the Gold Membership, itís worth it just for the bigger mailbox!

Old
  (#6)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2020, 08:11 PM

Is this Mike planning a update? While nothing stops people from forcing things the way they want on their desktop, mobiles are different.

For instance, in Firefox on mobile holding a link to open a new tab doesn't always work due to some "purist" bubbling/capturing reasons Firefox chose to follow regarding table layouts (although, it's been like that for a long time.... ~12 years). The links for page numbering sometimes don't render as block elements in Chrome (they never do in Firefox). Text is run on and resizing in both Chrome and Firefox behaves identical as the page is using tables and viewport isn't utilized.

There's a couple of other things but honestly the 3 in the last paragraph are big. I understand people just want to target Chrome and only Chrome, but Chrome on mobile doesn't have great plugins and believe it or not Mozilla's synch is better than Google's (which is odd), so I stick with FF as much as possible. I'm not hoping for a new layout like the dropped chain Reddit has or anything, honestly the 2 column layout is fine, but actual table elements (table/tr/td) aren't doing mobiles any favors.

FWIW, viewport would help a lot. At least with that if elements fail to render as block or whatever else, they won't default to teeny tiny little things and the tables should/could resize.

EDIT: I'm not interested in an app and I've looked far and wide for a _CURRENT_ plugin on mobile that could force CSS rules and wrap DOM specific instructions, but the last one I remember working was about 8 years ago (Android 5). Searching both Google's and Mozilla's extensions yields no results what so ever. If anyone knows of one that does NOT require root, please share.

Last edited by Cron; 05-12-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Old
  (#7)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch

05-12-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post
Is this Mike planning a update? While nothing stops people from forcing things the way they want on their desktop, mobiles are different.

For instance, in Firefox on mobile holding a link to open a new tab doesn't always work due to some "purist" bubbling/capturing reasons Firefox chose to follow regarding table layouts (although, it's been like that for a long time.... ~12 years). The links for page numbering sometimes don't render as block elements in Chrome (they never do in Firefox). Text is run on and resizing in both Chrome and Firefox behaves identical as the page is using tables and viewport isn't utilized.

There's a couple of other things but honestly the 3 in the last paragraph are big. I understand people just want to target Chrome and only Chrome, but Chrome on mobile doesn't have great plugins and believe it or not Mozilla's synch is better than Google's (which is odd), so I stick with FF as much as possible. I'm not hoping for a new layout like the dropped chain Reddit has or anything, honestly the 2 column layout is fine, but actual table elements (table/tr/td) aren't doing mobiles any favors.

FWIW, viewport would help a lot. At least with that if elements fail to render as block or whatever else, they won't default to teeny tiny little things and the tables should/could resize.
Mike says he's working on the update with an emphasis on mobile. Don't know the specifics but it's in the works.

www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#8)
9andout
Gunnin' for a 2 pack!!
9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:

Here's a link:

Here here!

In training for the "Senior Division" By then I might actually be decent! Still love Earl!!
Lover of shot clocks!

Old
  (#9)
overlord
AzB Silver Member

overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2020, 08:18 PM

I just joined Gold for two years. The power of suggestion.

Old
  (#10)
9andout
Gunnin' for a 2 pack!!
9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:

Here's a link:

Here here!
Just saw I wasn't gold anymore?
Been for a looong time.
Maybe because I changed credit cards?
I gotta double check.

In training for the "Senior Division" By then I might actually be decent! Still love Earl!!
Lover of shot clocks!

Old
  (#11)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

05-12-2020, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the post Tate.

My project at the moment is version 5 of the main site. One of the big positives with version 5 will be true mobile pages.

One other nice thing with the new site will be ease of adding content. We have a ton of content that has accumulated over the last 20 years, and getting it on the current system is a little unwieldy.

I want to convert the forums over to something a little more current. My concern has been making sure that itrader and vbookie will transfer to the new system, and it looks like there is code to transfer those to the software that I want to go to. I am sure the mobile capabilities will be better on that software too. Honestly, the forum migration won't happen until we get the new version of the main site up. Our main site login system is through the forums, so they can't change until then.

Mike

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#12)
Dan_B
AzB Gold Member
Dan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 455

05-12-2020, 09:21 PM

ooops,

clicked the goldmine link and then clicked the join gold membership link and got the 404, twice.

Good time for the mail-it in address, again...

Old
  (#13)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

05-12-2020, 09:39 PM

Dan, exactly which link are you talking about?

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_B View Post
ooops,

clicked the goldmine link and then clicked the join gold membership link and got the 404, twice.

Good time for the mail-it in address, again...

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#14)
ShootingHank
Banned
ShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
Thanks for the post Tate.

My project at the moment is version 5 of the main site. One of the big positives with version 5 will be true mobile pages.

One other nice thing with the new site will be ease of adding content. We have a ton of content that has accumulated over the last 20 years, and getting it on the current system is a little unwieldy.

I want to convert the forums over to something a little more current. My concern has been making sure that itrader and vbookie will transfer to the new system, and it looks like there is code to transfer those to the software that I want to go to. I am sure the mobile capabilities will be better on that software too. Honestly, the forum migration won't happen until we get the new version of the main site up. Our main site login system is through the forums, so they can't change until then.

Mike
Keep up the good work!

AZB is very valuable in the industry, more than you know or probably know.

Remember.....through out the disagreements we are still a close knit community.

I will be a member next pay period.

Old
  (#15)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch

05-12-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
I just joined Gold for two years. The power of suggestion.
You are AWESOME. Thank you!

www.palmercollector.com

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: