Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Rhea the new Chapter, without Gene
Page 20 of 40 « First 10181920 212230 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#286)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-25-2013, 07:40 AM

I watched Ginky give a C player the 1 through 9, yes, every ball, but Ginky got all the breaks. Ginky won...easily. If he broke dry, the C player never saw daylight, if he made a ball, Ginky ran out.

Against a strong C or a B, who knows? If someone can kick pretty well and also get lucky with the leaves, maybe.

J

Old
  (#287)
TheLoneSilencer
AzB Silver Member
TheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
I watched Ginky give a C player the 1 through 9, yes, every ball, but Ginky got all the breaks. Ginky won...easily. If he broke dry, the C player never saw daylight, if he made a ball, Ginky ran out.

Against a strong C or a B, who knows? If someone can kick pretty well and also get lucky with the leaves, maybe.

J
Now that is strong!

Old
  (#288)
TheLoneSilencer
AzB Silver Member
TheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLoneSilencer has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
Last night I made a mistake. But I learned a lesson from it. I played a very well known champion a $150 set with not enough weight for a fair chance but it did put me in my place and might get me a little more action while I am here. Anyway I have a match today with a strong local girl and the steak horse that backed joey gray against me last night will be steaking this lady tonight. From the gossip this match is going to be super tough both ways so I am going to have to give it my best go.
I wish you the best of luck but for your sake, stay far away from players of that speed. I don't care what you say your game is at currently, no game exists that you could get that in which you would actually win.

You are better off working your way up to someone like that unless they want to play for free which it would not hurt.

Plus biting off a big fish is not the smartest way of getting action. Clearly you have a lot to learn in terms of how & when to get action & when to back off for a better opportunity.

Old
  (#289)
scratchs
AzB Silver Member
scratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond reputescratchs has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 08:48 AM

Merry Christmas Rhea..I hope you are with friends or family today , an not just hanging out in a motel room..been there a few times an it sucks..
best of wishs to you for the New year too.

Old
  (#290)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 09:05 AM

[QUOTE=sonny_burnett;4510774]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolguy4u View Post
I don't know what a nit is...but I do know what happened to gambling.

Must be a younger player

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No, I'm an older player and the word nit must of come out when I stop traveling and hustling pool and other things.

Either Max was off or.....
Old
  (#291)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

Either Max was off or..... - 12-25-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
Im a B speed player. I played Max Eberle getting 4 on the wire going to 8, and the last 3. After playing abour 7-8 hours, I was only stuck 1 set. So it is possible to hang with/beat a pro.
Either Max was having a bad day or you were getting out with the spot he gave you.

Like I said, playing guys that speed requires that you can get out 90+% of the time with the spot you get. Combine that with enough games on the wire and it can make a difference, otherwise you are screwed.

Jaden

Old
  (#292)
nobcitypool
AzB Silver Member
nobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 10:01 AM

Gambling with a player the caliber of Joey Grey doesnt bode well for your chances of future success. That's not gambling, that's giving your money away. If you want to pay for a lesson, work out the terms and just do it.

Playing Cue: Jensen with Revo 12.4 Shaft
Break Cue: OB Rift

Old
  (#293)
prad
Flip the coin
prad has a reputation beyond reputeprad has a reputation beyond reputeprad has a reputation beyond reputeprad has a reputation beyond reputeprad has a reputation beyond reputeprad has a reputation beyond reputeprad has a reputation beyond reputeprad has a reputation beyond reputeprad has a reputation beyond reputeprad has a reputation beyond reputeprad has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Either Max was having a bad day or you were getting out with the spot he gave you.

Like I said, playing guys that speed requires that you can get out 90+% of the time with the spot you get. Combine that with enough games on the wire and it can make a difference, otherwise you are screwed.

Jaden
IMO don't play a pro player with a motive of winning money from them unless you play a ball or two under their speed. Due to their experience and seasoning they can give you a "spot" that might look good on paper to your "untrained" eyes and you still can find yourself on the loosing end.
Most of the time pros are nice enough to play very cheap, try to play them something cheap to really know where your game stands. When you watch them playing perfect and looking really loose then you start to appreciate how much better they are from your average A player. At least by doing it cheaper you are not hurting your pocket.
Having said that if you do want to match up with a pro or even like with a lot better player the one thing that you must do is "take the break" away from them. Usually for a pro player spotting you last 4 balls isint a big deal cuz usually they are suppose to run out in that situation.

