Emotional win for Shaw
Old
  (#1)
Danimal
AzB Silver Member
Danimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond reputeDanimal has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Emotional win for Shaw - 01-26-2016, 11:52 AM

After defeating Shane last night in the Bigfoot finals, Jayson Shaw was clearly very affected by his victory and moved to tears.

Jayson recently faced SVB at the conclusion of the Make It Happen 10 ball event, and after steamrolling through all his matches, his finesse break abandoned him in the finals.

In the Bigfoot, his break was very much on and his shotmaking was in full bloom. It was obvious he was not going to let opportunity slip by him again. All the hard work and buildup to that moment (I can't recall him ever besting Shane in such an important match) was released in a vulnerable moment last night, and that relief was evident throughout his whole being.

Old
  (#2)
boogeyman
AzB Silver Member
boogeyman has a reputation beyond reputeboogeyman has a reputation beyond reputeboogeyman has a reputation beyond reputeboogeyman has a reputation beyond reputeboogeyman has a reputation beyond reputeboogeyman has a reputation beyond reputeboogeyman has a reputation beyond reputeboogeyman has a reputation beyond reputeboogeyman has a reputation beyond reputeboogeyman has a reputation beyond reputeboogeyman has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
After defeating Shane last night in the Bigfoot finals, Jayson Shaw was clearly very affected by his victory and moved to tears.

Jayson recently faced SVB at the conclusion of the Make It Happen 10 ball event, and after steamrolling through all his matches, his finesse break abandoned him in the finals.

In the Bigfoot, his break was very much on and his shotmaking was in full bloom. It was obvious he was not going to let opportunity slip by him again. All the hard work and buildup to that moment (I can't recall him ever besting Shane in such an important match) was released in a vulnerable moment last night, and that relief was evident throughout his whole being.
Good for Shaw.
He's still maturing and still getting better.
It will be interesting to see how far he goes.

Old
  (#3)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 562

01-26-2016, 12:31 PM

After such a shot making demonstration with table-length jumps, banks, firing shots in like the 5 X 10 was a bar table, I'm sure that the win was a huge emotional release for him.

Everyone knew he was a straight shooter, but doing what he did on the 5 X 10 was just incredible to watch.

Old
  (#4)
oldplayer
AzB Silver Member
oldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-26-2016, 12:38 PM

do we ever get to see it on some stream or other?

Old
  (#5)
Maxx
AzB Platinum Member
Maxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-26-2016, 12:53 PM

Accu-stats will have it for sale later. It was pretty amazing to watch.

As good as the 10' matches were, I miss seeing the banks. I know the finals will be on, but for me, the bank tournament is more fun to watch.

Old
  (#6)
7forlife
AzB Silver Member
7forlife has a reputation beyond repute7forlife has a reputation beyond repute7forlife has a reputation beyond repute7forlife has a reputation beyond repute7forlife has a reputation beyond repute7forlife has a reputation beyond repute7forlife has a reputation beyond repute7forlife has a reputation beyond repute7forlife has a reputation beyond repute7forlife has a reputation beyond repute7forlife has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2016, 01:26 PM

So looks like the new team takes down it first events in it's first go.

Why did you spend the money on a Predator shaft, your problem is aiming not deflection

The less you BET, the more you lose when you WIN

I'm sorry to tell you but your problem was not bad rolls, it was bad decisions

Old
  (#7)
gbru
AzB Silver Member
gbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond reputegbru has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

01-26-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
Accu-stats will have it for sale later. It was pretty amazing to watch.

As good as the 10' matches were, I miss seeing the banks. I know the finals will be on, but for me, the bank tournament is more fun to watch.

Ditto... I bought the package deal and watched 10 ball Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday...and now they've put it up has a filler till the lonely one a two bank matches start at 6 PM today.

I won't ever buy the package again. It used to be very entertaining watching the Bank Pool Matches until Mark Wilson , Jay and a few others nudged them out of the equation to make way for continuos 10 ball for 4 straight days.

I understand the problem with the 10 foot table in the TV arena but something needs to be changed to give "Bank Pool" a chance to survive.

Two full days of 10 ball would be plenty.

gbru

Old
  (#8)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
Good for Shaw.
He's still maturing and still getting better.
It will be interesting to see how far he goes.
Can you imagine how good he's gonna get when he discovers position?

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: