joshua filler

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like him, while being jealous that he found a lady who plays serious pool. I’m on that same mission myself but it’s tough.

Lol now Jeff it took time but I'm all in on that ,, I'd love to live on his cloud , hot wife who by the way plays pro pool supports him every step of the way , heck he's the Tiger Woods of pool right now give me more lol

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Your Honor, the defense calls one witness.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 563

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
lol the hate of Josh Filler is so weird.
What exactly is i that offends you all so much?

"omg he pumped his fist and yelled! so rude!"
"he did what? drank water? OUT OF LINE!"
"that f*cker waited 5 seconds to shake hands??? Absolute arrogant trash and a disgrace to the game!!!"

Here we have a guy talking about composure and calling Josh a little girl.
How much of a little girl do you have to be, to be bothered by this piddly shit?

Same guy probably loves Earl's antics.

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's a world champion at age 21 who travels the world to play pool and seems to be happily married. I'm sure that the negative comments from people in this forum are going to cause him no amount of sleepless nights.

I just don't see the point of starting a thread to say that you don't like someone that you've probably never met. Strange ......

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He's a world champion at age 21 who travels the world to play pool and seems to be happily married. I'm sure that the negative comments from people in this forum are going to cause him no amount of sleepless nights.

I just don't see the point of starting a thread to say that you don't like someone that you've probably never met. Strange ......

I met Joshua when he was 17 on his first trip to the US.
He shot faster than Jayson Shaw back then, and was quiet and polite.
Now, he's matured a bit, married, and established himself as the bright light in the pro pool world.
He's still polite and maybe a bit brash, but not in a negative way.
Don't forget that he's only 21, so we should have many, many more years to watch him continue to improve both on and off the table.

Attachments

• Joshua Filler at 17 .jpg
    Joshua Filler at 17 .jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
lol the hate of Josh Filler is so weird.
What exactly is i that offends you all so much?

"omg he pumped his fist and yelled! so rude!"
"he did what? drank water? OUT OF LINE!"
"that f*cker waited 5 seconds to shake hands??? Absolute arrogant trash and a disgrace to the game!!!"

Here we have a guy talking about composure and calling Josh a little girl.
How much of a little girl do you have to be, to be bothered by this piddly shit?

I think it's fair to say that he does some things that rub people the wrong way, socially. I think he's socially a bit awkward, maybe doesn't know how to handle certain situations. That's true for a lot of people. He happens to be in the limelight, as small as it is relatively speaking.

I don't think he's anywhere near "disgrace to the game" or anything like that. He's the hottest player on the planet. But, he does do some things that someone with a little more social skills might not. He's not the worst of them, but he's not the best.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hell yeah! And they are young government contractors too, Reston/ herndon/ ashburn...not columbia, laurel and Waldorf!

You got lady players over there in VA? Maybe I’ll have to cross the bridge. I did meet a girl at Q masters but I was just there for the night.

It’s worse that I like playing 1 pocket so I end up hanging out with old guys instead :sad:

To stay on topic though..filler is a beast there is no doubt. Say whatever you like about his style and well coiffed appearance, fist pumping and screaming but I can dig it. I only wish he played on our Mosconi team.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190831-134525.jpg
    Screenshot_20190831-134525.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 412

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And remember, it is different when you are the famous one.

You are in situations where virtually everyone knows you and you know virtually none of them.

I think it's fair to say that he does some things that rub people the wrong way, socially. I think he's socially a bit awkward, maybe doesn't know how to handle certain situations. That's true for a lot of people. He happens to be in the limelight, as small as it is relatively speaking.

I don't think he's anywhere near "disgrace to the game" or anything like that. He's the hottest player on the planet. But, he does do some things that someone with a little more social skills might not. He's not the worst of them, but he's not the best.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Now this guy is strange. He looks to his people in crowd for insight and then when he finally catches up with Pin Yi-KO on a slop shot and a lucky safe , he's obviously not containing his professional composure. Wipes his nose a lot? He's a very annoying little girl. Cant stand to watch him win off other players minut errors. Luck is your friend!

Which account number is this for you? I'm guessing 4th or 5th? Am I close?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I assume the US Open name refers to his favorite "Us Weekly Magazine"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i have yet to see anything controversial in joshuas behaviour. maybe if i was american it would be easier, cuz that's probably the main issue here

stockbob55

Registered
Joshua Filler !!!

In order for Joshua to be a great player, which he most certainly is, it is necessary for him to believe in himself 100% and to play and behave accordingly.

I have only seen him play and be interviewed by the media, he is always as modest as possible and very generous about the skills of his opponents.

He has done what we all wish we could have done.

How could you possibly find anything wrong with this 21 year old young boy???

Last edited:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP went fishin', and caught a boatload. Come on guys, yall know better than to feed the trolls....

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
i have yet to see anything controversial in joshuas behaviour. maybe if i was american it would be easier, cuz that's probably the main issue here

I doubt it. Personally I liked banastre tarleton’s style. I can appreciate extreme behavior, regardless of nationality. Some people can’t no matter where they’re from.

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw him play 4-5 years ago in the 14.1 tournament at Steinway. Though talented he was very wild at the time. He's improved in that aspect yet still has a tendency to rely on great shotmaking to recover from less than ideal decisions and position routes.
Of course all great players do that from time to time.
IMO he's at his peak right now. I'd be surprised if he has the same success 2-3 years from now. Most likely will be a victim of too much success too soon and will succumb to Buddy Halls old saying.... Just wait til that boy gets a little fear in him.
Right now however, he's awful tough to beat.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, plenty of examples

Tuff to stay on the top of the hill.

I saw him play 4-5 years ago in the 14.1 tournament at Steinway. Though talented he was very wild at the time. He's improved in that aspect yet still has a tendency to rely on great shotmaking to recover from less than ideal decisions and position routes.
Of course all great players do that from time to time.
IMO he's at his peak right now. I'd be surprised if he has the same success 2-3 years from now. Most likely will be a victim of too much success too soon and will succumb to Buddy Halls old saying.... Just wait til that boy gets a little fear in him.
Right now however, he's awful tough to beat.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Mizerak used to say of young phenoms "too young to know about pressure."

… but my guess is we've yet to see the best of Filler.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mizerak used to say of young phenoms "too young to know about pressure."

… but my guess is we've yet to see the best of Filler.

Zero doubt in my mind , he checks all the boxes , heck didn't he have the highest 14-1 run at the DCC , and has said that's his favorite game , and he's knocking down some of the biggest rotation titles and just hit drinking age ,