Digicue Blue Not Connecting on Android

SeaBrisket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is anybody else having this issue? With plenty of time at home I pulled my Digicue off the shelf after a couple of months of sitting and tried to give it a whirl. Can't get it to connect after multiple attempts over each of the past three days. I tried deleting all data from the app, uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing is getting it to show up as an available device. The hardware piece is still vibrating when I press the button and will respond when I take shots but nothing will register on the app.

When I reinstalled I received a message that said something along the lines of the app may not work because it was built for an earlier version of Android, but the app hasn't been updated for 2 years so that was certainly the case when I was using it before.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you have a new operating system and it’s no longer compatible.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's no reason to bump this, the error message told him what the problem was.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The concept underlying Digicue is brilliant and the only drawback I could see, having tried the device, was
it worked best when you practiced using it with a partner. As a instructional aid for teaching pool, it is very
well suited. I don’t know how financially successful the Digicue product has been to date. I hope it is only a
matter of a new release you can download & if that is the situation, it becomes available really soon. Does
anyone know whether Digicue is still around and being supported with system updates for newer phones?

Matt B.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is anybody else having this issue? With plenty of time at home I pulled my Digicue off the shelf after a couple of months of sitting and tried to give it a whirl. Can't get it to connect after multiple attempts over each of the past three days. I tried deleting all data from the app, uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing is getting it to show up as an available device. The hardware piece is still vibrating when I press the button and will respond when I take shots but nothing will register on the app.

When I reinstalled I received a message that said something along the lines of the app may not work because it was built for an earlier version of Android, but the app hasn't been updated for 2 years so that was certainly the case when I was using it before.

We (or I) no longer have access to the Android app developer. As a matter of fact I was just attempting to write a simple Android app for something new I am developing, and I am pulling my hair out just to draw a few lines on the screen. I would definitely not be of any help in fixing compatibility issues even if I did have access to the code, which I do not. I am a low-level embedded systems programmer and hardware developer, and app development seems to be over my head right now. I apologize.

I did try to give it a good shot.

Addition: By the way, the new project uses a new chip set which will also be used for the next generation DigiCue Blue when I relaunch... so I'm working on it. I think you're going to like them both.

Last edited:

SeaBrisket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We (or I) no longer have access to the Android app developer. As a matter of fact I was just attempting to write a simple Android app for something new I am developing, and I am pulling my hair out just to draw a few lines on the screen. I would definitely not be of any help in fixing compatibility issues even if I did have access to the code, which I do not. I am a low-level embedded systems programmer and hardware developer, and app development seems to be over my head right now. I apologize.

Addition: By the way, the new project uses a new chip set which will also be used for the next generation DigiCue Blue when I relaunch... so I'm working on it. I think you're going to like them both.

I appreciate the response. Do you think a new battery might help if the old battery is still responding to strokes but the device is not communicating to my phone?

temme

Addition: By the way, the new project uses a new chip set which will also be used for the next generation DigiCue Blue when I relaunch... so I'm working on it. I think you're going to like them bot
Good news. I have not tried the DigiCue Blue but would like to purchase it. Should I wait until re-launch, if so do you have any timeline? Or should I scour ebay etc and find one (I'm apple)?

Mosens

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A few years ago some Android security changes related to Bluetooth required us to update the QMD3 software (see cue-md.com) so it would keep working. Don't know if this also effected the DigiCue software but it's possible, anyone with a DigiCue and a current Anroid device may be able to tell.

Shameless plug - 'The QMD - world's first and most advanced digital Pool Stroke Trainer/Analyzer'.....

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good news. I have not tried the DigiCue Blue but would like to purchase it. Should I wait until re-launch, if so do you have any timeline? Or should I scour ebay etc and find one (I'm apple)?
There are 10 new DigiCue BLUEs for sale on ebay at a very reasonable price.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got it and it won't connect, messed with it for an hour got.one reading. Thoughts?
Do you have an Android? Is it an older phone? Can you switch modes by pressing the button three times and do you get different vibration patterns when you switch modes? Does the digicue work with a cue ball even without connecting?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So if Digicue is having problems connecting with an Android app, what exactly does it work with?

Some folks have raised question about older phones. I realize that a newer version is underway
based upon reading these posts. It kinda seems like unless you are certain your tablet or phone
will work with Digicue, and maybe someone can respond with what it does successfully connect
with, it would be smart to just wait for the new version whenever it eventually does become available.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So if Digicue is having problems connecting with an Android app, what exactly does it work with?

Some folks have raised question about older phones. I realize that a newer version is underway
based upon reading these posts. It kinda seems like unless you are certain your tablet or phone
will work with Digicue, and maybe someone can respond with what it does successfully connect
with, it would be smart to just wait for the new version whenever it eventually does become available.
The DigiCue BLUE connects with all Apple phones and all Android phones (EDIT: with BLE of course)

I have fixed the old-Android-phone issue recently with a firmware update.

Last edited:

temme

Do you have an Android? Is it an older phone? Can you switch modes by pressing the button three times and do you get different vibration patterns when you switch modes? Does the digicue work with a cue ball even without connecting?
Thank you for the response. I got it and it's up and running consistently for the last few days. I'm getting some great feedback and it's pretty awesome. The youtube videos that are out there were very helpful, for anyone having issues I would start there.