Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Which balls stay the cleanest for longer?
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
sgonzalez34
AzB Silver Member
sgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-04-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyyardline View Post
Ditto. I like the look of the Aramith Duramith tournament set, but only use my Cyclops set( regular colors) at home now because they stay cleaner than the Aramiths

Ditto for me, except that I have the Skittles colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old
  (#17)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Hallett View Post
I can't decide which set of balls to get. I've got very used Aramith premier atm and they always get dirty and the cue ball just absorbs chalk and stains!
I have a new and sealed set of Aramith super pro tv's but i'm thinking of selling them and buying Aramith Tournament, Cyclop Hyperion or maybe Predator arco 2 balls.
I like the look of the cyclop hyperion the most but i'm not sure if the quality is as good as duramith from the tournament set? Or is the Tournament set that much of a step up from the super pro's? Which set has the best cue ball to get more action on it?
I also don't know anything about the predator balls.

Which set would you say stays cleaner, which set has the best cue ball and what is the best set overall?
The Aramith Tournament ball stays the cleanest and shiniest of all the balls we use here, which include Brunswick Centennials and Aramith Super Pro. I don't know if that has anything to do with the duramith process. I can't comment on the Cyclop balls as we've never tried them, but I've heard from a very knowledgeable and reputable source that the newer Cyclop balls are of excellent playing quality as opposed to the first ones that came out a few years ago.

Last edited by ChrisinNC; 08-05-2019 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Add

Old
  (#18)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Hallett View Post
I can't decide which set of balls to get. I've got very used Aramith premier atm and they always get dirty and the cue ball just absorbs chalk and stains!
I have a new and sealed set of Aramith super pro tv's but i'm thinking of selling them and buying Aramith Tournament, Cyclop Hyperion or maybe Predator arco 2 balls.
I like the look of the cyclop hyperion the most but i'm not sure if the quality is as good as duramith from the tournament set? Or is the Tournament set that much of a step up from the super pro's? Which set has the best cue ball to get more action on it?
I also don't know anything about the predator balls.

Which set would you say stays cleaner, which set has the best cue ball and what is the best set overall?

I have Aramiths, Centennials, and Cyclop.

The Cyclop stay much cleaner. Supposedly it's because they have a higher resin content, therefore they're harder and therefore can be polished to a finer finish. Therefore crappo doesn't stick to their surface as much.

Lou Figueroa
therefore

Old
  (#19)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 05:38 AM

A new set of balls are not porous from friction, wear and tear and ball cleaning.
Having opened and ran/owned rooms in my earlier years, wiping them down with a damp cloth is all that's needed.
Keep anything abrasive away from the ball set.
Once the outer surface of your ball set has been worn down/compromised, this is normal behavior for your ball set.
I played in a room in MN where they CLEANED The balls after every table use. The ball set, if you played 2 hours, you could wipe a Visible, line in the ball with your finger from the dirt the ball had picked up during play.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#20)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

08-05-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
A new set of balls are not porous from friction, wear and tear and ball cleaning.
Having opened and ran/owned rooms in my earlier years, wiping them down with a damp cloth is all that's needed.
Once the outer surface of your ball set has been worn down/compromised, this is normal behavior for your ball set.
I played in a room in MN where they CLEANED The balls after every table use. The ball set, if you played 2 hours, you could wipe a Visible, line in the ball with your finger from the dirt the ball had picked up during play.
...so the cloth was just dirty AF ????

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#21)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
08-05-2019, 06:25 AM

Damp cloth?! That makes the balls sticky as hell.

They need some jizz on em. Well, not literally.

But damn, girl. At least spit in your hand.
Quote:

Old
  (#22)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
...so the cloth was just dirty AF ????
Sounds likely the balls didn't sit long enough after polishing, too.

They need to have time to let the polish cure, or they attract and hold particles.

Old
  (#23)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 06:30 AM

Peeps seem to not understand difference of Normal Aramith Super Pro and Duramith Super Pro(still Aramith).

Duramith tech is little bit different than normal super pro. Stays a lot cleaner than old resin.

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
HOW TO RUN RACKS IN 14.1 - Livestreamed with 103 run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnCaoYpzaM

Old
  (#24)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolmanis View Post
Peeps seem to not understand difference of Normal Aramith Super Pro and Duramith Super Pro(still Aramith).

Duramith tech is little bit different than normal super pro. Stays a lot cleaner than old resin.
Thx......................

Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#25)
sgonzalez34
AzB Silver Member
sgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond reputesgonzalez34 has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:

For some reason, my set of Aramith Tournament with Duramith developed small white smudges after only a few polishes. I just use the Aramith ball polishing liquid that came with my Super Pro set. I cannot polish off those spots now.

Old
  (#26)
metallicane
AzB Silver Member
metallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond reputemetallicane has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

08-05-2019, 08:50 AM

I have them all and Cyclops definitely stay cleaner longer.

Old
  (#27)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

08-05-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgonzalez34 View Post
For some reason, my set of Aramith Tournament with Duramith developed small white smudges after only a few polishes. I just use the Aramith ball polishing liquid that came with my Super Pro set. I cannot polish off those spots now.

Let us see your balls...and let us know how you're polishing them?

We can get you back to happy play time.

Old
  (#28)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member

08-05-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgonzalez34 View Post

I'd call the mfg and see if you can get a replacement set.

Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#29)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

08-05-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I'd call the mfg and see if you can get a replacement set.
I think you are jumping the gun on that one.

Old
  (#30)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:

I'm not aware of any "Duramith Super Pro" balls.

Saluc produces the "Super Aramith Pro" balls (without Duramith technology) and the "Aramith Tournament" balls (with Duramith technology).

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: