Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Pool Cue Extension
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Balance Rite- Multi Uses
Old
  (#31)
rhatten
AzB Silver Member
rhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Balance Rite- Multi Uses - 12-24-2013, 03:48 AM

I love shooting with an extended cue... and these extensions rock!... I received a couple of these this past week just as an experiment. As for as the aesthetics, I'm re-shooting mine (soon) with either Black carbon fiber or Complete Gloss Black with CA over sealer. The real cool thing about these is that you can jump between joint pins by simply replacing the back insert (ie 5/16 14 M/F extension unit is switched to a mixed System of 5/16 14-Male with a 5/16 18 Female insert) With this now my New MEZZ WX900 United Joint (5/16 14) now fits my 5/16 18 pinned cues. ..OR any combination you want...ie Uniloc, 3/8 10 etc

Now if you REALLY want to see something special... try this if you get a chance.... I happen have the new Predator Air 2 (like $160 online now- awesome jumper btw) that has the Uniloc 'quick disconnect joint' on the last section of the this jump Cue. Well with this Balance rite extension you can quickly add 2 oz to the cue making this 47" jump cue now a 50" incher that can now double as a SUPER Lite weight, SUPER FAST and POWERFUL Breaker!!! When I tell you I've tried to break the cue ball in half on a break shot more than 50 time in a row 3 days ago, I mean I tried to shatter this cue with full on force from the back section (just behind the B-R extention) of this AIR 2 Jumper. Btw YOU Must have good fundamentals to deliver a power break that sounds like a 45 going off. Balls going everywhere and good control of the CB. Immediately a jump shot is avail (with 2 quick turns) if necessary, after the Crush. I'm still hurting on my right shoulder and biceps from swinging so hard so many times trying to make the joints fail. It never even flinched.

This is a SOLID joint extension to say the least and MAN does it do a lot of jobs with a little 'extra work'. After moving an once or so out of the butt of some of my 'adjustable' cue buts, I now shoot with it 100% of the time without changing it out during a match. Personally I like the forward weight change. With this extension, I now have a new "set of CUES" (if I want) that are 62" to 64" that Hit so much better. Even my "Cheap Cues" with this extension and the high dollar shafts on board play awesome. I have over looked this tool in the past and now that I have put some time into in have a new prospective of what i can do with this... including making my high dollar shafts (and cue butts) 'Cross Platform' and "lengthy" like I like. Aesthetics are always adjustable at this expense level... imo

For what a new LD shaft cost these days there no reason this shouldn't be in the arsenal considering what shots I can now actually reach that are > than 3/4 length of the table and can do with it without even thinking about having to go adjust it mid match. Also I like being able to hold the cue mid grip as the balance point as opposed to the back of the Cue where most of the weight is normally.

I really like what this has to offer. Thanks to whoever made it avail. I couldn't find the manufacturing Company but its a solid product at a reasonable price.. I now have lets say more than 4 that I have modified for my cues to play 100% of the time with them on.. My set of extensions (some of which I'm modified for 'cross platform' use) is still less then 1/2 of what my Mezz WX900's or my my 30" Z2 cost.

Great Product imo,

Randy

Old
  (#32)
jeffj2h
AzB Silver Member

jeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond reputejeffj2h has a reputation beyond repute

12-24-2013, 08:40 AM

I have the Tony Ryan extension and highly recommend it. Quick and easy on and off. When I am down on a shot, extended, and having to hold the very back end of the cue, I get up and grab the extension. What it solves is it allows you to have a normal follow through, as opposed to miscuing.

Old
  (#33)
1minute1pocket
AzB Bronze Member
1minute1pocket is on a distinguished road

vCash: 625

12-25-2013, 04:53 AM

Randy, did you order the extension with different threads or did you modify them yourself? Definitely something I'm gonna try.

Old
  (#34)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-25-2013, 05:36 AM

That looks like it would take a lot of time to install.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#35)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewSharkster View Post
I havent used it but I promise that it does change the weight and balance. It potentially could change other things too...
Did you actually try it? There is a player on these boards that has an extension on his playing cue between the butt and shaft and he seems to do alright with it. And IIRC, he said it didn't change things significantly (enough for him not to keep it on 100%).

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#36)
thekaiserman
AzB Silver Member
thekaiserman has a reputation beyond reputethekaiserman has a reputation beyond reputethekaiserman has a reputation beyond reputethekaiserman has a reputation beyond reputethekaiserman has a reputation beyond reputethekaiserman has a reputation beyond reputethekaiserman has a reputation beyond reputethekaiserman has a reputation beyond reputethekaiserman has a reputation beyond reputethekaiserman has a reputation beyond reputethekaiserman has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 06:37 AM

Anyone who is looking for a light easy install extension, check out the Bazooka from the Drill Instructor
Just google bazooka cue extension lots of sources

Last edited by thekaiserman; 12-25-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Old
  (#37)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member
Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 02:17 PM

The Longoni 3lobite system is a brilliant solution, that can be installed on most cues.
It's a more practical and elegant solution.
Works very much like the Mezz extension.