Old
  (#294)
rayjay
some of the kids
rayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

12-25-2013, 10:20 AM

Merry Christmas Rhea, hope this is a great year ahead for you.

Old
  (#295)
Charlie Hustle
AzB Silver Member
Charlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:

Jaden
Max was playing well. He had just got thru crushing the 9 ball, then the 10 ball ghost. That's when I said fvck it, I have a better chance playing him myself. The key for me was to win the first game. Its a great feeling moving your coin over the side pocket and starting a set 5-0. Obviously from that point he had to beat me 8-3. On the sets that he won the first 1 or 2 games, it made it extremely hard on me to keep it close or win. Id play again the same way, I don't think either one of us is stealing.

Also forgot to add, When I initially asked Max how he would match up with a B player for $100 a set, he said "no B player has ever asked me to gamble" ; )

"U told me you wanna go on the road for a month...if we can't go to Charlie's house and beat him, we cant go nowhere" - David Parker

Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 12-25-2013 at 11:22 AM.

were you getting out with that pot 90%???
Old
  (#296)
Jaden
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

were you getting out with that pot 90%??? - 12-25-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Max was playing well. He had just got thru crushing the 9 ball, then the 10 ball ghost. That's when I said fvck it, I have a better chance playing him myself. The key for me was to win the first game. Its a great feeling moving your coin over the side pocket and starting a set 5-0. Obviously from that point he had to beat me 8-3. On the sets that he won the first 1 or 2 games, it made it extremely hard on me to keep it close or win. Id play again the same way, I don't think either one of us is stealing.

Also forgot to add, When I initially asked Max how he would match up with a B player for $100 a set, he said "no B player has ever asked me to gamble" ; )
I bet that set you were getting out 90%...and or hitting your safes 90%...

that's the key with matching up against top players. You have to get a spot that you're going to get out 90+% or you have no chance, sometimes even if you do, you still have no chance.

Jaden

Old
  (#297)
Charlie Hustle
AzB Silver Member
Charlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I bet that set you were getting out 90%...and or hitting your safes 90%...

that's the key with matching up against top players. You have to get a spot that you're going to get out 90+% or you have no chance, sometimes even if you do, you still have no chance.

Jaden
Im not sure about 90% of the time but I was playing in my top gear. Obviously going back and forth all night, you have to be against a player of Max' caliber. Merry Christmas brother.

"U told me you wanna go on the road for a month...if we can't go to Charlie's house and beat him, we cant go nowhere" - David Parker

You too...
Old
  (#298)
Jaden

You too... - 12-25-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Im not sure about 90% of the time but I was playing in my top gear. Obviously going back and forth all night, you have to be against a player of Max' caliber. Merry Christmas brother.
Merry Christmas to you too... None of that happy holidays stuff. Anyone's welcome to wish me Happy Chanaka or even Kwanza, but I'll wish everyone a Merry Christmas...

Jaden

better
Old
  (#299)
bmsclayton
AzB Silver Member
bmsclayton has a reputation beyond reputebmsclayton has a reputation beyond reputebmsclayton has a reputation beyond reputebmsclayton has a reputation beyond reputebmsclayton has a reputation beyond reputebmsclayton has a reputation beyond reputebmsclayton has a reputation beyond reputebmsclayton has a reputation beyond reputebmsclayton has a reputation beyond reputebmsclayton has a reputation beyond reputebmsclayton has a reputation beyond repute

better - 12-25-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
Last night I made a mistake. But I learned a lesson from it. I played a very well known champion a $150 set with not enough weight for a fair chance but it did put me in my place and might get me a little more action while I am here. Anyway I have a match today with a strong local girl and the steak horse that backed joey gray against me last night will be steaking this lady tonight. From the gossip this match is going to be super tough both ways so I am going to have to give it my best go.
you must be playing a lot better as we used to play about even. Chip and Joey gave me the 5,7 break and beat me out of 21 games. I kept hooking them and they kept kicking balls in. It was like a nightmare.

Old
  (#300)
jamesroberts
"Unheralded Amateur"
jamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

12-25-2013, 02:35 PM

I agree with John Barton, there is always a spot available that makes it gambling and from what it sounds like they were playing super cheap. Someone trying to improve should play people like Joey Gray cheap, not to get their head kicked in but to see how to play the correct way, how to play shape etc.

Page 20 of 40 « First 10181920 212230 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: