Need help with solarez.

jokers_wild96

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm re finishing a joint and am using solarez. I made the joint collar a bit longer and have the finish on and to size. When cutting the joint collar down to size the finish keeps lifting off at the edge. This is happening when I use solarez. It's like it doesn't adhere to the material. And yes im using a new sharp cutter. What is going wrong with the finish.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I'm re finishing a joint and am using solarez. I made the joint collar a bit longer and have the finish on and to size. When cutting the joint collar down to size the finish keeps lifting off at the edge. This is happening when I use solarez. It's like it doesn't adhere to the material. And yes im using a new sharp cutter. What is going wrong with the finish.

I use a coat or 2 of the solarez vinyl grain sealer first........... the other thing you can do is use a coat of epoxy before the Solarez clear.................. also face the finished joint right after you cure it with the UV light.......... it does get a little harder the next day

Kim