Cold silence
has a tendency
to atrophy any
sense of compassion

Old
  (#38)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
Did you actually try it? There is a player on these boards that has an extension on his playing cue between the butt and shaft and he seems to do alright with it. And IIRC, he said it didn't change things significantly (enough for him not to keep it on 100%).
It would have to change the weight and balance point. That's just common sense. I'm not saying I couldn't adjust to it but it's going to change the cue a bit.

Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#39)
jamesroberts
"Unheralded Amateur"
jamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond reputejamesroberts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

12-25-2013, 02:56 PM

Im sure Fred is talking about me, I use the balance rite and I have been using it for about 4 months and I like it. I am about 6'6 so I could use the extra length for arm swing. It took me about 5 minutes to adjust to the weight, but I leave it on 100% of the time

Old
  (#40)
trob
AzB Silver Member

12-25-2013, 03:08 PM

We have a tall dude who plays with his cuetec extension all the time. I"m sure it changed the way it played a bit but being that tall you need a longer cue and like anything I'm sure you get used to it before long

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesroberts View Post
Im sure Fred is talking about me, I use the balance rite and I have been using it for about 4 months and I like it. I am about 6'6 so I could use the extra length for arm swing. It took me about 5 minutes to adjust to the weight, but I leave it on 100% of the time

Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury

Old
  (#41)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I wasn't talking about you James, but I'm glad someone chimed in. I tried the Schuler extension once and if there was a difference, it was so minute that it wouldn't take much time at to get used to. And I'm 5'7" and don't hold the cue near the end.

Freddie <~~~ looking to buy a Schuler extension still

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#42)
rhatten
AzB Silver Member
rhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond reputerhatten has a reputation beyond repute

12-26-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1minute1pocket View Post
Randy, did you order the extension with different threads or did you modify them yourself? Definitely something I'm gonna try.
I did them my-self (I do have some skills and love to try new things as well without breaking the bank or trying to reinvent the wheel) but you can get a Cue maker (mechanic) to switch out the female Inserts for you... just make sure them have the inserts in stock. The inserts from Altas is very reasonable cost wise if you'd like to provide them to the maker. Then all he would need is his epoxy and a puller 'mechanism' (ie on an extra joint pin, jam lock a 'nut set' on to the female insert face at the back of the extension piece - heat tape to block the wood- an fire up the torch to the back end of the extruded 'locked on' joint pin...then unscrew 'pin group'-with locked on insert with vice ). Then re-tap the wood with 5/16 20 tap for the new insert 'lock in' threads from Atlas. (See their pdf for instructions... pretty simple). Epoxy, Clean up, wait 24-48 hrs to load.

Then you can then enjoy your new high dollar shafts with your custom cross platform Balance Rite extensions. A little time, a little investment goes along way with this tool. I now prefer shooting with a longer cue (like a lot of Pro's do) and this is a unique way to jump in and give it and honest look with breaking the bank.

Randy

Old
  (#43)
rhatten
AzB Silver Member

12-26-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Same here James... about 2-4 racks and it just 'Fits'. I'm only 5'7" but I also have a pretty long bridge like many taller players that enjoy using 'longer aim line' references (Cue or otherwise). Oh and the shots I can now reach at full table length is a least greater by 20-30% with going for the bridge. My new Predator Throne Cue (that I won here on AZ this month-soon to be released in Jan 2014) allows for quick butt weight adjustments with their P3 cartridge system. This was great for testing a range of cue weights while using this extension.

I find that the Balance Rite 2oz of weight added to the front of the joint just feels better and a gives more spontaneous feedback as to the hit because its kinda like 'pushing the weight of the Cue' to the CB in stead of 'pulling the weight' from the butt end . I have removed an once from the butt weight of my cues to equal out the total weight and it REALLY hits straighter especially noticeable with the new LD shafts (I'm using the Z2's and the New Mezz WX900 with the Ki-tech mediums...average 19-21.5 oz on multiple cues 6-8, with the extention on and they all play awesome... even my "less expensive" cues. The hit, cue sounds, etc remain the same between the cues using the same Shaft/tip configuration.

This is a great little tool imo that JUMPS many GAPS cue manufacture leave on the table in order to "fit in" their cues to some "normal range" for the masses.... This would also include things like Case design norms 'from the past', mass cue productions 'standard length' considerations etc. Times/technology has changed, Tastes and Shoot Styles have Changed, Aiming Techniques have changed just like shafts, tips, and the way cues are assembled. This concept is a good way to inexpensively test the waters for yourself.

Its fast and easy to adapt to ... I use it now 100% of the time.. its not just for tournament pros either.

Randy

Old
  (#44)
Jim Baxter
AzB Silver Member

Jim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

12-26-2013, 10:31 AM

Seems to me there is something about forfeiting a match if you break your cue down ??? O.K. to remove a extention at the but , but removing your shaft , means you quit ??

Custom Joint Protectors for Sale

Contact info Ph. 253-226-0932 Never text me ................ Email jbaxte@earthlink.net

Old
  (#45)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

12-26-2013, 11:26 AM

Tony Ryan Extender.....12" Oak.....get the optional carrying case......strap it to your cue case like a rifle scabbard.......IMO, the very best pool cue extender made..

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: