Dennis Searing is making tips now

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad the OP put this out. Might have to get a some to try.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
No, there currently is not a wait list. Probably would only ever happen if he ran out of them?

Only you can decide if they are better than Ultra Skins. Opinions vary.

He did not rebrand any tip, he had them made to his requests. I do not think any of us can control someone else's drooling problem.

Dennis does not charge $400 for a shaft and no tip is going to give you that performance.

I am sure Tony is happy with his current situation and given the choice, would rather have come with a million dollar idea verses a tip he makes a buck off of.

You should stick with what makes you happy. I mean, "They are only thin slices of leather, held together with glue after all."

I know Dennis pretty well, but asking him to press his own "poo" is just not something I have ever thought of. You might be able to corner the market on that idea?

So let me get this straight, a guy who has more cue work than he can do, decides to sell tips, that don't bare his name actually, for really penny on the dollar profit, compared to building his own cues or shafts, is taking advantage of his name?

No, I would not. Again, as the same with the "Poo" and "Drooling", I just have no knowledge of anyone "cutting off their dicks". And I do not know of anyone paying 4 grand for a bar cue with a shaft, but if someone wants something bad enough and they actually can afford it, its their business, not mine.

He did make it past grade 1 (?) and used a pen. He does that because he measures them himself to insure they are graded correctly. I guess he could have added some flare to those S M or Q. Shame on him.

I hope this answer some of your questions. I hope you have a nice day.

Someone gets it.....:thumbup:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Will there also be a ten year waiting list for these?

And exactly what will make them better than say, Ultra Skins for an example.

Because of his name? So, he can re brand any single layer tip currently on the market, and people will be drooling on them and paying 50 bucks to have a Searing tip on their shaft.

Hey, if you can't own a 400 dollar Searing shaft, at least it can have a Searing tip on it, and it will play like one.

Black Boar Tony should have thought of this many Moons ago.

I'll stay with Skins, Talisman, Black King, Navigator and a few others that have proven themselves to me and my customers over the years. After all, there comes a point in time, even with Cue Tips that one can't reinvent the wheel, or cue tips, right. They are only thin slices of leather, held together with glue after all.

Serious, Dennis has made a name for himself over the decades, and rightly so, he has earned that right. But at this point in time, with new pool cue equipment and now the race to see who has the best cue tip, the guy could press his own poo and people would be paying 50 bucks to put it on their shafts.

Dennis is merely taking advantage of his name. Is he actually making them himself in his shop, or contracting it out to someone else and he is putting his name on the box.

Would you purchase a Terry Ashton tip over a Dennis Searing tip, even if mine were better. Dennis can put one of his shafts on a refurbished bar cue, stamp an S on the butt cap, and people would be cutting off their dicks and adding 4 grand to it to own one. What does that tell you.

OMG, I just looked at a picture of them. Appears that a grade one student scribed the S, M, and H on them with a metal awl.

Are you really this stupid? He is charging $10 you dumbass.

He also doesn't want his name to sell them, he wants their performance to sell them.

Go back to bed for a few hrs, then wake up and try again, cause you are being an ahole today
Jason

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you really this stupid? He is charging $10 you dumbass.

He also doesn't want his name to sell them, he wants their performance to sell them.

Go back to bed for a few hrs, then wake up and try again, cause you are being an ahole today
Jason

I'm starting to think this place lacks positivity.:grin-square:

But I have to say and I never thought I would. You are ABSOLUTELY correct.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Honestly I'm not sure how many ways you can make a cue tip anymore. When a new tips come out, its all the rage... then about a year in the quality goes down hill and your in the hit or miss territory for getting a good one or a bad one. We all know that Mr. Searing is about 'Quality'. It will be interesting to see if he can command that type QC to tips over a period of time.

You wont have to "see"... He is making sure of it. Guaranteed. THAT is the whole reason for doing them...

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You wont have to "see"... He is making sure of it. Guaranteed. THAT is the whole reason for doing them...

you can never question the integrity of his product.

but, i have to wonder what percentage of his cues are going to people who had never even heard of him when i first went on the list something like 12 years ago.

i'll try them when i get my cue.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
you can never question the integrity of his product.

but, i have to wonder what percentage of his cues are going to people who had never even heard of him when i first went on the list something like 12 years ago.

i'll try them when i get my cue.

Yep, they are going on all his cues. Hope you get it eventually.
Jason

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
Awesome Dave, glad I logged in today because I love trying new tips and products!!!!!!
Dave, don't let some of the people on here get to you, considering what you do for a living, I know how carefully you choose your words!!
Oh and sorry I sh!t out at Capone's and beat you, I didn't deserve to win.
Hope to see you soon!

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Hey James! Big congrats on snapping off that huge Tallahassee event last weekend. I wasn't able to watch the XPC stream but for a few minutes but I saw the bracket and that was a tough field you plowed through undefeated.

