Jacoby black
Old
  (#1)
Cshot
AzB Bronze Member
Cshot is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Jacoby black - 03-14-2019, 12:33 PM

Anyone have a review on the jacoby black shaft? Just wondering what its like compared to the revo

Old
  (#2)
Cshot
AzB Bronze Member

03-16-2019, 09:30 AM

Must be someone with input

Old
  (#3)
travislj
AzB Silver Member
travislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond repute

03-16-2019, 11:38 AM

Try looking under cue & shaft reviews

Old
  (#4)
Cshot
AzB Bronze Member

03-19-2019, 12:47 PM

Thanks. Found it. I like the reviews and cant wait for mine to arive

Old
  (#5)
Edrick
AzB Bronze Member
Edrick is on a distinguished road

03-20-2019, 05:31 PM

I just received mine today. Very disappointed in the quality. I am actually going to return it as a result. I will post some pictures of the issues in the other thread.

Old
  (#6)
crabbcatjohn
AzB Silver Member
crabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrick View Post
I just received mine today. Very disappointed in the quality. I am actually going to return it as a result. I will post some pictures of the issues in the other thread.
Heck, post it here, I couldn't even find another thread and i'm waiting for one myself

Old
  (#7)
travislj
AzB Silver Member
travislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2019, 06:59 PM

Look in the cue & shaft reviews section.

Old
  (#8)
Cshot
AzB Bronze Member

03-21-2019, 01:24 PM

Are u getting another one in replace if it? Why would u not take few shots with it to see if u liked how it hit? Im more interested in what it hits like, not what it looks like

Old
  (#9)
Marky Mark
AzB Silver Member
Marky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond repute

03-21-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshot View Post
Are u getting another one in replace if it? Why would u not take few shots with it to see if u liked how it hit? Im more interested in what it hits like, not what it looks like
What he's driving at is that at a price point of $475 the shaft should be perfect cosmetically just like a Revo or a Cuetec. Another issue that seems to the recurring theme the Jacoby is that the diameter or shaft at the joint is bigger than 0.840 which is the standard for almost any cue.

I would not be happy either if I received a product that was 100% finished.

Player: Predator Blak 3-3
Shafts: 12.4 & 12.9 Revo
Breaker: BK Rush
BK Rush test shots: https://youtu.be/v0dlf8-jcLM

THE jACOBY BLACK PLAYS GREAT.......
Old
  (#10)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Thumbs up THE jACOBY BLACK PLAYS GREAT....... - 03-22-2019, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Anyone have a review on the jacoby black shaft? Just wondering what its like compared to the revo
The shaft is tapered back with a real pro taper. It hits the ball good and the cue feels great when you hit the ball. Very solid.

I have a revo 12.4 and I have tried about 3 others but not the cuetek. The revo plays good but I'm always ready to upgrade if I think I can do more with something else to improve and enhance my ability.

I teach pool and play at a fairly high level. I can do just about everything I want to with the Jacoby Black and do it well,.

I will be getting a Jacoby Black as soon as possible....Need I say more.

Last edited by genomachino; 03-23-2019 at 02:16 AM.

Old
  (#11)
Edrick
AzB Bronze Member
Edrick is on a distinguished road

03-22-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
If I used it, I would not be allowed to return it from where I purchase it. And it is also not only a matter of what is looks like, but there are clearly missing layers of carbon fiber (see pics). I do not know how that will impact the performance or longevity of the shaft. Not worth the risk for the money spent.

I pre-ordered the Mezz Ignite since that is getting great reviews and from a company who holds quality in the highest regards.

Old
  (#12)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrick View Post
If I used it, I would not be allowed to return it from where I purchase it. And it is also not only a matter of what is looks like, but there are clearly missing layers of carbon fiber (see pics). I do not know how that will impact the performance or longevity of the shaft. Not worth the risk for the money spent.

I pre-ordered the Mezz Ignite since that is getting great reviews and from a company who holds quality in the highest regards.
These are getiing a lot of good press in Europe. They have a dealer in the US. https://www.go-customs.com/

Old
  (#13)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
These are getiing a lot of good press in Europe. They have a dealer in the US. https://www.go-customs.com/
What is good about Go-customs, Goran offers options for your choice the others don't, the only slight cons GO-2 shaft is available 30" maximum but otherwise many options to choose from. He is also opened for the questions and offers them at one of the best prices and I quess you don't have to wait for that amount of time as from the others at least yet. The things may change fairly soon with all this demand for these "revolutional" new toys. I also like Becue with their options, the only manufacturer offering theirs in 31" for the time being. Unfortunately their website does not work for several months I quess the crazy demand is behind it. It is amazing what modern marketing can do with masses and the desire of so many customers to be in trend.

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Old
  (#14)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vaskovskyi View Post
What is good about Go-customs, Goran offers options for your choice the others don't, the only slight cons GO-2 shaft is available 30" maximum but otherwise many options to choose from. He is also opened for the questions and offers them at one of the best prices and I quess you don't have to wait for that amount of time as from the others at least yet. The things may change fairly soon with all this demand for these "revolutional" new toys. I also like Becue with their options, the only manufacturer offering theirs in 31" for the time being. Unfortunately their website does not work for several months I quess the crazy demand is behind it. It is amazing what modern marketing can do with masses and the desire of so many customers to be in trend.
What i like is that you can get 12.75+ size shafts. I don't like 12.2-12.3mm. They offer Wavy option too. $389 seems like a pretty good price.

Old
  (#15)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
What i like is that you can get 12.75+ size shafts. I don't like 12.2-12.3mm. They offer Wavy option too. $389 seems like a pretty good price.
Considering what I've heard about Goran he is a great guy to deal with and I like the look of his new generation GO-2 shafts much better which are solid black with no weaving like the previous. I've wrote to him asking some questions out of curiosity because a student of mine wanted to give a try a c.f. shaft. He decided to use his chance and managed to order Cuetec once the second batch arrived to Seyberts. Otherwise we were going to order Becue.
Well the question I've asked Goran was about the hit of his new shafts in comparison to Revo 12,9 which I've tried and liked its stiffness and to Becue Prime-M which feels softer in hit as I was told. So Goran answered GO-2 performs closer to Revo with a better feel and sound but I know in order to have an objective opinion you have to try one. If I wouldn't be so happy with what I'm playing currently I could consider two manufacturers of c.f. shafts due to price/quality along with available options and they are GO-customs with their GO-2 shaft and Becue. Still Becue is the only one offering 31". For those looking for a standard length shaft it is already much more choices then just a year ago. It will be even more in a year and I believe you don't have to wait many years till there will be much more to get when it comes to the quality, different options and so on for less money.
I'm thrilled and curious much more about all those cue projects I have in mind to build and I prefer some great wood in a cue over the composites but of course the variety of choices is a great thing especially bearing in mind less and less great wood is available to work with...

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: