2013 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
77 on 23th of jan.
Wonderfully stuck between balls trying to open 8 clustered balls. Then making kickshot......and whitey scratched.
7 or 8 combos....lol.but really happy.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

This is the situation i ended that run-- finally i tried to make the kickshot near the sidepocket-made it with a higher speed dead center pocket..but whitey found its way also into the cornerpocket -_-

Attachments

• stuckdeluxe1.jpg
    stuckdeluxe1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 217
  • stuckdeluxe2.jpg
    stuckdeluxe2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 225
  • stuckdeluxe3.jpg
    stuckdeluxe3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 227

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member

Ratta, looking at the photo, you were really stuck big time. I rather end a run with being stuck than a miss. The 77 was a very good run. The kick was a good attempt. I also see a push shot on the 15 ball combo the 7 in the side. Or, the 10 ball off the 3 in the lower right corner. All are poor shots but worth trying to keep a run going when one is practicing. If it was a match. I would of played a safe off the 10 ball by using right hand english to the right side right rail, spinning down table to the bottom rail.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Sure my friend. In a match ofc a safety (foul)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the situation i ended that run-- finally i tried to make the kickshot near the sidepocket-made it with a higher speed dead center pocket..but whitey found its way also into the cornerpocket -_-

The 6 looks like a try. Jack up and jump thru the balls.

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
25 for my best so far. I'm playing better, but the tighter pockets are making it much harder. I can't make a combo to save my life. The cue ball still thinks the pockets are buckets. It has no problem going in the hole.lol

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
Wish i could list my 40 years of running 10 and 15 and 25 then missing !

If i could list my 40 years of runs that ended during the 1st rack, then maybe an occasional high run wouldn't raise such eye brows !!!

Dear moderator, please remove my high run stats, and remove me completely from this thread.

I will not tolerate be called a liar by anyone.

topcat1953

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Opened my game against my opponent with a 57 today on the way to 125.

Lancaster Elks Club, #134.

My opponent answered the call and drew close at 88-71, my favor. I gained control of the table and run 22 with a break shot and needing the rack to win. Making the break shot and spreading the ball wide open, I received an unfavorable bump and was left with only one shot of a thin cut along the rail to the corner at the head of the table. I dogged it a bit and left it hanging. My opponent finished off the rack, run the next rack, ending up with a reasonable breaker. Upon making the break shot, he was faced with a delicate shot along the foot rail, which he mistakenly bunted and left me with the 14 balls I needed.

Twas a good win for me. 125-99. Though I played a little weak after the 57.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Opened my game against my opponent with a 57 today on the way to 125.

Lancaster Elks Club, #134.

My opponent answered the call and drew close at 88-71, my favor. I gained control of the table and run 22 with a break shot and needing the rack to win. Making the break shot and spreading the ball wide open, I received an unfavorable bump and was left with only one shot of a thin cut along the rail to the corner at the head of the table. I dogged it a bit and left it hanging. My opponent finished off the rack, run the next rack, ending up with a reasonable breaker. Upon making the break shot, he was faced with a delicate shot along the foot rail, which he mistakenly bunted and left me with the 14 balls I needed.

Twas a good win for me. 125-99. Though I played a little weak after the 57.

Nice Job TopCat, bigger numbers are right around the corner !!

-Steve

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Count me in

As of today my high run is 9...no that's not a typo I mean 9. Figured I'd throw my number out there so as i post my videos and improve you guys can follow me from terribleness to mediocrity!

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
As of today my high run is 9...no that's not a typo I mean 9. Figured I'd throw my number out there so as i post my videos and improve you guys can follow me from terribleness to mediocrity!

TommyLee:

Don't worry -- keep posting up those numbers, learn as much as you can, and that's the only direction those numbers will go -- "up"!

Actually, speaking only for myself (but hopefully echoing the sentiments of others), I love to hear when new high runs are established -- like some personal goals were finally achieved and realized.

Glad you're onboard, and eager to see that 9 busted in short order!
-Sean

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice Job TopCat, bigger numbers are right around the corner !!

-Steve

I agree! Like I mentioned in my post to GLauchle, if he strings a few of those together with safeties in-between, that's what wins matches lickety-split!

Nice run, TopCat!
-Sean

Wofgang144

straight-pool lover
back in the land of plenty

Hi there and thank you,
thanks to the many Vid's and advices in the 14-1 forum, I could run a three digit number again.
after 26 Month of starvation, I got lucky again and run 113 on Feb. 12 (Which is double my age plus one)
Sorry, no Vid but i tried to upload the Scorecard, signed and dated by my opponent

... PDF too big, snapshot too big, sry can't get it uploaded, any hints?

Last edited:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
113.... great run

Hi there and thank you,
thanks to the many Vid's and advices in the 14-1 forum, I could run a three digit number again.
after 26 Month of starvation, I got lucky again and run 113 on Feb. 12 (Which is double my age plus one)
Sorry, no Vid but i tried to upload the Scorecard, signed and dated by my opponent

... PDF too big, snapshot too big, sry can't get it uploaded, any hints?

By reading your comment. It sounds like you ran the 113 in a tournament or a league match, is that correct? Congrats on the excellent run.