Lol I still remember you beating me 7-0 at the Seminole event at the Hard Rock and you told me then you shiat out with "all those goofy runouts". A friend of mine has often told me that any sufficiently advanced technology can seem like magic. I think the same can be said about sufficiently advanced pool skill being seen as luck. You often seem to tell people you got lucky. :D

Anyways I just got my small tin that holds 10 Precision Tips from Dennis yesterday. Even the tins are high quality, just the right size and the lid screws on so the tin cannot easily come open and the tips fall out everywhere. I've left my cue on my table screwed together all week and every morning before work i've snuck in a a rack or two and I like these tips today even more than I did a few days ago when I first posted. They are just tremendous.

I know a lot of people in this thread have stated negative views and frankly they are entitled to their opinions. I will say though that all the negativity is coming from people who have not tried them. At $10 a tip I would think that for any serious player, they could just try one out for themselves and make up their own minds.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey James! Big congrats on snapping off that huge Tallahassee event last weekend. I wasn't able to watch the XPC stream but for a few minutes but I saw the bracket and that was a tough field you plowed through undefeated.

Lol I still remember you beating me 7-0 at the Seminole event at the Hard Rock and you told me then you shiat out with "all those goofy runouts". A friend of mine has often told me that any sufficiently advanced technology can seem like magic. I think the same can be said about sufficiently advanced pool skill being seen as luck. You often seem to tell people you got lucky. :D

Anyways I just got my small tin that holds 10 Precision Tips from Dennis yesterday. Even the tins are high quality, just the right size and the lid screws on so the tin cannot easily come open and the tips fall out everywhere. I've left my cue on my table screwed together all week and every morning before work i've snuck in a a rack or two and I like these tips today even more than I did a few days ago when I first posted. They are just tremendous.

I know a lot of people in this thread have stated negative views and frankly they are entitled to their opinions. I will say though that all the negativity is coming from people who have not tried them. At $10 a tip I would think that for any serious player, they could just try one out for themselves and make up their own minds.

After reading some of the negative responces. I wish these tips stayed a secret for friends and Cue makers only. Just kiddin:thumbup: well NOT REALLY

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

nice post...
I put them on 1 of my cues
great tips!

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
No, there currently is not a wait list. Probably would only ever happen if he ran out of them?

Only you can decide if they are better than Ultra Skins. Opinions vary.

He did not rebrand any tip, he had them made to his requests. I do not think any of us can control someone else's drooling problem.

Dennis does not charge $400 for a shaft and no tip is going to give you that performance.

I am sure Tony is happy with his current situation and given the choice, would rather have come with a million dollar idea verses a tip he makes a buck off of.

You should stick with what makes you happy. I mean, "They are only thin slices of leather, held together with glue after all."

I know Dennis pretty well, but asking him to press his own "poo" is just not something I have ever thought of. You might be able to corner the market on that idea?

So let me get this straight, a guy who has more cue work than he can do, decides to sell tips, that don't bare his name actually, for really penny on the dollar profit, compared to building his own cues or shafts, is taking advantage of his name?

No, I would not. Again, as the same with the "Poo" and "Drooling", I just have no knowledge of anyone "cutting off their dicks". And I do not know of anyone paying 4 grand for a bar cue with a shaft, but if someone wants something bad enough and they actually can afford it, its their business, not mine.

He did make it past grade 1 (?) and used a pen. He does that because he measures them himself to insure they are graded correctly. I guess he could have added some flare to those S M or Q. Shame on him.

I hope this answer some of your questions. I hope you have a nice day.

Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
While the tips look GREAT and uwate really knows how to play pool, he just doesn't know the difference between a layered tip and a non-layered tip :D I would like to know the hardness ratings of the soft, medium and hard tips.

And would like to know how much the soft tip mushrooms.

JoeyA

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
While the tips look GREAT and uwate really knows how to play pool, he just doesn't know the difference between a layered tip and a non-layered tip :D I would like to know the hardness ratings of the soft, medium and hard tips.

JoeyA

I'm using the soft on two cues and a medium on another. The soft is my favorite.

They don't mushroom. They feel about as soft as a Kamui soft and are dense as well as they grab the ball very well. They hold chalk very well and they don't harden up much if any.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
THANKS!
JoeyA

I'm using the soft on two cues and a medium on another. The soft is my favorite.

They don't mushroom. They feel about as soft as a Kamui soft and are dense as well as they grab the ball very well. They hold chalk very well and they don't harden up much if any.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with a new Precision hard tip yesterday for 6 hours. It plays like a true hard tip. Day 1 was great. Firm hit, lots of action, no miscues, holds chalk well.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JoeyA

Hi Joey
I put the soft thru the ringer. I broke and played with it just to see what would happen. I break a little firm. :D it mushroomed but I expected it to. Now I just play with it. Even after the breaking it still plays great to me. No miscues yet. I'm enjoying it with confidence.
Hope this helps.